Professional Cover

Leo
Leo Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

I am a full member of 2 years looking to start as an MIP. I would be doing bookkeeping and SA work to start with. I deperately need a professional cover in order to become an MIP. Is anyone willing to help me out please? I am based in Kent and have only one current client a small cleaning ltd co.

Any responses much appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I too am looking to register as a MIP. I have a professional cover in mind - he is not an AAT member but is ACCA qualified but not longer works in accounts. Does a professional cover have to be an AAT member with their own PII?
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Professional cover does not have to be an AAT member but they do need to have the abiltity and capacity to manage your business if you are unable to do so. If they do not have PII then you should make sure they are covered under your own policy.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi

I had a similar query regarding having an Accountant that wasn't an AAT Member in Practice when I renewed my licence last year.

I emailed the AAT and they said that it was ok for me to nominate this person as my Professional Cover.

They also sent me the following link:

http://www.aat.org.uk/continuityofpractice

I'm guessing they may not accept the person you have in mind as they have to have their own indemnity insurance and you said they no longer work in accounts.

The best thing is to email the AAT and if you are lucky you will get a response!!!!!
  • Leo
    Leo Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Gem7321
    Member Join Date: Dec 2007

I too am looking to register as a MIP. I have a professional cover in mind - he is not an AAT member but is ACCA qualified but not longer works in accounts. Does a professional cover have to be an AAT member with their own PII?

If you have no luck with the person you have in mind, I could be your professional cover and you could be mine. Let me know, my e-mail is stanimirav@yahoo.com.

Thanks
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Thanks for your replies, I will email AAT and see what they have to say
Privacy Policy