AAT revision courses

hfadkins19
hfadkins19 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Has anyone attended the PEV or PCR revision courses that are run by the AAT? Did you find these useful and were they of any help? The is a PEV revision course coming up in Nottingham and i'm in two minds whether to book a place or not.
Thanks!

Comments

• lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm booked on the PEV course, did the ECR one in Birmingham last year and found it useful, although it was mainly an exercise in consolidating knowledge already gained and working through examples, as a certain supermarker says, Every Little Helps!!!
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    AAT Revision Courses

Over the weekend I attended the DFS and PEV revision courses run by AAT and they were great. We were given tips and hints on what the examiner looks for and what to concentrate on if we think we won't finish the exam in time.

We went over the keys points of learning for each unit (it is assumed you already have a grasp of these) and both tutors were helpful and willing to sit with students and take time to explain where they went wrong or didn't know quite what to do next.

They also clarified WHY we were doing things and what they meant, which makes it easier for me to remember the equations and steps for variances now because I understand what I'm meant to analysing and not just churning out rote learning.

I've also signed up for the PCR one next weekend so fingers crossed this time!
  • gingervicki
    gingervicki Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor โญ
    how do i find out about where the revision courses are?

thanks

vicki
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I got an email from student services about them, but I think that if you go to the members bit you can find them in the CPD courses
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I've been at BTC revision course last sunday and it was good, lots of tips and help from the tutor.
  • elvis99
    elvis99 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Hi Londina - what kind of tips did you get from the BTC revision course? I wanted to go to one for BTC, but there haven't been any near where I live.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I have not received any emails from Student services about revision courses and can't find anything about them on the CPD site.
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I have not received any emails from Student services about revision courses and can't find anything about them on the CPD site.

Me either. But I think its maybe cause we are in Scotland and nobody does it up here!
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I think that rather than no one being prepared to run revision days in Ayrshire, NE Scotland and Sheffiield, there just haven't been enough enquiries.

Both Steve Collings and I offered to run revision in Sheffield and had insufficient interest to go ahead.

I've offered to go to Scotland, but again, not had sufficient interest. The tutors are there, in fact a lecturer from Dundee has advertised on the revision courses forum.

I will be in London this coming Sat/Sun, Bicester Mon and London Sat 30th, but have still not finalised where I'm running revision on Sun 31st May or Sat/Sun 6 and 7 June, so email me if you are interested
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • jewels.p
    I think that rather than no one being prepared to run revision days in Ayrshire, NE Scotland and Sheffiield, there just haven't been enough enquiries.

Both Steve Collings and I offered to run revision in Sheffield and had insufficient interest to go ahead.

I've offered to go to Scotland, but again, not had sufficient interest. The tutors are there, in fact a lecturer from Dundee has advertised on the revision courses forum.

I will be in London this coming Sat/Sun, Bicester Mon and London Sat 30th, but have still not finalised where I'm running revision on Sun 31st May or Sat/Sun 6 and 7 June, so email me if you are interested

Thanks for that. I will have a look for the Dundee lecturer as that would suit me.
    Julie:001_smile:
  • jewels.p
    Where do I find that?:blushing:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

I had replied to one of your earlier posts about revision courses asking if there would be any in Scotland but got no reply.
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Where do I find that?:blushing:

I believe this is the link.

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19933

its currently the 5th thread down under students revision.
  • daniel18
    daniel18 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Is anyone going to the london PCR revision course in london on saturday?
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

This is the link where you can find the AAT revision course: http://www.aat.org.uk/members/events/

BTC was good, tips where various, example which section to start first, don't use abbreviations, show your workings, etc...
    Plus lots of question&answer together, very useful to find out straight away the reason of any misunderstanding
Privacy Policy