Unit 10 project ideas

tonitowle
tonitowle Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

Im starting Technician level @ Kaplan next week, but according to the study plan we only spend 2 lessons on the unit 10 project, and id like to get a headstart on ideas for it.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?
Ive thought of things such as paying suppliers by bacs / emailing invoices to cut down on paper/postage costs, but is this too basic?

Thanks

Toni

Comments

• lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ideas for Unit 10 project

I think your ideas are spot on. Mine was work-based about paying agents on a monthly basis via bank transfers and e-mailing them the details.

I was able to show cost comparisons between multiple cheques and single transfers; between the cost of printing and posting remittance advices as opposed to e-mailed statements.

I was also able to include a section on fraud and bank sanctions and ways to overcome them.

I had to invent the part about training staff and motivational skills because my company weren't up for any of that, but it was good training for me and I was able to find all I needed via the web.

Good luck with your project, sometimes the simplest ideas are the best!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    seems like everyone is having real trouble with this project .bit like i am... hav already handed mine in and got it back with a tonne of mistakes and other things to add and rearrange......surely there must be an easier way to test this !!!
  • Kinga1989
    Kinga1989 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,
    I have got similar problem as Toni. Studying with kaplan and want to start the project as soon as possible.
    I understand what i have to do in the project but the biggest problem for me is to choose a suitable topic. I am working in SMALL Chartered Accountant office where is only 4 of us working together with Director.
    All the accounts for this business is preparing main director so i am really having trouble on what shall i write about. We do not have purchase ledger to manage for this company, no products to sell, no IT department bec of small company, no buyer of material.
    What to do ? =(((((((
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Kinga1989 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am working in SMALL Chartered Accountant office where is only 4 of us working together with Director.
    All the accounts for this business is preparing main director so i am really having trouble on what shall i write about. We do not have purchase ledger to manage for this company, no products to sell, no IT department bec of small company, no buyer of material.
    What to do ? =(((((((

I also work for a small practice - its just me and the owner! I still managed to do my project on the workplace. Being so small would you perhaps be able to talk to your colleagues and the director to discuss an area you could possibly improve on? I've done my project on the amounts we charge our clients.

Good luck!
  • Kinga1989
    I also work for a small practice - its just me and the owner! I still managed to do my project on the workplace. Being so small would you perhaps be able to talk to your colleagues and the director to discuss an area you could possibly improve on? I've done my project on the amounts we charge our clients.

Good luck!

Thanks for your response Rozzi. Unfortunetely they are not willing to help me in any way. so it can be anything i can write about? It doesn't have to be a system such as payroll etc. ? Just an area for improvement such as e.g sending VAT returns online ? or expanding business (meaning wider range of services, workplace area) ? i really don't know...
  • Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Kinga1989 wrote: »
    Thanks for your response Rozzi. Unfortunetely they are not willing to help me in any way. so it can be anything i can write about? It doesn't have to be a system such as payroll etc. ? Just an area for improvement such as e.g sending VAT returns online ? or expanding business (meaning wider range of services, workplace area) ? i really don't know...

They sound like good ideas, however I would check with your tutor before you start to make sure they are suitable. You will need someone in your workplace to be able to sign the project off and confirm it is your own work.

If all else fails you can order a simulation from the AAT and do the project on that, but my tutor said this is not an easy option and it would be best to try and do it on your workplace.
  • Kinga1989
    They sound like good ideas, however I would check with your tutor before you start to make sure they are suitable. You will need someone in your workplace to be able to sign the project off and confirm it is your own work.

If all else fails you can order a simulation from the AAT and do the project on that, but my tutor said this is not an easy option and it would be best to try and do it on your workplace.

Right, well they are fine to rear my project when it's done and sign it off but i cant get any help from them regarding the project. Anyway i will be fine, will just confirm the topic with tutor like u said and then have a go :)
    Thanks a lot
  • JFJ
    JFJ Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

New to all this as i have just registed...

My unit 10 is simular to lou123, we currently use paper remittances and now changing over to e-mail version, but i feel like i'm struggling a little trying to find those all important 4000 words and words that also meet the criteria...!!

Any suggestion greatly Appreciated....!!

Thanks JFJ
Privacy Policy