Acca

Esme
Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Could someone please tell me how long it usually takes to do ACCA via long distnace learning if you are AAT qualified and so can skip some units?

Comments

• *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Esme

I am starting ACCA in the June 09 sitting (results pending obviously)

You get to skip the first 3 papers by being AAT qualified which leaves you to take 6 skills papers and then a further 5 papers so 11 in total to sit (I believe this is correct)

I have started studying already for papers F4 and F5 so that I have plenty of time and to give me the best chance of passing two papers in the one sitting. I'm personally hoping to sit 2 papers every 6 months which would mean it would take around 3 years in total to complete the qualification

I hope this helps

Sarah
  • Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    That's what I need to know, thanks Sarah.. good luck!

I did a degree in Media Studies before I decided to work in Accounts and start AAT... I feel like I'm going to studying forever!!!

Hope it is all worth it in the end!:thumbup:
  • *Sarah*
    Esme wrote: ยป
    That's what I need to know, thanks Sarah.. good luck!

I did a degree in Media Studies before I decided to work in Accounts and start AAT... I feel like I'm going to studying forever!!!

Hope it is all worth it in the end!:thumbup:

lol i know what you mean, it never seems to end does it!

Good luck with your studies too :001_smile:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    blooming heck.is that the same for aca too !
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    pretty much, you can fast-track aca though and do it in 2 years
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    You can do ACCA quicker, there are 11 exams after AAT exemptions and you can sit upto 4 at each sitting, i.e. over 3 sittings 18 months.

You can use prior experience to count towards the 3 years work experience so would just need the other 18 months from AAT training1
    Regards,

Burg
  • mehmet
    mehmet Registered Posts: 113 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    It is extremely hard to pass 4 at a time, even if you study full time. 3 seems to be the accepted number for full time students, 2 for part time.

Also, bare in mind that the ACCA exams are in two different levels, so you need to pass the 6 fundamentals before you can do the professional level, which will change 3 sittings to 4. Also, at the Professional stage, I think you need to pass the 3 compulsory units before you can attempt the optionals.
  • *Sarah*
    mehmet wrote: ยป
    2 for part timeQUOTE]

Yep I totally agree, I have started studying for mine already and I def don't think I could manage any more than two at a time, think I'm gunna struggle with these as it is!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    holy shamoly............exams.........exams.......exams........

gee wizz.........
Privacy Policy