Anyone use FTax Legatio?????

monkeypuzzle47
monkeypuzzle47 Registered Posts: 134 Dedicated contributor 🦉
I have survived thus far, using HMRC software for completing self assessments, company accounts, payroll returns etc.

However I have an increased number of partnerships and of course hmrc does not provide the partnership core return.

I am looking into using FTax Legatio which I think is compatible with VT Final accounts (software that I use).

I am trying to consider whether it is worth a purchase as I only have 4 partnerships but my sole trader/company client base is 150+

I am looking for advice with anyone that uses this software. I would have to purchase the whole practice bit if I go for it which is £200plus with unlimited clients (am I right?).

Also I need to know whether the ft software provides a facility where I can get a complete list which clearly shows the clients returns outstanding and the position of each client. I'm so sick of going through each individual client on the hmrc software to check their position- it takes ages!!!! you can export the client list to excel but this just provides the name of client nothing else. All I want is a list to show me whose accounts are outstanding etc etc.

I would be interested to know who uses the FT package and any advice appreciated.

I have been happy with hmrc software up until now, but im running out of patience.

thanks in advance

jen

p.s one more self assessment to do then I will sleep for a fortnight me thinks!

Comments

• JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've used Ftax for the first time this year and it took a bit of getting used to, but I really like it now.
    I don't use VT so don't know how well that works, but it doesn't have the function you're after to run reports on your clients tax positions.
    I don't think you can buy the partnership bit independently of the personal tax return as you access the partnership return from a link at the top of the personal tax return, but send them an email and ask - they're very good at replying promptly and sensibly!
    Jodie
  • marine
    marine Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Tax Calc is recommended by me!
    Guest Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ftax

I've used this package for this years returns and will never re-use again. I have had nothing but issues with the IR marks from day one and still these are hit and miss.

The CT returns for post 1/4/08 only got completed in December so had to go else where and purchase software for this even though it was meant to be included.

I am going to change over to TaxCalc for this coming year and cannot wait!
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Don't quite understand why you need to order the whole package. I too tend to do SA using HMRC software, so the basic FTax with 30 credits is sufficient for a handful of partnership returns. Cost is about £50-£60, which is the least expensive I've seen.

I've found it works OK most of the time. Support is via email, and although obviously you don't get an immediate answer, they are very helpful.
  • paulb
    paulb Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    I have used Ftax this year and would have no hesitation in recommending it. Any issues have been resolved via email very quickly. I also like the fact that each tax return is a seperate Adobe document and so I can download them onto my memory stick and work on them at different computers rather than just having the actual software on one pc.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If your client base is 150 plus I think you can afford TaxCalc over FTax.

FTax is fine for smaller numbers but it is essentially just a clever pdf form filling tool.

I suspect you would find TaxCalc to be more suited to your needs.

The choice is yours!
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Dean, please tell me there's a glitch with the forums and you weren't really replying to posts at 3 in the morning?!!
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Being up at 3am is one of the many joys of fatherhood!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've used FTax for 2 years now and love it.
    Yes, it has its flaws - but for the price you can't fault it. It's the cheapest by miles, the support is great, and the few problems I've had with it have not outweighed the cost saving of buying more expensive software.

It's FAR superior to the HMRC product, that's for sure!!
Privacy Policy