AAT Mothers

Options
Nathanael
Nathanael Registered Posts: 11 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Hi All,

The AAT PR Team sometimes do campaigns targeting specific audiences and at the moment we're looking for people who manage the demands of looking after young children and running their own practice or working full-time.

You would be asked to provide a few details and a quote that hopefully may appear in the press.

So, if you are interested and have a story to tell, please post or PM me with your details.

Thanks,
Nathanael, AAT Comms Team

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I've got 2 kids, work full time and am studying for AAT if thats of any interest?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've got 2 kids, work full time and am studying for AAT if thats of any interest?

Sarah when exactly do you sleep? :001_smile:
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    I catnap at work but don't tell anyone!!:lol:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I catnap at work but don't tell anyone!!:lol:

'nudges sarah' boss on route :lol:
  • sarahwilson
    Options
    I've actually just thought about it - I work 8.30-5 five days a week, I take my kids swimming 2 nights straight after work, my daughter goes horse riding one night a week and Sunday morning, I take my grandma shopping on a Saturday morning, sometimes have to drop my son off at football on a Saturday lunch time as well as clear up. My hubby does the ironing and footbal run usually so thats good.

If the AAT are ever doing a feature on people who clearly don't have time to study the qualification I'm your man!!:lol::lol:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've actually just thought about it - I work 8.30-5 five days a week, I take my kids swimming 2 nights straight after work, my daughter goes horse riding one night a week and Sunday morning, I take my grandma shopping on a Saturday morning, sometimes have to drop my son off at football on a Saturday lunch time as well as clear up. My hubby does the ironing and footbal run usually so thats good.

If the AAT are ever doing a feature on people who clearly don't have time to study the qualification I'm your man!!:lol::lol:

Can I borrow your husband, I have an ironing pile the size of a small house, and that's the one thing my husband won't do! I managed the ironing all the way through AAT as well as ACCA but it was a real chore.

Your husband sounds just the ticket!!
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi,

I have 3 kids aged 5, 10 and13 and I work 30 hours a week, does that class as full time? I'm studying towards the Technician level at the moment, it's been a long hard struggle juggling work, kids and studying and I have had to change my own initial expectations of completing the course over 3 years, instead I did a year, took a year out, did another year, took another year out, and now I hope to be completed by December - fingers crossed! I'm looking at starting ACCA next and want my children to see that hard work can have its rewards.

Hats off to all of us, men and women who strive to better ourselves and still fit in work and family time.

Oh, yeah one more thing, I send my ironing out each week!!!!
  • Tiger
    Tiger Registered Posts: 63 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Hi I am a mum of three (9,6 & 4). I work 24 hours a week in accountancy practice, my husband and I have our own business (not accountancy) for which I am the single clerical/accounts person. I have just got the last of my technician level passes this week. I'm also PTA Treasurer at the school......

Life is busy but so much better that way!!

My AAT studies started as a hobby in 2007 to keep my state of mind heathly when I was a stay at home mum....now I love it and if I can find the time I will be going on to do ACCA....

T
    xx
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Tiger wrote: ยป

My AAT studies started as a hobby in 2007 to keep my state of mind heathly when I was a stay at home mum....now I love it and if I can find the time I will be going on to do ACCA....

T
    xx

Do ACCA especially if you can get your practice to at least part fund it. I've never regretted it. I work 25 hours a week and have 2 children (6 and 11).

Best thing I ever did.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I work full time in construction office, have a 5 year old son, semi disabled husband, trying to decorate my house and get alterations finished to make life easier for hubby.

Including travel time to office - out for 50 hours per week and have suffered from M.E. since 16.

Managed to finish Intermediate level with December exams and now starting tech. level.

Do have a cleaner who comes in once a fortnight for 2 hours to keep house just above 'How clean is your house' state, hubby complains about me diong this but unless he wants to do it all I am carrying on with it.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I am a Mum of 3 aged 9, 10 and 12. I am also a registered childminder, a part time cleaner, and I do some charity work once a fortnight. I hae a neighbour who is 101 and I am down as her carer as she can't afford a nurse to pop in and check on her and the government won't giver her one for nothing. My husband has his own (small) business (for now!) and I do his books and payroll. I am also studying AAT at Foundation level as I would really like to better myself and found I enjoyed my book keeping course last year.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I am a Mum of 3 aged 9, 10 and 12. I am also a registered childminder, a part time cleaner, and I do some charity work once a fortnight. I hae a neighbour who is 101 and I am down as her carer as she can't afford a nurse to pop in and check on her and the government won't giver her one for nothing. My husband has his own (small) business (for now!) and I do his books and payroll. I am also studying AAT at Foundation level as I would really like to better myself and found I enjoyed my book keeping course last year.

and when do you sleep???

Tracy
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Sleep? What's that then?
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I studied for my AAT from when my son was just 18 months old. I needed to keep my brain working. I was also working part-time from home running a plumbing and heating company with my partner. I have worked full-time and part-time ever since, ie full-time in my main job and part-time in accounts as a MIP. It really helped my son too because he always had a desk beside me as a young child, with his own calculator, pens, books, phone etc etc and he has always understood about learning and working. He is now studying A level accounting, as well as other subjects.
    Busy life - working and being a mum, but rewarding from both angles.
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I have teenage kids - 15 & 19 (now) and a stepson 21

I returned to education two years ago after a long, long break and have passed intermediate & all 4 exams so far for technician through home study!!!

I work full time as an office manager / Jack of all trades but mostly all the accounts functions of the business.

Lat summer was fun as I was studying for Technician exams - and both my sons were doing GCSE's (early) and A-levels - It was a bundle of fun in our house I can tell you - The good thing to come out of it though was that the kids really appreciate it when I tell them that you have to put the work in if you want success cos they have seen me do it too - Last Monday when I passed PEV & PCR they ran round the house whooping with me - They have been a great support as I hope I am to them

So they are not young kids - But just as dependant !
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Congrats on your passes Pigpen! Your children are obviously very proud of you.
Privacy Policy