Taxation units- June 2009 exams

carla030698
carla030698 Registered Posts: 112 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi,

Im just starting my Buisness taxation and personal taxation units and purchased the homestudy course in August last year from BPP. They were late ending me the units for 18 and 19 but it didnt realy matter as I wasnt going to do it until this year anyway as I did DFS and MAC in December. Anyway, after chasing them up several times the books eventualy arrived. Bpp knew that I was not going to sit the exams until June 09, but the books they have sent me are for the 2008 exams, does anyone know if they will be ok??
I beleive the rates are given in the exam anyway if they use new ones. :confused1:

Comments

• Ruddock1980
    Ruddock1980 Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Carla

My understanding is that the exam that will be sat in June 09 will be considerably different from the previous december and june and would advise you to contact AAT as they will have the definative answer

Good luck in your exams

Theresa

:001_smile:
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    This article gives you more information regarding the changes:

http://www.aat.org.uk/servlet/file/Changes+to+tax+exams+in+2009.doc?ITEM_ENT_ID=13118&download=1
  • carla030698
    Thanks for your replies, I have just contacted BPP and the lady I spoke to told me that I will need the books for the 2008 exams, but im still not overly convinced as she wasnt very helpful and not at all convincing. So looks like im stuck with these ones but thanks for the notes richard il definatly keep a copy of them!

If anyone else has any info on the books, id appreciate it! :001_unsure:
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi

When I sent off for my books for PTC and BTC in September last year I was told, by Premier Training, that the books being sent were only suitable for the 2008 exams. If I failed either exam, and then went onto resit in 2009, then I would have to buy new books, due to all the changes. As I passed both, I have not had to worry about getting new books.

These were Osborne books, and not BPP books, but surely whoever you get the books from you would need new ones for the 2009 exams due to all the changes?

I was with BPP for advanced certificate level, but, as I have mentioned before, I would not go with them again, and this is due, in part, to incorrect information that they had given me, which they now deny.

Tracy
  • carla030698
    Hi Tracey, thanks, Yes im with you on that one, they are not helpful at all when you phone up, the women I spoke to just sounded like she couldnt be bothered and was probably just saying anything to get me off the phone, maybe il ring again and see if I get a different answer from a different person. I just keep lookin at the changes to exams in 2009 leaflet I printed by the AAT and getting confused!

Wish id done these to in December now instead of DFS and MAC! x
  • carla030698
    Just rang BPP again and the man I spoke to was much more helpful, and actually looked into it for me, and it turns out there should be new books for the 2009 exams!
    Since I actually filed my application form in to say I would be sitting the exams in 2009, I raised the issue that I should never have been sent the 2008 books in the first place, he is going to look into it for me and let me know if I will have to now buy the books again.... :mad2:
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Carla,

Just to let you know, Osborne have published updated workbooks for the 2009 exams, and they are available to buy from Amazon.

I am currently using them as I study with Premier Training, and they always use the Osborne books, which I can recommend.
  • carla030698
    Thanks Richard, the man said he would ring me back either today or monday (probably after monday knowing BPP) so if I dont get any joy, then I will go for that option! :001_rolleyes:
  • carla030698
    Finally, BPP are sending me the updated books! Finally got a man who wanted to help me! :001_smile:
Privacy Policy