F.a.t

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi A-Vic,

Please can I join your F.A.T group as having my first experience of a troll a couple of weeks ago I want to be protected from future trolls!

Do I need to do some kind of aniciation test (not sure if that's how to spell it)?:001_smile:

If I am worthy let me know how to join.

Have a nice day!

Jewels
ยซ1

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hi A-Vic,

Please can I join your F.A.T group as having my first experience of a troll a couple of weeks ago I want to be protected from future trolls!

Do I need to do some kind of aniciation test (not sure if that's how to spell it)?:001_smile:

If I am worthy let me know how to join.

Have a nice day!

Jewels

Hey Jewels

By all means join in but am thinking of charging a finders fee of:-

1. Chocolate
    2. botels wine
    3 Days of being my personal slave

If agreed to terms and conditions please tell everyone about it :lol::lol::lol:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/group.php?groupid=7
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Hey Jewels

By all means join in but am thinking of charging a finders fee of:-

1. Chocolate
    2. botels wine
    3 Days of being my personal slave

If agreed to terms and conditions please tell everyone about it :lol::lol::lol:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/group.php?groupid=7

Wine not a good idea as it messes with your brain and you need a clear head if you're the master of the F.A.T group!:laugh:
    Can we give the slave bit a miss cause I am one of those at work already!

I agree to term 1 therefore "The chocs in the post".............Heard that one before when chasing payment anyone??????????????:lol:
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hang on Vic, I coined the idea I want a cut:lol:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I agree with Robert, act your age and stop this stupidity. It's not big and it's not clever.
    'Nuff said!!!
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I agree with Robert, act your age and stop this stupidity. It's not big and it's not clever.
    'Nuff said!!!

I am not taking sides................ I am just being honest.....but there have been some rather near the knuckle abbreviations of certain groups on here over the last few weeks.....I feel they were all meant to be in jest...I may be wrong and by all means correct me if I am wrong...but I don't think any harm was meant by the majority of the nice people who post.
  • A-Vic
    With spelling like that even if you don't pass Vic's initiation, I'll accept you into the FATASS spin off, founder members being Vic and Mark.

"Botels" Vic? Tut tut...

One hours sleep in 48 and still at work "sobs" :crying: stop picking on me - hehe l do spell bad and it adds to my charms :001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    One hours sleep in 48 and still at work "sobs" :crying: stop picking on me - hehe l do spell bad and it adds to my charms :001_tt2:

Does a couple of bottles of wine fit in there also:lol::lol:

How was your weekend
  • jewels.p
    With spelling like that even if you don't pass Vic's initiation, I'll accept you into the FATASS spin off, founder members being Vic and Mark.

"Botels" Vic? Tut tut...

I googled "aniciation" 2 and it came up as spelt like that so it must have been an incorrect spelling website!:laugh:

FATASS?.........................Not sure about that one what does it stand for............For All The Aat S*** Spellers? and that was a guess just incase it's right!:lol:
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    near the knuckle abbreviations

Wouldnt call what is on this thread near the knuckle! Id say that is an understatement.

Regards

Paul
  • Diannew
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Wouldnt call what is on this thread near the knuckle! Id say that is an understatement.

Regards

Paul

I fully agree with you..the point I was trying to make is that Mark12034...was not the only one to go that far................I am not saying he was right...the word he used was offensive but so where others....but I don't think he realised he had pushed it that little bit over the top.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think that MARK 130273 should
    a) delete the offensive word &

b) Be man enough to apologise to every one he may have upset.
    We can have enough fun with double entendre's without being outright offensive.
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

I agree, look two years back at our old threads, months of near the knuckle stuff, but with some common sense, and a more refined sense of humour (in most cases, with the obvious exception of blobbyh) but never blunt and offensive.

Paul
  • Diannew

Yes Sir.....100% behind you, but I think he only visits the site in his lunch hour and may not realise at the time the issue he had caused.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Well, I'll stick my head above the parapit and talk some sense....Mark doesn't need to apologise to me or anyone else. It was a joke, that didn't insult anyone specifically and was said amongst grown ups. There are more than enough actually offensive things in this world without us having to take offence at words. It is us that gives words offence, it is us that chose to be offended by them. It is us that decides 'where the line is drawn', should the poster who made up the 'FATAS' joke apologise as well, if I decide to take offence?

Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive and 'PC' and live and let live, imho.
  • A-Vic
    now the lot of yas shud up and get yas F.A.T.A.R.S.E.S.S on fat and play nice hehehe
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well, I'll stick my head above the parapit and talk some sense....Mark doesn't need to apologise to me or anyone else. It was a joke, that didn't insult anyone specifically and was said amongst grown ups. There are more than enough actually offensive things in this world without us having to take offence at words. It is us that gives words offence, it is us that chose to be offended by them. It is us that decides 'where the line is drawn', should the poster who made up the 'FATAS' joke apologise as well, if I decide to take offence?

Everyone needs to stop being so sensitive and 'PC' and live and let live, imho.

Sure that was sense you were talking there Matt as I thought it was more akin to something often found in the nether regions of a male? I also seem to remember you caused offence to Dianne a couple of weeks ago so quite rightly, you'd be one of the last people I'd expect to moralise about taste and sensibility limits. If words were just words then the world would be a much easier place but sadly we all know it's really not that simple and words can cause great offence. This is not new age political correctness but basic human courtesy.

This is the AAT forum, not Facebook where there are few moral boundaries and you can write whatever you feel at the time no matter how outrageous. While I don't advocate censorship, I do recognise a need for it and believe there are different contexts for different websites. While there are frequent double entendres on these forums, most people know where to draw the line and Mark clearly lacked self control when posting what he did.

I also take Mark's comment as primarily aimed at myself as we've clashed on several occasions since he joined and while I don't find that word particularly offensive - indeed, in the right context it can even be funny sometimes - this wasn't one of those times and by putting it on this site, the line was crossed.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I've been trying to stay out of this, but I have to say although I was not personally offended, it is a disgusting word and I am disgusted that a 'professional' had the gall to use it on a professional forum, especially in the company of women.
  • LondonMatt
    Sure that was sense you were talking there Matt as I thought it was more akin to something often found in the nether regions of a male? I also seem to remember you caused offence to Dianne a couple of weeks ago so quite rightly, you'd be one of the last people I'd expect to moralise about taste and sensibility limits. If words were just words then the world would be a much easier place but sadly we all know it's really not that simple and words can cause great offence. This is not new age political correctness but basic human courtesy.

Hahahaha, does that 'basic human courtesy' stretch to refraining from calling someone's post 'something often found in the nether regions of a male':ohmy: The hypocrisy in your post is very funny, but not quite as funny as you thinking that I am the one moralising :laugh:

The 'offence' I caused to Dianne was down to the nature of these boards, she mis-read my posts as being serious when they were quite clearly in jest.
    This is the AAT forum, not Facebook where there are few moral boundaries and you can write whatever you feel at the time no matter how outrageous. While I don't advocate censorship, I do recognise a need for it and believe there are different contexts for different websites. While there are frequent double entendres on these forums, most people know where to draw the line and Mark clearly lacked self control when posting what he did.
    Oh please, you quite clearly do support censorship and who are you to preach to us about 'moral boundaries'? Your 'morals' are not mine. We are all adult enough not to go around making a fuss because someone "said a naughty word":ohmy:

Anyway, where is this mythical 'line' of yours that you have deemed uncrossable? And where is the word FATASS in relation to this line? Or refering the neither regions of men? Over the line perhaps? :001_rolleyes:
    I also take Mark's comment as primarily aimed at myself as we've clashed on several occasions since he joined and while I don't find that word particularly offensive - indeed, in the right context it can even be funny sometimes - this wasn't one of those times and by putting it on this site, the line was crossed.
    What! Now you are NOT offended by the word, but merely by the poster who used it? So I was completely right in my assessment: the word itself is not offensive, you have decided to be offended by the word :001_rolleyes:
  • blobbyh
    Ho hum... right on time. Sometimes it's better to humbly concede a lost point Matt then make yourself look even stupider by vainly trying to defend it...
  • LondonMatt
    Ho hum... right on time. Sometimes it's better to humbly concede a lost point Matt then make yourself look even stupider by vainly trying to defend it...
    hahaha, now you call me stupid?? :lol:

Where does that appear on your mythical line of morallity? Is calling someone stupid okay by you then?

Oh the irony of it :lol::lol:
  • AdamR
    Oh good, I was missing the name calling that we had a couple of weeks ago, I'm pleased to see we've managed to descend to that level again.:001_smile:

Can't we all be friends? I appreciate people have their differing opinions but the way they are voiced on forums is inappropriate! We are all adults, let's try to behave like them. Please, spread the love!:001_wub:
  • blobbyh
    Did you see me call you stupid? Where was it? You're not 'Son of Toadface' are you? And I have a "mythical line of morality"? Don't we all? Clearly, you know very little about me. I listen to thrash metal and swear like a trooper though I did give up the fags at Xmas FFS (note the subtle abbreviation rather than unsubtly spelling it out in full). I just don't do it on the AAT forums, mate.

Okay, here's a challenge right up your London street. If you don't have this 'mythical line of morality' that I have and you don't advocate self-censorship like I do, then you'll have no problem whatsoever in writing out that naughty word in full in your next post, will you?

I'll stay logged on until you do...
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    never knew there was so many prunes in this world...considering everyone was joining making words from acronims(sorry cant spell it)

well done now.......sorry if it offended people my acronim !!
  • LondonMatt
    Did you see me call you stupid? Where was it?

Here you go:
    Sometimes it's better to humbly concede a lost point Matt then make yourself look even stupider by vainly trying to defend it
    "even stupider" says that I am already stupid :001_rolleyes:
    You're not 'Son of Toadface' are you? And I have a "mythical line of morality"? Don't we all? Clearly, you know very little about me. I listen to thrash metal and swear like a trooper though I did give up the fags at Xmas FFS (note the subtle abbreviation rather than unsubtly spelling it out in full). I just don't do it on the AAT forums, mate.
    Lol, of cause I have my morals. My point, mate, was that you are 'enforcing' your own morality onto others, you are the one saying when we should all take offence at certain language (ie when said on these boards, by posters you don't like, but not when its funny) but then use your own insults on those same boards, its hypocritical......understand?
    Okay, here's a challenge right up your London street. If you don't have this 'mythical line of morality' that I have and you don't advocate self-censorship like I do, then you'll have no problem whatsoever in writing out that naughty word in full in your next post, will you?

I'll stay logged on until you do...
    Just how stupid do you think I am? I don't advocate self censorship in a room full of adults, but you know if I write it out, you (or someone else) will just complain to the mods and I'll get the boot...errr....no thanks.

I don't advocate self censorship, but the mods do...
  • blobbyh
    never knew there was so many prunes in this world...

Just for the permanent record, I'd like to to state that I'm neither a prune nor a prude...
  • mark130273
    ok sorry about that blobbyh...................

wish my fingers worked as slowly as my brain !!!!
    lol
  • LondonMatt
    .......sorry if it offended people my acronim !!
    Nooooooo!!!!!!! Don't apologise! I've just spent ages standing up against the PC prunes of this world. :crying:

I was winning as well :cool2:

Oh well, it killed time at least.....

:lol:
  • blobbyh
    AdamR wrote: ยป
    Please, spread the love!:001_wub:

Screw the love, that's for the pacifists who criticise the 'warmongers' in peace time but call on them to defend their liberty when the going gets tough... as Eowyn stated in 'Lord of the Rings'...

"Those without swords can still die upon them"

... and I'm in a particularly vehemous mood tonight so I'd best log off soon, especially with the forum police on high alert after last week.
    I was winning as well :cool2:

Think that could be up for debate but if you say so...
  • mark130273
    well see it kept the people who are BORED at work .........typing away during the "breaks"
  • AdamR
    Screw the love, that's for the pacifists who criticise the 'warmongers' in peace time but call on them to defend their liberty when the going gets tough... as Eowyn stated in 'Lord of the Rings'...

"Those without swords can still die upon them"
    Very good quote, I must dig that film out and watch it again at some point. Ok I agree: screw the love but if we're going to call each other names, let's do it behind each others' backs!:lol:
Privacy Policy