How much ransom money could you raise?

Cullen
Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
I have an interesting problem at work and I would appreciate some expert advise. That could be expensive, so I have decided to ask here instead.

(falls about laughing at own joke, wipes tears from eyes and carries on....)

Our warehouse manager, lets call him Colin (for that is his name) has a hippy girlfriend who likes weirdo travelling holidays that involves going native and no hotels. He has returned from almost every holiday with various limbs in plaster, taking medication for numerous bacterial infections and tropical diseases and consequently his holiday insurance has gone through the roof. His holiday memories usually figure around some field hospitals accident and emergency department, or desperately searching for a toilet...(yuk)

Well this time they have gone off to Borneo. The home of the Headhunters! Well we think a fortnight in Marbella is exotic enough, thank you very much, and Our Colin has developed a death wish since getting involved with the hippy girlfriend. We have warned him, he is increasing his chances of falling into the hands of international kidnappers and in an effort to put him off this far flung holiday death wish he has going, we queried how much we would actually be able to raise for the ransom. We managed to receive pledges worth Β£28. We took it to the board of directors and they pledged a further fiver so now we can raise Β£33.

Well my question is, how much are you worth to your colleagues? What value is your ransom? Can anyone beat Β£33?

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I think Β£33 is quite respectable, how many people in the company? I'd be happy if my colleagues could raise Β£33 for me - 100 people work in my office, so that'd be 33p each. Not bad considering I'm a bit of a pratt...
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I'll happily donate Β£33 if the kidnappers don't return the goddamn tree huggers...
  • jilt
    jilt Registered Posts: 2,903 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    But you've got to admit Borneo is a wonderful place :001_wub:
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    It is hard enough trying to get birthday money out of the people i work with, let alone ransom money

i dont think they would give up any money for me as i all i do for them is raise bills for what they eat and drink.

Tracy
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Would it not be a more friendly gesture to pay the international kidnappers to kidnap his girl friend(and obviously not harm her in any way) and then you would not have to worry about him going on these type of holiday's again.
  • Cullen
    Good point Dianne.

Does anyone have the contact details for Borneoese kidnappers?
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Cullen wrote: Β»
    Good point Dianne.

Does anyone have the contact details for Borneoese kidnappers?
    bkidnap@hotmail.com
  • Cullen
    sniggers......
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    blobbyh wrote: Β»
    I'll happily donate Β£33 if the kidnappers don't return the goddamn tree huggers...

i will second that one blobbyh !!!
Privacy Policy