AAT Centres in Bristol?

Mikeyabosbht
Mikeyabosbht Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys,

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I have had a rather adverse experience with a training provider and when I wrap things up, (hopefully) on my level 3 course, I wish to progress to level 4.

Does anybody know of any AAT centre's in the Bristol area that would accept me as an external student, if I was to say purchase the book, study independently and pay to enter the exams? I have had a general search on here, to little avail.

Funnily enough, this is largely similar to the situation I find myself in now! Even after handing over just shy of £800.

Just feels like robbery, I guess.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I believe they accept external candidates at Filton College, this is where i took my exams but i took the course there too. But I'm sure when i took my exams there were external students there too. I may be wrong and its probably worth giving them a call to find out for sure if they do this.
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    im currently taking aat at city of bristol college....may be worth giving them a call??
  • EmmaW
    EmmaW Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,
    I have been studying via distance learning based in south somerset - Filton College takes external exam entires, as does the Taunton Richard Huish College. I also believe that there is a BPP centre in Bristol that is a 'satellite' site where you can go to do the exams too.
    For the modules with exams, I have just been paying for the literature/study text via ebay/amazon too and paying the exam fees direct - so yes this is possible too. You do have to buy the full package for the simulation items though from a learning provider.
    Emma
  • Mikeyabosbht
    Mikeyabosbht Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    Thanks for all your replies.

I don't know, but I think BPP would charge you for the privillege of taking an AAT exam on their premises?

If what you say about Filton college is correct, and you have taken an exam as an external candidate, that is great.
Privacy Policy