Help which home study do you reccomend?

jezmondo
jezmondo Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello i am hoping there are some of you already studying for aat diploma, i am about to embark on my new journey and was hoping some of you would let me know what home study center you think is best, i have been told of Kaplan, BPP and the home learning college?
if anyone has any info that would help me make a decission that would be great, i would rather go with a reccomendation than booking blind, many thanks
jezmondo:thumbup:

Comments

• steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hey. Well done for starting with AAT.

I am studying my foundation at the moment with Premier training and ive got to say i will be using them all the way through. Homework as been sent back really quick and any help i need is on hand up until around 7pm every night.

Check 'em out

www.premiertraining.co.uk

Good luck. Any help you need give us a shout.

:thumbup:
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    I am with Premier Training (this is my second year) and I would highly recommend them. If you have any queries they get back to you quickly and if your designated tutor is not available another one is always on hand to help. When you send assignments in to be marked they are returned quickly. I have heard of people who are with other trainers having to wait weeks on results!

When I first started I looked around and Premier was the cheapest and best option for me and I am glad I went with them.:thumbup1:

Julie:001_smile:
  • mikes
    mikes Registered Posts: 254 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I can help you avoid one potential nightmare. Be very careful in using the Home Learning College. There has been a number of horror stories on here, where students have had problems with them, ranging from mistakes in the text books, staff not being helpful, taking too long in returning assessments etc. I haven't used them myself, so i cannot comment from experiance, only by what others have said.

I am another with Premier Training and i have found them helpful as well. There others you could try, such as Eagle, BPP, Kaplan, London SAM etc. Just take your time looking at each one and see if they meet your needs.

All the best.
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I have recently changed from BPP to Eagle Education.

Eagle are fab, queries answered pretty much immediately, emails acknowledged as well as answered which is novel, could definitely teach BPP a thing or two about customer service.

Text books used at Osbourne, which are easy enough to understand. The study buddy guide that is provided is very good. Check out the e learning on this site, if you like the teaching you will get on with Eagle as they write it!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    mikes wrote: Β»
    I can help you avoid one potential nightmare. Be very careful in using the Home Learning College. There has been a number of horror stories on here, where students have had problems with them, ranging from mistakes in the text books, staff not being helpful, taking too long in returning assessments etc. I haven't used them myself, so i cannot comment from experiance, only by what others have said.

I am another with Premier Training and i have found them helpful as well. There others you could try, such as Eagle, BPP, Kaplan, London SAM etc. Just take your time looking at each one and see if they meet your needs.

All the best.

I got a quote from Home Learning College when I was first looking and they were a lot more expensive than Premier. I too have read a lot of bad reports about them but wasnt sure if I was allowed to say on here!:001_unsure:
    Julie:001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Mt tutor used BBP ive heard they are really good (was thinking if a college tutor recommends them it must be good)
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I used Premier for Intermediate stage and they were really good altho the tutors kept changing / leaving but were very quick with everything - I only chnged cos there wasn't a local centre I could sit my exam. So I changed to BPP

I have been with BPP for Technician - Apart form Emma who tutored me via Email for Unit 10 and was amazing, I have not heard a thing from them for months - No "well done for passing your exams" - No "Are you still alive?" I guess the next time I hear from them will be if my study period has expired and they think they may be able to get some moe cash out of me (or my company)

I have studied all the books myself and take my final exam in June - DFS - I passed them all first time (so far) - no thanks to BPP

I wouldn't reccomend them
  • Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    I wouldn't recommend BPP either. If you want any customer service at all, that is not the place to go.

I switched to Premier Training for Diploma level, and they were really good. All assignments sent back quickly (and there were quite a few as I was doing four subjects), and the help with Unit 10 from Kay at Premier Training was good too.

I would not hesitate in recommending them.

Tracy
  • Lynsey A
    Lynsey A Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I started my studies with a local college, sadly it was a complete disaster! I have now left there and have continued my studies with BPP. I would recommend them to anyone wanting study AAT.

I found the literature very comprehensive and very well laid out. They seem to work through the lessons in a logical order and each one leads into the next very well. A really good thing they provide at the end of each chapter is an overview with all key points and important words and phrases. I photocopied these as i went along and made any additional notes I wanted on there so that when I had finished I had a set of revision notes ready to go, worked for me! they also provide "passcards" in a small book with the key points in.

It actually worked out cheaper with them than the college, but to be honest even if they were more expensive the lower stress level far out weighs any additional cost!!
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Do you mind me asking why was your college a disaster? I go to a local college and have to say I really enjoy it. Apart from the company, moral support and a tutor to turn to for help I really couldn't get motivated for home study I don't think!

But am starting to think I was just lucky to get a good tutor and classmates.
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    My local college was excellent too, with one exception, all the tutors were great and I had good classmates. Still, I've heard enough horror stories on here over the years to know that some colleges are just rubbish.

I don't think home study would have suited me either, it was the competition/co-operation with other students and the inspirational tutors that got me through.
  • Lynsey A
    Lynsey A Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    I could be here all night!!! but the main reasons were incompetent tutors who did not know the subject matter, wasting half of each three hour lesson finding a classroom that was free and then enough tables, chairs and computers for all students. All this after a full day at work, very stressful. I went with the college because I thought I would not be able to cope with home study but the experience I had was the incentive to work at it as by then I knew the alternative option!! I planned the whole course, which chapters I was going to do on which date and stuck to my schedule so I finished in good time and was able to do the CBE with BPP, for which you get the result within minutes.

I have found BPP really good and their books are fantastic, however I am aware the more complicated the material becomes I will need more support. I am currently looking into another college, longer journey, but I am prepared to do this if the course is run properly.
Privacy Policy