Motivation Needed

jow774
jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Im Distance Learning and Ive just completed Unit 5, passed the sim and awaiting the exam result, doing ECR in June and was hoping to do Unit 7 before March as Im told its quite easy (dont know if thats true) but I just cant get motivated with it. I know how to do a graph/chart and how to fill in a VAT Return etc but I can't seem to get into the other bits that go with it.

Any tips to help me kick myself in to touch and knuckle down?:huh:

Thanks

:thumbup:

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was the same, sometimes units appear so easy that you put them off and before you know it 4 months have gone by and you still haven't done it!!

Make a list of what you are going to do, ie excel charts, vat return copy (sorry my list is at home of my evidence) and try and get one piece each day. Thats how I did it.It takes half your lunch hour if that and it gets it out of the way.

I can let you know what evidence I got together when I get home if you like.
  • jow774
    Thanks that would be a massive help.
    :001_smile:
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Sorry, could be a thicky question, but I'm doing Unit 7 at the moment, sitting the sim on Monday.
    What evidence are you talking about please?????
  • jow774
    If your following the NVQ route you can either provide workplace evidence or do a simulation. Or a combination of both if you can't get all the evidence together. Some simulations say that other evidence is required too but I don't know about the current one.
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    jow774 wrote: ยป

Thanks

It just comes down to whether you want it or not, no one knows other than you whether you're serious about qualifying.

Paul.
  • jow774
    I agree but sometimes even the most dedicated of us need a little nudge.
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Ah, phew, I'm doing NVQ :-D
  • John
    John Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    I'm struggling to get stuck in again and waiting until I get FRA result. If its fails then not sure - do they tell you the actual % ?
  • jow774
    Thats exactly how I feel, I really hope I've passed and then I might have more motivation to do the next units. At least I'll feel I have something to show for my efforts so far then. If I fail I may have a rethink! I think you just get a pass or fail, but not sure.
  • John
    But without knowing the %, if I fail how will I know if its a lost cause, or worth another go ?!
  • jow774
    Lol, True. But if you pass you know it isnt? Ive never taken an AAT exam before so I dont know for sure if you get a %. Roll on 17th Feb!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    you do just get a pass or a fail. the result is split into the relevant sections, so hopefully it will say

section 1 PASS
    section 2 PASS

unfortunately you do not get a % mark.

hope that helps

Tracy
  • John
    I assume you need to pass both ? And if you fail one you still retake both anyway ?
  • taskey
    yes that is right. you have to show competence in both sections.
  • John
    Thats fine then, I showed incompetence in both !
  • taskey
    you never know - i took fra 3 times and passed on the third. i am now resitting pev and pcr in june 2nd time lucky!!!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Unit 5

How did you get on with Unit 5? I am finding it a struggle :thumbdown:

jow774 wrote: ยป
    Im Distance Learning and Ive just completed Unit 5, passed the sim and awaiting the exam result, doing ECR in June and was hoping to do Unit 7 before March as Im told its quite easy (dont know if thats true) but I just cant get motivated with it. I know how to do a graph/chart and how to fill in a VAT Return etc but I can't seem to get into the other bits that go with it.

Thanks

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    taskey wrote: ยป
    you never know - i took fra 3 times and passed on the third. i am now resitting pev and pcr in june 2nd time lucky!!!

Thank goodness for that i know ive failed FRA this time but now feel ok to do a re-sit i was at the point of thinking i wasn't getting any of it and giving up
  • John
    I struggled - I knew it was never going to be easy for me and I found it hard to dedicate enough time to studying - Unit 6 seems lots easier, but think I failed FRA.
  • taskey
    my theory now is - i have come this far and i am not going to give in now. i just know i need to dedicate more time to studying - which is hard when you work full time and have 2 kids to bring up.

tracy
Privacy Policy