What mobile do you have ?

Options
steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
Just wondering what mobiles everyone uses?

Ive got the blackberry curve just to keep a bit organised. Looking at the BOLD at the moment and just wondering if anyone else as got it ?

I need it to be a bit more organised regarding revision, appointments, checking forums, researching for jobs....possibly the odd phone call aswell. lol.

Ive heard tht you can raise spreadsheets on it aswell.??

Dunno if i could use it for revising on long journeys ?

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    OOOO posh
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Sony Erickson whatyacallit…..affectionally known as a brick :001_unsure:

I got it 'free' when I bought my sister a new contract phone, but they scammed me and it turned out not to be free :mad2:

Anyway, I should replace it but it has a light on the back that I like…..I can set it to flash morse code for SOS :laugh:
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I have a 4 year old Sony Erickson whatyacallit…..affectionally known as a brick :001_unsure:

I got it 'free' when I bought my sister a new contract phone, but they scammed me and it turned out not to be free :mad2:

Anyway, I should replace it but it has a light on the back that I like…..I can set it to flash morse code for SOS :laugh:

hahahahaha i have the same one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but ive become strangely attached to it and won't get a new one!!

:thumbup1:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    It does sound handy having a light on it.

I've got a blackberry curve which would probably be a great organiser thing but I can't work it properly:laugh:
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Rachey wrote: Β»
    hahahahaha i have the same one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but ive become strangely attached to it and won't get a new one!!

:thumbup1:

Glad to see someone else who doesn't need wi-fi internet access, MP3 player, a touch screen, video player, excel sheets, games or a decent camera on their PHONES……just let me make calls, send texts and give me a SOS flashing light and I'm happy :thumbup:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've got a two year old Samsung D-600 which is perfectly adequate for my needs.

As for keeping organised, I've a device that's cheap, lightweight, completely portable, easily fits in a pocket, provides instant read/write access and never runs out of power - a diary.
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    give me a SOS flashing light and I'm happy :thumbup:

I must say that i use the light more than the internet on the phone. It comes in handy when i forget to put electric on the meter and have a blackout! Which happens quite often... haha :lol:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Glad to see someone else who doesn't need wi-fi internet access, MP3 player, a touch screen, video player, excel sheets, games or a decent camera on their PHONES……just let me make calls, send texts and give me a SOS flashing light and I'm happy :thumbup:

Lmao i have a phone and amazingly it makes and receives calls and ready for this sends texts.

I have a work book laptop and pc for all the other stuff i need o and MP3 that also stores and plays movies
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Digital camera, Diary, Laptop, pen and paper plus a torch (for you morse code enthusiasts)

I just dont want to carry a handbag around with me ... lol
  • A-Vic
    Options
    steveJ wrote: Β»
    Digital camera, Diary, Laptop, pen and paper plus a torch (for you morse code enthusiasts)

I just dont want to carry a handbag around with me ... lol

Awww steve you need a MAN Bag
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm a mobile freak and upgraded two months ago to an all singing, all dancing Samsung Pixon. It has an MP3 player (though I use a separate one), 8mp camera that does actually take decent pictures, large 3.2" touchscreen plus it plays Divx and Xvid media files. The internet is also pretty good and nippy (for a mobile) once you figure it out and the touchscreen handwriting comes with practice.

I agree that Blackberries look the part but for me, it's like iPods versus MP3 players. Apples might have all the street cred but under the hood, they tell the biggest porkies and you can find better performance for less elsewhere.

There's a Samsung Omnia HD coming soon which could destroy the iPhone - and even the Pixon - if you can wait a few more months...
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Hey Robert good to see you back :001_smile:
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    A-Vic wrote: Β»
    Hey Robert good to see you back :001_smile:

psst -dont encourage him, he might leave quietly :tongue_smilie:
  • A-Vic
    Options
    Paul24 wrote: Β»
    psst -dont encourage him, he might leave quietly :tongue_smilie:

Leave we bite you know lol
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Blackberries? Apples? Sounds like a pie filling to me.
  • A-Vic
    Options
    CJC wrote: Β»
    Blackberries? Apples? Sounds like a pie filling to me.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    worst move i ever made . i got rid of my 7600 for a 7610 supernova......its a pile of pants !
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hands free baby!

handsfreekit_1.jpg
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've just got an iPhone and can't recommend it enough. On paper my last windows phone was better, but everything about this is so much slicker.
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I have a Nokia 6220 classic. I've always preferred Nokias, and this one's no different. It's one of the Symbian smartphones, and has GPS (Nokia Maps 3 is easily as good as TomTom), MP3 player (which I use - it's got an 8Gb card), a 5MP camera with a proper flash, Bluetooth (which connects my phone to Outlook, and from there to Facebook - I can use Facebook to update the thumbnail pics of my contacts). And it's lighter and smaller than my previous Nokia N73.
  • katie2008
    katie2008 Registered Posts: 294 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    i used to have a sony erricsson brick and have traded it in last week for a

sony erricsson c902 which isnt much better!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I always used to stick to Motorola then got one of those razor thingys which decided to develop a fault where it would just randomly switch off and you had to dismantle it and take sim and battery out and put back together. Turns out it was a design fault in that batch so gave it to my dad who hardly ever needs a mobile phone and got a Nokia something or other (pink and swivels open)
Privacy Policy