Problems logging in at the weekend

steveJ
steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I tried logging into the forums a few times over the weekend just to let you know....

Weekends ? I must be addicted ...lol

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I tried yesterday and it was down.
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I was the same couldn't get on Saturday or Sunday, which I suppose is rather tragic:laugh:
  • Rachey
    Rachey Registered Posts: 589 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I've not been able to get on all weekend either!
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Typical, It's just like Network rail and the motorways. Just when you need it most (bank holidays) they decide to do essential maintenance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm surprised you're all taking this in good spirits. With a month to go to the June exams and many students possibly wanting to take advantage of the long weekend to allocate some revision time, it's completely outrageous a valuable study resource such as this was denied to them.

Over the last few years many of us have justifiably come to expect little of the AAT website team, however for the site to be down for the whole of the extended weekend, they've managed to sink their already shaky reputation to even lower depths of ineptness. For this to go unfixed at such a crucial time was unprofessional, amateurish and completely undeserving of all the membership subscriptions that help towards running such a badly run resource.

Never one to shy away from controversy, I could get in trouble for writing such strong criticism but feel the site team's time would be better spent issuing a formal apology to all it's members rather than concentrating on myself. And going from past experience, they're hardly likely to respond within the next fortnight anyway to acknowledge their own clear deficiencies. No doubt, if they ever do respond it'll be to blame some technical glitch or other but the truth is we've all seen this before and any breakdown should have been fixed within a few hours. If it was planned maintenance, then they amply demonstrated their contempt for users of the site by not even caring to announce it.
  • AdamR
    AdamR Registered Posts: 668 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Lighten up Robert, someone probably just turned the wrong switch off by mistake!:laugh:

Although I take your point, the timing of it wasn't the best
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Would not have been so bad if they had put an announcement on the homepage, my browser just kept churning and then bringing up an error message, I could not decide if it was a fault on my computer or the site was down.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I could get in trouble for writing such strong criticism
    I'm sure I've said things as bad, if not worse, in the past about the jokers who run this place. Anyway, I can see nothing in what you said that isn't fair comment.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well Chris, unlike some, we've never been fence sitters have we?

So there are two outcomes.

1) They were doing planned maintenance but didn't condescend to tell anyone and showed the usual lack of judgement we've come to expect when near exam time.

2) The site was down for the entire weekend and not one person from the team thought it appropriate to go into work to fix it. Well, it was a bank holiday after all so screw all the students who might have been trying to access the forums for study help. I didn't realise running a professional website was a strict Monday to Friday, nine to five job.

Either way it doesn't paint a good picture of an organisation who instil planning and control to their students and members but don't appear to practice what they preach. We thought the site was bad two years ago but this lot in charge now seem to be the most dim witted bunch yet seen.
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Would not have been so bad if they had put an announcement on the homepage, my browser just kept churning and then bringing up an error message, I could not decide if it was a fault on my computer or the site was down.

Same here - I checked the homepage to see if there was a message, because surely a professional outfit such as the AAT would keep all their subscribers informed.......

As Robert said exams are just a matter of weeks away and I'm sure I wasn't alone revising over the weekend. I find the forums a valuable help in many ways.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    One thing i noticed they have updated the statement of achivement this weekend so maybe thats the reason the sites been down but like robert said timing is really off
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    They have just given a quote in the Pass magazine website about this;

07/05/2009
    AAT apologises for forum crashTechnical difficulties to blame By PASS editorial

The AAT has confirmed to PASS that its discussion forums (not the whole website) crashed last Saturday morning following a server reboot on Friday evening.

The AAT said it was not a planned downtime, and due to technical difficulties in resolving the problem, it was not able to restore the service until Tuesday this week. (In total the forums were down from 10:30am on Saturday to 9:30am on Tuesday.)

The AAT added: 'We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused to users but the forums are now fully operational. Our main site and other associated services were also not affected by this fault and were operational and available throughout'.

Must have been one hell of a crash to last that long, or that there was no one in to fix it, wouldn't have minded if they had put a message on the home page to say that it wasn't working and they were resolving it.
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    So how come the apology is on the PASS website, but not on the this site? Are they apologising to PASS subscribers rather than AAT subscribers
Privacy Policy