Unit 15 CMCC

A-Vic
A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hope you lot can help

Been trying for weeks but cant work out how do you work out what the trend would be dont know why i just cant get how to work out trends?

Say for instance you get a quaters sales how do you work out the trend??:confused1:

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi A-Vic

If you only have a quarters trend then you would probably want the trend in weeks. The simplest way to view this trend would be to plot it on a graph.

However, if you mean to you 4 quarters sales figures (ie only four seperate numbers), I doubt you would be able to see much of a trend until you could get the figures for the last two or three years. Then you would be a able to see a seasonal trend at least.

I am not really sure if this helps. There are all sorts of other things involved when you want to extrapolate a trend but as I do not use this in my work, as soon as I finished my unit 15 I promptly forgot how to do it. :huh:

Speegs :thumbup1:
  • A-Vic
    speegs wrote: ยป
    Hi A-Vic

If you only have a quarters trend then you would probably want the trend in weeks. The simplest way to view this trend would be to plot it on a graph.

However, if you mean to you 4 quarters sales figures (ie only four seperate numbers), I doubt you would be able to see much of a trend until you could get the figures for the last two or three years. Then you would be a able to see a seasonal trend at least.

I am not really sure if this helps. There are all sorts of other things involved when you want to extrapolate a trend but as I do not use this in my work, as soon as I finished my unit 15 I promptly forgot how to do it. :huh:

Speegs :thumbup1:

Nope doesnt help but ty
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    A = T + S

You need at least two of the numbers to be able to work out the missing number.eg. (A) actual sales and/or Trend (T) and/or (S) Seasonal, there are other factors such as Random but unit 15 only expects you to deal with A T and S.

What information have you been give other than just the sales which are probably the actual sales (A)?
  • A-Vic
    A = T + S

You need at least two of the numbers to be able to work out the missing number.eg. (A) actual sales and/or Trend (T) and/or (S) Seasonal, there are other factors such as Random but unit 15 only expects you to deal with A T and S.

What information have you been give other than just the sales which are probably the actual sales (A)?

Hi red thanks but i sat the simulation yesterday and i put a simular answer so fingers crossed it was right :001_smile:
  • reddwarf
    reddwarf Registered Posts: 528 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    In that case good luck!
  • A-Vic
    In that case good luck!

cheers :thumbup1:
Privacy Policy