New member here

Barratt04
Barratt04 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys,

My name is Tom, yesterday I was accepted for a day release placement at a local college to train for the AAT Accounting Qualification. Now I am looking for a work placement to work 4 days a week, Monday to Thursday. As I have little experience in Accounting, (The closest thing I have done is a safe reconciliation!). Where would I fit in a Accounting firm and what would I be doing? Who should I approach? Who are likely to accept me? The college course starts in September so I do have time, but I would like to find a work placement ASAP. I have searched through the forums, are there any apprentices here?

I live near Bristol so if anyone is looking an apprentice :)

Many thanks,

Tom

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    In practice you should be looking for AAT Trainee positions or Junior. You'll probably start off doing 'sections' of an accounts file, so someone will oversee you doing the bank, fixed assets, etc. before you move on to completing full files. I'd also expect some admin work I'm afraid!

Have you registered with any agencies? And have you sent your CV to local firms?

Good luck :thumbup1:
  • Barratt04
    As I have just got the acceptance from the college, I have been looking through directories etc rounding up local accountancy firms. I will be sending my CV out to them with a cover letter/supporting statement. And I haven't registered with any agencies yet, I was browsing the forums and seen some negative feedback with agencies. Could you recommend me the good ones?

Many thanks,

Tom
  • Cariann65
    Cariann65 Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Robert Half
    Whitefriars, Lewins Mead
    Bristol BS1 2NT
    Telephone: 0117 993 5400
    Fax: 0117 925 3212

I've just finish intermediate in Bristol and this seems the be the most common one from my group.
  • Barratt04
    Thanks!

Do you mean you have finished the NVQ level 3? And was this an apprenticeship at Bristol college?
  • Cariann65
    Cariann65 Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Just finished NVQ3 fastrack, will be starting level 4 in September.
Privacy Policy