I went for a run this morning

LondonMatt
LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Do ya think it's too late to run the marathon on Sunday?

I haven't run - except to catch the train - in about 2 years but after running about a mile today, I think I could tackle the marathon…..How hard could it be…..?

Comments

• SeanyBoy
    SeanyBoy Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    I reckon that with that "other" exercise you have been doing with Cullen u should be in good shape!! :laugh:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    I haven't run - except to catch the train - in about 2 years but after running about a mile today, I think I could tackle the marathon…..How hard could it be…..?
    It's only another 25 miles as long as you take it steady it should be a doddle.
  • LondonMatt
    That’s exactly what I'm thinking CJC. The hardest part about the marathon is the running and this morning I proved that I can do that, that I'm good at the running part….Now all I need is some kind of costume.....
  • SeanyBoy
    A leotard?
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    and it has to be bright pink so we can spot you - have you thought about a neon arrow flashing above your head??

tracy
  • LondonMatt
    Not sure about an arrow…..but an halo would be fitting…..who wouldn't trust a man with an halo???
  • CJC
    Not sure about an arrow…..but an halo would be fitting…..who wouldn't trust a man with an halo???
    But wouldn't it trip you up seeing as it's around your feet?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well in light of this thread i went for a run also (straight to sayers and got a big fat cream cake yum yum) :lol::lol:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor 🐘
    Matt, with your extensive knowledge of London, surely you could include a few shortcuts on your marathon run? They only film the start and end and just follow the famous runners through the entire journey. I am sure with a bit of forward planning you could shave ten or fifteen miles off!!

Or!!! Wait just a mo, I have a brilliant idea, rope your evil twin London Natt in the plan, put a wedge on at the bookies and it's a win win situation for all!

Make sure you dress identically not in your usual coordinating shades of velour jogging bottoms. We need to make sure you both are identical, the way we made you.....
  • LondonMatt
    CJC wrote: »
    But wouldn't it trip you up seeing as it's around your feet?

you might be thinking of a hula hoop there CJC......an halo hovers over your head
  • LondonMatt
    Cullen wrote: »
    Matt, with your extensive knowledge of London, surely you could include a few shortcuts on your marathon run? They only film the start and end and just follow the famous runners through the entire journey. I am sure with a bit of forward planning you could shave ten or fifteen miles off!!

Or!!! Wait just a mo, I have a brilliant idea, rope your evil twin London Natt in the plan, put a wedge on at the bookies and it's a win win situation for all!

Make sure you dress identically not in your usual coordinating shades of velour jogging bottoms. We need to make sure you both are identical, the way we made you.....

Cullen, I only have extensive knowledge of South London.....North London is like a foreign country to me....I get homesick crossing the river to go t'up North

LondonNatt? Doing the marathon with me? Hmmmmm......thats a good idea that, but I don't think he'll do it.....he runs away as fast as he can now whenever he sees me with a rope......i think that's because of the alleged kidnapping attempt I made.....yes, I got the rope, bought a camara, rented an underground cave, wrote down in arabic a diatribe against the invading infidels and bought a machete.......but that doesn't mean I was planning to have him offed and then blame his death on them extremist folks! My lawyer proved it court, so he's just a baby....
  • Cullen
    I love that word, diatribe. I love the way it rumbles round and down my tongue and trickles around my teeth. Diatribe...mmmm....denunciatory harangue just doesn't give the same sort of kick.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an occasional display of extremism. Courts, eh! They try you and then they throw you, (hopefully out, not into jail)

See can you lull him into a false sense of security and then offer to treat him to a new outfit. I'm sure he''l fall for it. You could buy him shorts and running shoes.

I didn't realise you were a stranger in North London. Ever considered buying hi tec sun glasses with sat nav loaded in the frames and a sweet girlie voice in your ear whispering "You have reached your destination..." My voice is called MeJulie. Number Two son's sat nav has a male septic tank voice called Jimmy. I worry about that boy.
  • LondonMatt
    MeJulie :laugh:

I'd like to have Mr T in my ear….his voice I mean….be quite funny that….. Murray Walker would be nice as well…..not too sure about the girly voice though. Girls are notoriously bad at navigating, she'd just get me lost all the time…. or get distracted when I drive past a shoe shop….can't be having her force me to pull over so she can shop "I'll be five minutes, I swear" :001_rolleyes:

….that is how sat-navs work, right?
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    MeJulie :laugh:

I'd like to have Mr T in my ear….his voice I mean….be quite funny that….. Murray Walker would be nice as well…..not too sure about the girly voice though. Girls are notoriously bad at navigating, she'd just get me lost all the time…. or get distracted when I drive past a shoe shop….can't be having her force me to pull over so she can shop "I'll be five minutes, I swear" :001_rolleyes:

….that is how sat-navs work, right?

OOOH talking about Sat Nav's

How did the little fish find its way across the big, wide ocean?
    He used his sprat-nav! AAAhhhh
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    boom boom
  • Diannew
    taskey wrote: »
    boom boom

Why thank you Tasky....I was beginning to think my sence of fun was being wasted:lol::lol:
  • SeanyBoy
    Diannew wrote: »
    Why thank you Tasky....I was beginning to think my sence of fun was being wasted:lol::lol:

Its on the wrong thread!! :laugh:
  • Diannew
    SeanyBoy wrote: »
    Its on the wrong thread!! :laugh:

Uh why? it is about sat nav's which is on this thread!!! think you had best stop drooling over Culen......and have a nice cuppa to calm your nerves...I do worry about you at times:lol::lol:
  • Cullen
    I was watching Live at the Apolla and a bloke was talking about his sat nav having Mr T's voice. He said is mainly very good, but it wouldn't take him to the airport.......

(Sprat Nav, Dianne? Sheeesh)
  • SeanyBoy
    Diannew wrote: »
    Uh why? it is about sat nav's which is on this thread!!! think you had best stop drooling over Culen......and have a nice cuppa to calm your nerves...I do worry about you at times:lol::lol:

Ur sense of fun is on the wrong thread Dianne... :crying:
  • Diannew
    I was watching Live at the Apolla and a bloke was talking about his sat nav having Mr T's voice. He said is mainly very good, but it wouldn't take him to the airport.......

(Sprat Nav, Dianne? Sheeesh)

That one was just for you!!!! Thought you liked fishy's:001_tt2:
  • Diannew
    Ur sense of fun is on the wrong thread Dianne... :crying:

Ok..........I was spreading it around!!!! my sence of fun that is.......:001_tt2::001_tt2:
  • LondonMatt
    :ohmy: HE STOLE MY JOKE!!! :mad2:

What? :001_unsure: What???
  • CJC
    Girls are notoriously bad at navigating, she'd just get me lost all the time
    Just to add a drop to the ocean of rampant sexism... if it were anything like my ex navigating it'd be "Turn left, umm, I meant the other left" :001_tt2:
  • CJC
    I was watching Live at the Apolla and a bloke was talking about his sat nav having Mr T's voice. He said is mainly very good, but it wouldn't take him to the airport....
    That's the sort of joke that makes you feel sad that you know enough about rubbish 80s TV to get it, sigh
  • SeanyBoy
    CJC wrote: »
    That's the sort of joke that makes you feel sad that you know enough about rubbish 80s TV to get it, sigh

I did wonder about it lol! Still havnt figured it out!! :laugh:
  • LondonMatt
    I did wonder about it lol! Still havnt figured it out!! :laugh:

Mr T is short hand for Thomas the Tank Engine and as we all know, trains can't fly! :laugh: That’s why its a funny joke
  • Diannew
    Mr T is short hand for Thomas the Tank Engine and as we all know, trains can't fly! :laugh: That’s why its a funny joke

Now Now......tell him the truth...that is not is why it is a funny joke...or do you really know?????
  • SeanyBoy

I do know about Mr T from the A-Team.. so im not that slow... not sure about the airport thing though...
  • Diannew
    I do know about Mr T from the A-Team.. so im not that slow... not sure about the airport thing though...

Seanyyyyyy!!! if you know about Mr T...you would get it...shhh come closer I will whisper it in your ear............oh no!!!! forgot about Cullen the Bush Dectective.......just let me throw a T Towel over the rubber plant:001_unsure:
Privacy Policy