Guitarists?

Paul24
Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Sorry for posting such a strange post, but I dont know anywhere else with such a random collection of individuals. Having some problems stringing my electric whereby the strings catching the fret bars. Tried restringing and adjusting string height on the head, if anyone else has any ideas please let me know, so annoying as you appreciate if you are a fellow player!!

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    wow what a strange thread to put on here !!! surely there must be a guitarist forum somewere !!!

that would have lots of threads..........or should i say 6 threads(get it 6 threads/strings)
  • Paul24
    wow what a strange thread to put on here !!! surely there must be a guitarist forum somewere !!!

that would have lots of threads..........or should i say 6 threads(get it 6 threads/strings)

Yes its no surprise to me that you think its strange (see previous comment) thanks for taking the time to post such a helpful / witty response :-)
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I was half expecting one of those silly threads along the lines of:
    The AAT would like to hear from members who scratch their backside. Has your backside scratching helped your accountancy career in any way? Blah blah blah...
  • mark130273
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Yes its no surprise to me that you think its strange (see previous comment) thanks for taking the time to post such a helpful / witty response :-)

well you know how bored some people can get ...sitting here in work on deadline day ,,doing nothing.....

!!!!!well time to work again
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Well this been an accountancy student based forum we dont get much call for guitar advise?

But good luck with the strings
  • Paul24
    As I said originally, it was the only place I could think of without trawling the internet where a random selection of people regularly visit. I am fully aware that it is an accountancy based forum, hence the reason I visit regularly to try to help students, knowing how useful the forums were to me before I became an AAT member. In future I shall stick to the accountancy based posts, although I do believe that the chat forum is designed to be 'off topic'.

Paul.
  • A-Vic
    As I said originally, it was the only place I could think of without trawling the internet where a random selection of people regularly visit. I am fully aware that it is an accountancy based forum, hence the reason I visit regularly to try to help students, knowing how useful the forums were to me before I became an AAT member. In future I shall stick to the accountancy based posts, although I do believe that the chat forum is designed to be 'off topic'.

Paul.

How nice now what i want to know did you get the strings sorted ? or have you tried dawsons in case the bridge is cracked ? you may have to have it all replaced?
  • mark130273
    hey a-vic..dont bother with any advise... i tried......and got a sarcastic remark....

and me being "really" helpfull too !!

lol
  • A-Vic
    hey a-vic..dont bother with any advise... i tried......and got a sarcastic remark....

and me being "really" helpfull too !!

lol

hehe well no comment back so i suppose he went to dawsons :lol:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Dunno about strings Paul as my guitar only has five coloured buttons but I can play loads of rock songs almost flawlessly!
  • A-Vic
    Dunno about strings Paul as my guitar only has five coloured buttons but I can play loads of rock songs almost flawlessly!

Guitar Hero rocks :thumbup1:
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    and Singstar doesn't?!
  • A-Vic
    and Singstar doesn't?!

Nar thats for girls compaired to hero lool
  • Paul24
    :-)

Dont suppose there is much Cetic Frost built in for you mate, more Nickelback I guess? Urgh
  • mark130273
    singstar............please dont even get me started on that..............warbling sounds....

my ears bleed.....
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    :-)

Dont suppose there is much Cetic Frost built in for you mate, more Nickelback I guess? Urgh

Sadly no Celtic Frost Paul as they were never that famous but we do have some thrash in there such as 'Raining Blood' by Slayer which is a bit nippy and hard as nails to keep up with and 'One' by Metallica.

As for Singstar, well if you're a Spice Girl wannabe maybe but how can that ever compare to holding an axe (albeit plastic one) on your hands?
  • Paul24
    I remember being really happy when i learned 'One' it was a glorious day!

Thay are one band i never went to see back in the day, not sure I would want to now. Blackened still remains one of the best opening tracks on an album to this day!
  • A-Vic
    Sadly no Celtic Frost Paul as they were never that famous but we do have some thrash in there such as 'Raining Blood' by Slayer which is a bit nippy and hard as nails to keep up with and 'One' by Metallica.

As for Singstar, well if you're a Spice Girl wannabe maybe but how can that ever compare to holding an axe (albeit plastic one) on your hands?

Rocked with the slayer leeds 06 and donnington 07 man that made my festivals any ideas where slayer gonna be this year????
Privacy Policy