Is it possible to go to uni after Intermediate?

Abdul
Abdul Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi guyz

I just want to ask you if it possible to go to university after I finish my Intermediate level or not ?

if yes what kind of course i can study there ?

thanks you

Comments

• welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Depends what you want to study - if it's accoutnancy, why bother. Finish Technician Level and go straight to ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA with exemptions:

3yrs at uni then on to Chartered exams (3 levels) [obviously you may get exemptions] - also remember the student loan debts you may well build up

1 yr to complete Technician then go on to Chartered exams (3 levels minus some units) with exeptions - in theory you could do all this whilst still in employment and have it paid for you too.

I know which one I would do....
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    After you finish Technician level, it is pefectly possible to go to university to study accounting and (in many places to) skip the first year if you want. (I did and am; my last exam is next week) I doubt you'd get in anywhere with only Intermediate.

If you want to study something utterly unrelated, I don't think the AAT would be any help- did you do A-levels.
  • Abdul
    Thank guys for the replay .. i agree with what you said but i was thinking about that because i want to go to university faster, and also because I got some issues where I study

I guess I should finish the Technician Level .. !

thanks again
  • Bookworm55
    because I got some issues where I study

I guess I should finish the Technician Level .. !

Can you switch to a different college for the rest of the AAT?
  • Prashil
    Prashil Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    :D

yes u can go to a different college thats what im doing for my techinician level :001_smile:..
  • Bookworm55
    yes u can go to a different college thats what im doing for my techinician level ..

I think you slightly misinterpreted me there. I wasn't asking if it's possible generally for people to go to different colleges; I was asking if the OP specifically has an alternative college near them that they could go to instead.
  • Abdul
    Hi guyz
    thanks for your reply :)

I contact the ACCA and ask them if it possible to go to uni after Intermediate and they reply "Yes" you can:thumbup1:

but without exemptions !! so I was wondering if i start ACCA next year wouldnt be the same as finishing AAT Techinician level then going to Uni?

please tell me which one you preferr and why?
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Why would you want to go to uni for 3 years and build up a nice big student loan when you can do acca in 2 years with your exemptions and carry on earning?
  • Prashil
    Prashil Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    hi

im on the same state thinking shall i go uni after intermediate or technician.

I think gonig after technician is better :001_smile:
Privacy Policy