Desperately Seeking Work Experience

Rachelelise
Rachelelise Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello all,

I'm a brand new student member doing the Certificate level of an AAT diploma with Kaplan in London, with my exams in June.

I am funding the courses myself and intend to carry on through to Diploma Level, but my problem is that I don't work in the accountancy or finance sector and really want to support my studies with workplace experience.

I am hoping to get a job in the sector soon but find myself in the vicious cycle of no experience without a job and no job without experience!

I currently work freelance in Marketing & Research and would be able to either set aside 1 day a week for an agreed period, or come in for a few days at a time. I'm happy to help out with any relevant tasks in return for the experience - and would quite like to gain experience in bookkeeping in particular.

Can anyone offer any advice? Or does anyone know of a small company or professional individual in the Central London or Greater London area who would be able to help? If so please let me know and I can submit my C.V. for your info.

Thanks very much everyone,

Best

Rachel

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thb, I'm not sure that working just the one day a week would be enough to get employers interested. Training you to use the systems could take a while. I'd suggest volunteering at a charity or something like that. It'll give you some experience and will probably look good on your cv that you volunteered

Good luck
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Have you tried the NHS Web site they advertise work experience placements

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/
  • Rachelelise
    Rachelelise Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    I haven't - I will have a look now! Thanks so much.
    R
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    :001_smile: good luck
Privacy Policy