VAT Inspection

Options
Cullen
Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Aaaaarghhh, scheduled for early Feb.

Last one I had was about 5 years ago. Should I be frightened? Has anyone had one recently? Any advice out there?

Comments

• farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I have one tomorrow at 10, let you know what happens
  • Cullen
    Options
    Good luck.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    hahahahahaha
  • Cullen
    Options
    Do I detect hubris???

The gods will exact their revenge........
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Working in Construction we tend to get them every 3 years and they go over every return from their last inspection onwards.

recently I have had nicer inspectors than usual so not had any problems. Just provide regular cups of tea or coffee.
  • farmergiles
    Options
    Had a good visit, went through the workings for 4 missing vat returns, agrred my workings and went off happy. Only took an hour.
  • Cullen
    Options
    Good for you getting through it so quickly. Mine has been scheduled for over two days.

Good tip about the tea and coffee.I shall invest in chocolate biscuits.
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    The last one I had not personally, the firm of solicitors - they were in for 4 days. I had to sot down with them for a few hours to go through some missing docs - again, jst give confident answers and if you know the score - give it straight... they can smell bull sh*t a mile off.

Sure you'll be fine.
  • Cullen
    Options
    I've got the tea; twinings, the coffee; nescafe cap colombie,the biscuits; milk chocolate digestives and rich tea.

(I was going to go for the luxury chocolate biscuits but I thought that might look suspicious.)

He's due in in 15 minutes.

Wish me luck........................
  • farmergiles
    Options
    I wish you luck, they're normally straight forward
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Cullen wrote: ยป
    I've got the tea; twinings, the coffee; nescafe cap colombie,the biscuits; milk chocolate digestives and rich tea.

(I was going to go for the luxury chocolate biscuits but I thought that might look suspicious.)

Thats a bit posh (he or she might get a bit sus)

Only kidding good luck
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options

Good luck.................as people have said, just be straight with them. I am sure you will be fine.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Some VAT men can be funny about choccie biccies, one ended up going through VAT returns to make sure had not claimed back for Choccie biccies - as counted as non essential to work.

I hide the biccies when they come ever since. Don't know how they can class tea and coffee okay but not biccies?
  • mark130273
    Options
    i want to be a vat inspector..............anyone reckon i be good at that !!!!!!!!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    i want to be a vat inspector..............anyone reckon i be good at that !!!!!!!!

I second 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th and 10th that one (annoying aspect anyway hehehehe)
  • mark130273
    Options
    hahahahahahaha.............thanks....... ****ing myself here...
  • Cullen
    Options
    You know, Mark I really think you have a lot of the qualities desirable in a good VAT inspector.

My chap is still here, very nice, very polite, very appreciative of the biscuits, (he chose the chocolate digestives). Is he lulling me into a false sense of security and will he go for my throat when he is fully satiated on tea and snacks?

I told the Purchase ledger lady to wear something alluring. I clearly said, "think Mata Hari" when getting ready. She's come in wearing an anorak and wellies. Ah well............
  • Diannew
    Options
    You know, Mark I really think you have a lot of the qualities desirable in a good VAT inspector.

My chap is still here, very nice, very polite, very appreciative of the biscuits, (he chose the chocolate digestives). Is he lulling me into a false sense of security and will he go for my throat when he is fully satiated on tea and snacks?

I told the Purchase ledger lady to wear something alluring. I clearly said, "think Mata Hari" when getting ready. She's come in wearing an anorak and wellies. Ah well............

I know this is really a serious subject...VAT inspectors...........but the one's I know would love a woman in an anorak and wellies.................so you might have just pulled off a good move there.......................Hope all goes well.
  • Cullen
    Options
    I think it was the one that you know Dianne as he has just left and everything was hunky dory!

Yee hah!
  • mark130273
    Options
    thats a relief.............so remeebr ...wellies and anorake.....

no short skirt and tube top hey......

must rememebr that for next time......mini skirt didnt go down too well with my hairy legs....hahahaha
  • Diannew
    Options
    I think it was the one that you know Dianne as he has just left and everything was hunky dory!

Yee hah!

Well done..........even though you now you have done nothing wromg...these visits are horrible.....glad it worked out ok.
Privacy Policy