Help me sell Technician Level

Pinkjo
Pinkjo Registered Posts: 88 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I'm currently finishing off Intermediate level - one exam to go woohoo!! Anyway I have an appraisal with my boss tomorrow, and I really want her to pay for Technician level in September - trouble is I don't really know how to "sell" it to her. She's paid for Intermediate, and I am the only person who does the accounts. I'd be grateful for any help!

Comments

• alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Well the first thing that springs to my mind is that if you have done intermediate whats the point of that if you dont finish the whole thing and get the full qualification?! it just makes sense to do technician. Seems a bit pointless otherwise.
    The knowledge you get from Technician is far more advanced than intermediate so its surely going to benefit him also.
    Good luck!

Im jealous you get it paid for you, i don't :(
  • Pinkjo
    Thanks!

I was thinking of going down the route of more sophisticated management reports and a much better understanding of cash flows and credit control, as well as maybe being able to see more tax efficient savings :001_unsure:
  • Pinkjo
    Thought I'd let you know - my boss has said yes!!! Technician here I come....
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    fantastic - well done

Tracy
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'll take all the credit :lol:
    Well Done, Good luck with the course
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Although you've now secured the funding for Technician, you and your employer will appreciate the extra knowledge taught at that level. And don't underestimate the Cash Management module! Most hate this and don't pay attention, thinking they already know how to draw up cash flow forecasts and pursue non-paying debtors. If you're in a team of one, who would do this if cash in the business starts to dry up despite a firm order book?

As many business owners realise too late, it's all very well looking at the financial statements but profit on paper isn't cash in the bank and if you let the liquidity dry up, there won't be much of a business left to produce statements for!
Privacy Policy