Angling Club Accounts

T.C.
T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
A local angling club has asked me to have a look at their accounts to make sure they are doing them correctly. They have a turnover of just £3,000 a year. Should they have any regulatory inspection of accounts? I don't believe they are a charity.

Comments

• T.C.
    Please someone help with this one?
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    I don't think it is mandatory to have a 'regulatory inspection'. However, most clubs and their committees generally insist on it for the benefit of its members.

I do a couple of choirs and it's called an 'independent inspection'.

Regards

Dean
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    T.C. wrote: »
    A local angling club has asked me to have a look at their accounts to make sure they are doing them correctly. They have a turnover of just £3,000 a year. Should they have any regulatory inspection of accounts? I don't believe they are a charity.

Sounds a bit fishy to me
  • T.C.
    I do an independent examination of accounts for a charity once a year, but as this is not a charity and has such a small turnover, I just wanted to know if they "had" to have some sort of inspection. Anyone know? :001_unsure:
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    I thought I'd answered your question?

Regards

Dean
  • T.C.
    There is a little "moaning" in the club and just wanted to check that they are doing things right. I will be doing an unofficial check of the accounts because they don't want a full inspection. I think they just want to check that they are doing things correctly. I really just wanted to know whether they should have a "property inspection". Thanks.
Privacy Policy