exam results

Options
pennie moore
pennie moore Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
Just wondered if anyone feeling as nervous as I am, I couldt sleep last night, only 1 or 2 days now till the results, Im am just waiting for DFS, my very last one and then completed hopefully lol

Comments

• Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am also nevously waiting for results, its all I can think about at the moment, I am waiting for PTC and PEV. Was doing great on PEV until the last question on lifecycle costings which I completely screwed up, so I am now pretty sure that I have failed section 2. But then a small part of me thinks that if everyone struggled with this question AAT make some allowances, not much longer and I will know. Good luck to everyone I know how hard we have all worked

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • carrieclarke2001
    carrieclarke2001 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    me 2

OMG its tomorrow night we get them so I will be sitting at my computer pressing the refresh button while checking my emails as I did on the technition level. Waiting for my MAC results. Good luck every one see you here tomorrow night.
  • kjg-kj
    kjg-kj Registered Posts: 68 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Nervously awaiting PTC & BTC. Will be on here tomorrow night after work. Good luck everybody!!!!
  • *Data Input* officer
    *Data Input* officer Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I am awaiting results for PTC and PCR. Best of luck to everyone but most of all myself:D
  • lily
    lily Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I am sooooooo nervous, I am almost 98% sure I have failed the PEV exam. I am so gutted as I have passed every exam every year until the final exams and I just get so panicked that i cant seem to manage to read the questions, its awfull as i dont think I wil get any better Its total panick. I am hoping that the examiner will feel sorry for me when marking them as I can do it, just not in the exam.
    Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • Poppy
    Poppy Registered Posts: 105 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Results

I'm also convinced I've failed PEV, If I can pass DFS I will be as content as I can be. If it's both it may well be the end of the road for me and AAT.

It's a shame as I want to go onto CIMA but this puts me off, I've now been studying three and a half years and beginning to wonder if AAT will ever end.

Good luck for all tomorrow as this is so important for so many, fingers crossed
  • pennie moore
    pennie moore Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Poppy Im sure you will have passed, and if not dont give up, in total its took me ten years to complete this course i packed it up about 6 years ago as failed pev twice ! but I decided to go for it again last year, My kids are a bit older and thought what the heck do it and I passed pev last august, now DFS, which im convinced i have failed ! so if you do fail which im sure you,ve not just dont give up you can beat this !
    Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, will keep all my fingers crossed for everyone x
  • emsquare1
    emsquare1 Registered Posts: 96 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same boat as you and waiting for same exams Good LUCK
  • Poppy
    Options
    I can remember Em you were as gutted as I was last time, will be keeping fingers tightly crossed...
  • emsquare1
    Options
    Poppy will you be on here tonight doing the vigil we do every year? I hope to god i passed just want to kick myself straight into my CIMA i know if i have a break i will never get back into it!
  • jamieh87
    jamieh87 Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    hate this time of year, waiting for PEV resit and DFS. reckon PEV is gonna be another resit in June cos of that last question. fairly hopeful about DFS. fingers crossed people.
  • emsquare1
    Options
    jaime same as me too! Although noone was happy with the last question so they might allow some room for mistake. If you have only done the last Q wrong i cannot se why you would have failed the rest! good luck all the same
  • jamieh87
    Options
    thats what i thought with the section 2 of the PEV the first time i did it but it looks like they want to fail as many as poss. me lecturer reckons i did wot i should of on section 2 but believe it wen i see it lol think i forgot to adjust net assets on a question sumwhere aswel, so tht wud of been on section 2 aswel.
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Guys

Me too with Pev - I checked my answers to Sandy's suggested's and feel everything else was ok accept last question so I will be gutted if I fail on that

Sandy seemed to think that would be harsh at the time but who knows the workings of the examiners minds?

PCR cnahge of format was taxing but think I did ok on that - FIngers crossed

This is the worst bit - the waiting - I haven't told any of my family they are due this week
  • jamieh87
    Options
    u havnt got the answer for that last question stil have you, wouldnt mind having a look at it if possible
  • Poppy
    Options
    Em I will be leaving work at 4ish (depending how long I can't wait it out) and then will nip home to refresh my e-mails for a while. Last time sat there for three hours refreshing, my husband is away today so I shall be inflicting my misery on my poor mother....

Lets hope for her sake it's good news:crying:
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Hi Jamie - Just checking
  • Pigpen
    Options
    I do hope Sandy doesn't mind me posting this - Hope it helps

Task 2.3
    a Discounted lifecycle cost of the machine from the data in question
    The year Net cash flow Discount factor Present Value (£) Yr Discount factor 5%
    0 (300,000) 1.000 (300,000) 0 1.000
    yr1 to yr5 (30,000) 4.330 (129,900) 1 0.952
    5 50,000 0.784 39,200 2 0.907
    Net present cost (390,700) 3 0.864
    Workings 4 0.823
    Annual running costs 5 0.784
    £30,000 per year

Residual value (end yr 5)
    £50,000
    b Savings
    Units per year 5000
    hrs saved/unit 3
    rate/hr £7
    Annual labour cost saved £105,000
    discount rate for 5 yrs 4.330
    Discounted value £454,650

c Recommendation based on the lifecycle costs and savings discounted at 5%

Discounted value of savings £454,650
    Discounted costs (390,700)
    Overall net present value £63,950
    As this is a positive amount it will add value to HeetMe Ltd and I recommend that
    this investment should take place.
  • Pigpen
    Options
    I personally messed up the calculations but did recommend the purchase
  • jamieh87
    Options
    hmmm a kno a didnt set it out like that lol i def recommended it because of the saving. dont unerstand the top part though.

i kno i put the cost as year 0 so it was at full cost

then discount the 30,000 each year witht e factors

then the residual value at the value stated. hope ive doen ok cant bear to look at the smug look on me bosses face again wen he dusnt have to give me a rise :(

infact lookin at tht again ive deffo failed. o wel bring on june lol
  • Poppy
    Options
    Same here, messed the calculation up but suggested they do it.

It's going to be interesting to see if it's a better pass rate than last years 53%, if it is I imagine they will have actually taken into account what a disaster the question was.

Lets hope they had a kind moment for all of us students who took this paper, especially for those of us who this was our second attempt...
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Did either of you do PCR?
  • jamieh87
    Options
    personally cudnt believe that that question had even been put onto the paper. lecturer was talkin to is bout the june exam and there was hell on about that section 2 aswel. o wel i fully expect to fail now, section 2 again no doubt. might aswel get me head down and start learning formulas again
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Everyone waiting for PTC and DFS!! DFS im pretty confident with but PTC, well who knows??? Hope it all goes ok im quite nervous now!! What time do we normally get our results because i was down under for my intermediate results and missed out on the whole "refreshing" part.
  • Poppy
    Options
    Got PCR in DEC 07 but heard this one was a horrendous paper.

It's so unfair when you put so much effort in and they make things as difficult as they can, trick questions, Questions you can't even understand and questions from prior years studies......
  • Pigpen
    Options
    Hi Poppy - Pcr was really scary when you first looked at it but if you read it thru it was ok - I know some people felt it very unfair cos the format of the exam changed but it was essentially asking the same stuff - There was loads of writing tho - My pen ran out and it was new!
  • jamieh87
    Options
    Moseley_21 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone waiting for PTC and DFS!! DFS im pretty confident with but PTC, well who knows??? Hope it all goes ok im quite nervous now!! What time do we normally get our results because i was down under for my intermediate results and missed out on the whole "refreshing" part.

anytime after 6. the f5 button will be gettin some hammer tonight lol
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    jamieh87 wrote: »
    anytime after 6. the f5 button will be gettin some hammer tonight lol

The F5 button - I always forget that!

I'll be there too.....:thumbup:
  • jamieh87
    Options
    not as much hammer as al be giving the aat if a fail section 2 again though! :D
  • welshboy
    welshboy Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Think I have prob failed DFS if the pass mark is 80% made 2 or 3 silly mistakes which will cost me. 80% seems high but thats the way it goes I guess.
Privacy Policy