Anybody else at work?

jewels.p
jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Just thought I'd start a thread for all the disadvantaged who have to work today!:thumbdown: How many of us are there?

It's cloudy up here in Scotland but I am led to believe its hot down south so am not so down about being at work as the sun isnt shining.

Julie:001_smile:

Comments

• taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i am here in sunny germany - not got much to do so might bribe my boss with lots of tea to hopefully knock off early.

i had thursday off as it was a holiday over here.

Tracy
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm on the coast in Essex and its bright out but not sunny! Unlucky you two. Hope you get time and a third or double bubble for it though !!!
  • jewels.p
    I dont get any extra for working today boo hoo!:crying:

Shouldn't complain cause we get an extra three days this year as we only got 25 days a year before but now we HAVE to get 28! Note I said have to as it wasnt the kindness of the company they were forced to!:laugh:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well, it's raining here and I'm working โ€“ but then, being self-employed Bank Holidays don't really mean much to me.
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I'm studying - does that count as working?????

It's not too bad here, bit overcast but quite warm.
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I am working too, there was meant to be a couple of the men out also but one of them went on a golf trip yesterday and has not turned up. Boss not happy!!

I am trawling through a pile of construction drawings and material specs trying to figure out quantities and details of material to send out for pricing. (I hate these architects that don't issue material take offs or even mark measurements on drawings, thank goodness for scale rules)

Only had one phone call today so might get some studying done later this afternoon to get away from these drawings.
  • CJC
    And there's people trying to flog Sky working today too, just had them at the door.
  • fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Kids are all out playing so i am sitting reading in the garden and recovering from cider festival! :thumbup1:
  • jewels.p
    Never heard of a Cider Festival up here in Scotland. That sounds good. Talking of Cider I am addicted to Kopparberg Pear Cider it is too tasty for words. Has to be ice cold though. Not too keen on Normal Apple Cider as I used to drink that with Vodka when I was a lot younger and although it was good at the time it gave you a mighty big hangover but still I went back for more!:laugh: These days a nice pint of Kopparberg does me nicely! :thumbup1:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Never heard of a Cider Festival up here in Scotland. That sounds good. Talking of Cider I am addicted to Kopparberg Pear Cider it is too tasty for words. Has to be ice cold though. Not too keen on Normal Apple Cider as I used to drink that with Vodka when I was a lot younger and although it was good at the time it gave you a mighty big hangover but still I went back for more!:laugh: These days a nice pint of Kopparberg does me nicely! :thumbup1:
    In your younger days did you give snakebite a try - half cider half lager. I could not touch it made me gag but there most of the lassies I ran with swore by it.
  • jewels.p
    In your younger days did you give snakebite a try - half cider half lager. I could not touch it made me gag but there most of the lassies I ran with swore by it.

Yeah a lot of folk I knew drank Snakebite and Black (currant). I remember on my 18th Birthday I was drinking Double Black Russians (cant even remember what is in it) but it was gross but I still drank it! Needless to say cant really remember much as the night wore on!

The things we put our Livers through when we were younger eh!:laugh:
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Yeah I remember that snakebite. Tried it a couple of times (I think, its all a haze)
    I've been drinking vodka and oranges all weekend (healthy drinking I call it). My brother drinks koppaberg, he loves that stuff. Think ill have to try it. I'm usually a kronenbourg and courvosier man (Not together!) Lol.
  • CJC
    Despite being a West Country boy I don't particularly care for cider. That may have something to do with one of the local pubs having a promotion on it when I was 16 or 17 and getting completely bladdered. Snakebite (with or without black) was pretty popular round here too. Used to drink some disgusting muck back then, experimenting to find out what was nice and what was horrible. I remember at one time some of us having the goal of drinking one of everything in the pub and pretty much succeeding, not in one night I hasten to add. I was mostly an ale man in those days, though, latterly graduating onto wine (as expensive as I could afford) and gin (G&Ts and martinis). These days I hardly drink at all.

My ex used to like black russians (insert your own joke here) - vodka, tia maria and coke as I recall. Not really my thing but not too bad as cocktails go.
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    i feel bad having to work today after a lovley days shopping yesterday i think bank holidays she be extended to the whole week off
  • Paul24
    Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Despite being a West Country boy I don't particularly care for cider. That may have something to do with one of the local pubs having a promotion on it when I was 16 or 17 and getting completely bladdered. Snakebite (with or without black) was pretty popular round here too. Used to drink some disgusting muck back then, experimenting to find out what was nice and what was horrible. I remember at one time some of us having the goal of drinking one of everything in the pub and pretty much succeeding, not in one night I hasten to add. I was mostly an ale man in those days, though, latterly graduating onto wine (as expensive as I could afford) and gin (G&Ts and martinis). These days I hardly drink at all.

My ex used to like black russians (insert your own joke here) - vodka, tia maria and coke as I recall. Not really my thing but not too bad as cocktails go.

Im partial to the odd white russian - home spirit measures only though
  • jewels.p
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    Im partial to the odd white russian - home spirit measures only though

What's in that then or was that comment to do with CJC's (insertion of joke) about his ex liking black russians? Sometimes on here I cant tell if people are taking the michael or being serious!:laugh:
  • Paul24
    What's in that then or was that comment to do with CJC's (insertion of joke) about his ex liking black russians? Sometimes on here I cant tell if people are taking the michael or being serious!:laugh:

Ha - No its Vodka, Kalhua (or Tia Maria) Milk and Cream with ice, sounds horrible but its great :001_smile:
  • A-Vic
    Ha - No its Vodka, Kalhua (or Tia Maria) Milk and Cream with ice, sounds horrible but its great :001_smile:

oooo sounds lovely and if it wernt for this pesky hangover i would partisipate tonight (also its a school night)
  • jewels.p

Your right it sounds gross!:001_tongue:

Think I'll invent one called Red Russian - Vodka, Tia Maria & Red Wine..............then again maybe not. As I am on the wrong side of 30 I will stick to my Pear Kopparberg!:laugh:
  • Paul24
    Urgh, had that a coupe of weeks ago and it just tasted like banana!
  • A-Vic
    Your right it sounds gross!:001_tongue:

Think I'll invent one called Red Russian - Vodka, Tia Maria & Red Wine..............then again maybe not. As I am on the wrong side of 30 I will stick to my Pear Kopparberg!:laugh:

ooo that tastes like pear drops mmm

Have you tried the blumers one?
  • jewels.p
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    ooo that tastes like pear drops mmm

Have you tried the blumers one?

No cause its pants!:lol:

Dont you mean Bulmers? Tried that it was on Special in Tescos but didnt like it. Kopparberg is King of the Pear Ciders as fas as I am concerned.:thumbup1:
  • Paul24
    I am gutted to say that my new drink of choice is Lager. I have always been an ale / guinness man, but I recently found that it was these that were giving me my stomach problems. So unfortunate. At least its not all alcohol though!
  • jewels.p
    Urgh, had that a coupe of weeks ago and it just tasted like banana!

The Red Russian or the Pear Kopparberg?
  • Paul24
    The Red Russian or the Pear Kopparberg?

Pear Kopperburg, disgusting I have to say, and there arent many drinks I cannot drink to be fair
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    what ever happened to a good old glass of beer ?
  • Paul24
    what ever happened to a good old glass of beer ?

Here Here
  • mark130273
    Here Here

my point exactly...................

thinking about that.....cracking open a couple tonight !!!!!!!!!!:laugh:
  • Paul24
    On a school night? Thats bad news that is :-)
  • mark130273
    shhhhhhh .got to do my homework first.......

hahahahhaahah
Privacy Policy