Sage Invoice Problem

Options
Yazi
Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi
Please can someone help me with this scenario. The solution is probably staring me in the face.

Supplier invoice normally paid by Company Credit Card.
Card was 'compromised' so was cancelled and new one issued.
While waiting for a new card the Boss allowed his own bank card to pay for a few invoices.

At end of week I did a Bank Transfer to Boss bank account for total amount used on his card, and then did Bank payment to the Boss account on Sage.

Now how do I pay off the supplier invoices on Sage?

Thanks in advance
Yasi

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Would you just pay them off out of the credit card account in Sage? If you have dealt with reimbursing the boss in sage, I think thats how you would do it.
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yazi wrote: ยป
    Hi
    At end of week I did a Bank Transfer to Boss bank account for total amount used on his card, and then did Bank payment to the Boss account on Sage.

Now how do I pay off the supplier invoices on Sage?

When you say Boss account I presume you mean director's current account. Just post a credit note onto the supplier account using the director's current account nominal code that will then cancel out the payment to your boss and clear the supplier account.
  • Yazi
    Options
    Jilbo : Not sure that I should credit note an invoice which is meant to be there.

Maybe I should not have posted the bank payment to the Directors account and just done a Bank payment to the suppliers so that this matches the amount paid to Boss's own bank account.
    Bank will balance and supplier will be paid off...what do you think

Sarah: I cannot really show any payments from the credit card when the actual payment did not come out of the credit card. Otherwise there would be two payments, one from Bank to boss and one from ccard to supplier.

Thanks for your replies.
  • jilbo
    jilbo Registered Posts: 197 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Yazi, I don't mean for you to credit the invoice out of the accounts. Say invoice was for stationery, leave the invoice as it is with the expense in stationery, the 'credit note' is simply an adjustment to the supplier's account and should be coded to directors current account. The expense will still be in stationery, the supplier account will be clear and the payment to your boss will be cancelled out by the 'credit note'.

You could have posted the bank payment striaght to the suppliers account but I wouldn't bother reversing it now becasue you'll get exactly the same result posting the adjustment via a 'credit note'
  • Yazi
    Options
    Ok Thanks for your help.

Yas
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I tend to do a bank receipt from director's current account to bank then supplier payment from bank account.

Then when reimbursing director payment to director from bank account.
Privacy Policy