DFS - JUNE 09 - BPP book out of date?

Pigpen
Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I have been sent a text book by BPP for DFS which is out of date according to the front cover. It says here that it is for Dec 07 & June 08 exams - Well done BPP! Outstanding service as usual.

Does anyone know if the syllabus has changed dramatically and advise whether I should get the most recent text books?

Appreciate your replys

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    i have the book for 2003 - i would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if this is still in date or should i buy a new one as it is drastically different.

many thanks

Tracy
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Tracy you definitely need a new book!

There have been changes in some of the examinable IAS's which you will need.

I took the ACCA paper advanced corporate reporting in June last year and my IAS knowledge relating to consolidated accounts is out of date already!
  • taskey
    thanks for that blue - i also have unit 8 & 9 from 2003 too - should i get new ones of those too? looking through those past exams it is all about using your knowledge rather than rates etc.

Tracy
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I wouldn't know about unit 8 and 9 but as you say I don't think they change that much.

Perhaps Sandy might be able to answer that one!

As for your dilemma Pigpen, I would double check with BPP, they should know (hopefully).
  • taskey
    thanks blue.

Tracy
  • taskey
    i have just bought the BPP DFS book from amazon Β£17.47 free postage. at least i know now all i am studying is current (on this one at least - i have emailed sandy for 8 & 9

Tracy
  • Pigpen
    I think I will do the same - However according to Waterstones there is another copy due out in March - I rang the AAT and they were at a loss and told me to check the reading list - So I will do that I think
  • taskey
    i checked on the AAT website for the reading list and put in the isbn into amazon.

tracy
  • Pigpen
    Well I will do the same then - Thanks very much :thumbup1:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

I was told that any financial books over a year old would not have all the IAS's in them, and that the management accounts books would still be ok, and it would be fine to purchase older copies off of ebay etc.
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I have the Kaplan books and with the exception of personal tax I am using old books for all the modules - last year's for units 8 9 and 11 and 06/07 for unit 15! The only difference I find is that some of the excercises are on different pages to everyone else!
  • carla030698
    carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Im having the same problem with BPP, they sent me the books for 2008 exams for BTC and PTC and they are deffinatly out of date, now im in a battle to get new ones!!! Argh! :mad2:
Privacy Policy