differences beetween working in practice and in industry

szelka
szelka Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hello everyone

I am doing an AAT Foundation, so I am at the beginning of the "journey" let`s say ;)

And I am in the middle of creating my CV and preparing myself to the interviews... nothing came up yet, but you have to be ready when it will happen, don`t you?

so... regarding a prospective question that could come up : "where exactly would you like to work" or alike...
Could someone please explain to me terms:
- accounting in practice
- accounting in industry
What is a difference, and pros and cons of working within those two...?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

szelka ;)

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I work in Industry and I have a friend who works in practice. I can only speak for what the differences are between our jobs but as I see it, I work in a more relaxed atmosphere than she does, but she is gaining experience of different systems and methods whereas I am just learning one way - the way of where I work. She seems to get more training in areas like excel, whereas I end up begging on here if no one at work knows!!

At the moment I get paid more than she does but I suppose she has potential to earn more in practice depending on her progression.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I think one of the main differences is

1 working in practise you deal with many different areas of employment or s/e

i work in practise and we have great deal of different kinds of clients from shops to window cleaners to entertainers (no names given)

were as in industry you will prob only deal with that companys accounts i.e building industry you would only deal with anything financial to do with building work.

personally i enjoy working in practise an can say ive never had 2 days the same in 4 years of been there.

Vic
  • szelka
    szelka Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Sarahwilson and A-vic ;)

Many thanks to both of you for replay.

That was in general what I had in mind.... but it is more clear to me now :D

I really appreciate your time spent to me, newbie...

Have a good day, wonderful weekend and see ya some other time in here ;)
  • Adam
    Adam Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    A-Vic wrote: »

personally i enjoy working in practise an can say ive never had 2 days the same in 4 years of been there.

Vic

I work in practice, and most of my days are the same!!

Before i went into practice, i worked in industry and mainly, or should i say, wholly did payroll for 4 days a week with one day off for college.

It was boring and when i left i was pleased i was leaving the work. The director of the firm went to the same school as i did, so the atmosphere was good and we had sales people and reception staff so there was always some one to talk to or have a bit of banter with. Work wise though i found you were employed to do just one job and that was it.

Now i work in practice a small firm so i've experienced a great deal, i get to do much more than i did in industry, i've even trained people up, which was really cool. but after a while you have one job to do, albeit a very more varied role but still very little challenge.

If you've got any q's send me a PM
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    szelka wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I am doing an AAT Foundation, so I am at the beginning of the "journey" let`s say ;)

And I am in the middle of creating my CV and preparing myself to the interviews... nothing came up yet, but you have to be ready when it will happen, don`t you?

so... regarding a prospective question that could come up : "where exactly would you like to work" or alike...
    Could someone please explain to me terms:
    - accounting in practice
    - accounting in industry
    What is a difference, and pros and cons of working within those two...?????

Thanks in advance for your help.

szelka ;)

Advice; Get out of the AAT before you invest more *wasted* time into it. The qulification won't even allow you to foot the ladder, let along step on the first rung. Many a fool lies in the graveyard of *failed* AATers. Try CIMA, or a BSC. Qulifications with a lot more clowt. Airy fairy gives airy fairy results, i.e. look forward to completing the course, and find a new *temping* career.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Are you in a really bad mood today?
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Are you in a really bad mood today?

No, it is just that plowing through the board always pops up members waffle. Some members points are valid, but the vast majority are clueless.
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    No, it is just that plowing through the board always pops up members waffle. Some members points are valid, but the vast majority are clueless.

Do you have nothing better to do with your time? If you insist on making insulting and pointless comments on here, at least spell them correctly!

This is a STUDENT discussion form, people are here to LEARN!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Do you have nothing better to do with your time? If you insist on making insulting and pointless comments on here, at least spell them correctly!

This is a STUDENT discussion form, people are here to LEARN!

I wouldn't let it worry you he is a troll did it all over the forum site - laugh it off
Privacy Policy