Property to rent

Options
mc25
mc25 Registered Posts: 232 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Hi,

If dealing with client with a property to rent and is full time employed too, are there complications in completing their accounts, sorry haven't got much experience in this area and I was wondering if there is anything i need to watch out for.

Any advices will be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    No problem at all. Just a self-assessment tax return with employment pages and land and property pages.
  • mc25
    Options
    Wow that was a quick reply T.C. I dont suppose you have got a link with the land and property pages so that i can read through them

Thanks
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    mc25 wrote: ยป
    Wow that was a quick reply T.C. I dont suppose you have got a link with the land and property pages so that i can read through them

Thanks

If you're an agent in practice, you should get the full guidebook once a year. Have a chat to the HMRC orderline.

The forms are here
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa105.pdf
    I can only find the 2007-08 notes
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/worksheets/sa105notes.pdf
  • mc25
    Options
    thanks

Thanks for your reply, the other question is does the client have to register as self employed too?

Thanks
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Nope, they aren't self employed, they have Land & Property pages, it's different.

They still have to notify HMRC if they don't already receive a tax return that they have an additional form of taxable income.
  • mc25
    Options
    thanks

:thumbup: thanks
Privacy Policy