ACA...Experience

Options
luds
luds Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
Just completed AAT and want to go on and do ACA. I've worked in a basic accounts role for the past 3 years at a construction company and haven't picked up any really useful skills or experience. Would it matter that I have no experience of working in a practice or the fact that I'll have very little knowledge of the job/studies that I will move onto if I apply for a role that also accomodates ACA studying?

Comments

• *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    luds wrote: »
    Just completed AAT and want to go on and do ACA. I've worked in a basic accounts role for the past 3 years at a construction company and haven't picked up any really useful skills or experience. Would it matter that I have no experience of working in a practice or the fact that I'll have very little knowledge of the job/studies that I will move onto if I apply for a role that also accomodates ACA studying?

I always thought you needed to work for an approved employer to do ACA? I could be wrong though. This is why i chose to study ACCA instead
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes, you need an ACA training contract with an ICAEW registered firm, the vast majority of which are public practices.

You lack experience in practice which will be a disadvantage. But it's not insurmountable. You have a qualification and 3 years accounts work behind you.
Privacy Policy