Sage - products

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Am I right in thinking that to record the purchase of 20 widgets (for resale) at £10 each in sage I need to enter the invoice for £200 in the supplier's section and code it to nominal code 5000; and then go to Products, click 'In' and then enter the widget's stock code and value to record the stock?
If so, is there any check that can be done to ensure that the total value of stock equals the amount of the invoice, or any way to link the two together? There doesn't even seem to be a record of the supplier when the stock is recorded. Am I missing something?!

Also, while I'm in full sage confusion... is there any way to record foreign currency transactions or do they all need to be converted to sterling first?

:crying:

Comments

• JodieR
    I should probably mention I'm using sage instant accounts plus.
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    If I remember rightly, and it has been a few years, Sage instant account plus does not have a purchase order processing feature which means to link stock is incredibly difficult. I think you may need to upgrade to Line 50 to get the full benefits of this. However I guess you can do it that way, you just need to make sure that the invoice allows you to select that product code to take it out of stock on sale.

In terms of the valuation, will Sage not allow you to print a stock report? That way you'd account for stock as usual, albeit a little manually (i.e. needing journals as oppose the system performing the entries automatically).

In terms of foreign currency again I think this is a feature of Line 50 and not instant accounts plus.
  • JodieR
    Thanks for confirming that I'm not missing the obvious! Daft system, I don't like it!
Privacy Policy