Pcr & pev

Options
gillwilson
gillwilson Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
Does anyone have any tips on these units - I am really struggling with them. I have these and BTC to sit in June and I am done. These costing units just do not make sense to me. I work in practice and do not do any costing at all.

:confused1:

Comments

• dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Gill, I'm doing the same units at the moment, sitting both exams in June. I've FINALLY got standard costings (I think) it was trial and error and practice, practice, practice! I also have stupid ways of remembering them, CAP AH BU (Capacity = Actual Hours - Budgeted Units) I imagine a baseball cap with AH BU on it...
    Efficiency, I remember because Eff has an F in it (bear with me here) F is the first letter of Finger and if I got gold (symbol AU on the metric chart) on my finger I would shout AH.
    Therefore Eff = AU (gold on finger) - AH (screaming!!)
    That one sounds like something off of 3-2-1 with dusty bin!!!
    LOL, sorry, I'm not weird, but it works!!
    And I just remember Vol AP BP (Volume = Actual production - Budgets production) by saying VOL AP BeeP in my head over and over again.
    Hey, it works for me!!!
  • gillwilson
    gillwilson Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for that - it really made me laugh.

I think that will help to remember.

:thumbup1:
  • dobbieobby
    dobbieobby Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thanks!! My mate think I'm weird about the effeciency one, but if I pass my exam I dont care what anyone thinks!!! Good luck Gill :001_smile:
  • char19
    char19 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Confused with last part of PEV exam

Hi, I dont know if anyone else feels the same but i get really stuck with the last part of PEV. When they ask you to look at the results and give you changes to the budget and to work out the revised answers, i hate that part on failed on it last june. I really want to pass this june..anyone who could help me would be a star!!!

Thank you,

Charlotte Charlton.
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I haven't even attempted past papers yet. i am still wading through the texts and trying the questions in the book.

somedays i think i understand it, then it all changes.

Tracy
Privacy Policy