Spam

columbia
columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Good grief, I pop onto the forum this morning and there's spam everywhere!! :thumbdown:

What's going on? I thought the site had some new fangled way of stopping it.

It really is annoying! And it is everywhere, it's spreading quicker than swine flu!

Sorry, rant over.
ยซ1

Comments

• fatandforty
    fatandforty Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    It seems worse since they started work on the new website or is that just coincidence?:confused1:
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I got really excited when I opened this thread - I thought it was actually a conversation about tinned spam :-(
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ooo tim spam reminds me festival season on its way woooohoooo.

As for the other spam treat it the same ignor it all year through it in a pan burn it within an inch of its life then enjoy with a can of larger at stupid o'clock in the morning (well thats how i treat it) :lol:
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Buff wrote: ยป
    I got really excited when I opened this thread - I thought it was actually a conversation about tinned spam :-(

Can I have mine as fritters please?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I wish people wouldn't talk about food the way I'm feeling at the moment...
    298235.jpg
  • columbia
    Oh dear,

Bit of a heavy night was it?
  • A-Vic
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I wish people wouldn't talk about food the way I'm feeling at the moment...
    298235.jpg

aww poor you i wont mention the snotty egg on the side then
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    whos in charge of getting rid of this spam !!!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    it is rubbish and really annoying

Tracy
  • mark130273
    sounds like your saying the products rubbish ......hey taskey....

you got some hey !!!

hahahaha lol
  • Diannew
    Diannew Registered Posts: 2,814 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    whos in charge of getting rid of this spam !!!

I don't know but they need to be a bit more "spick & spam" with their cleaning!!
  • mark130273
    speaking about spam .just realised im over 800 posts now ........

thinking ive spammed abit myself ......

but at least most of it had a small point to it ?lol
  • A-Vic
    I don't know but they need to be a bit more "spick & spam" with their cleaning!!

ooo dear that was even bad for you dianne
  • lorraine
    lorraine Registered Posts: 404 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    ooo tim spam reminds me festival season on its way woooohoooo.

As for the other spam treat it the same ignor it all year through it in a pan burn it within an inch of its life then enjoy with a can of larger at stupid o'clock in the morning (well thats how i treat it) :lol:

yes cant wait for glasto 09 bring it on not long now!

your going to reading if my memory is working correctly, when is reading?
  • A-Vic
    yes cant wait for glasto 09 bring it on not long now!

your going to reading if my memory is working correctly, when is reading?

August bank holiday cant wait 2 whole weeks off work partying - whats the line up at glas not had a proper look?
  • lorraine
    line up looking pretty good for glas, status quo, rolf harris, dizzy rascal, lilly allen, prodigy, i havent worked out who i will see yet im confused there are so many, oh tony chrystie, uummm the script, i think pendelum are there too, and tom jones wicked! tings tings, can't wait now only 3.5 weeks to go yeah! then im back to work for 3 days and off camping!
    fingers crossed nice weather!

I have a total of 11 days off work!
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    line up looking pretty good for glas, status quo, rolf harris, dizzy rascal, lilly allen, prodigy, i havent worked out who i will see yet im confused there are so many, oh tony chrystie, uummm the script, i think pendelum are there too, and tom jones wicked! tings tings, can't wait now only 3.5 weeks to go yeah! then im back to work for 3 days and off camping!
    fingers crossed nice weather!

I have a total of 11 days off work!
    So you are not one of the young ones grumbling about all the wrinkly rockers at Glasto this year then?
  • lorraine
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    August bank holiday cant wait 2 whole weeks off work partying - whats the line up at glas not had a proper look?

is the line up good for reading it was announced a while ago wasn't it, my partner boss is going. He always goes every year!
  • lorraine
    So you are not one of the young ones grumbling about all the wrinkly rockers at Glasto this year then?

I quite like the old singers! your as young as the man you feel lol!
  • PAMDILL
    I quite like the old singers! your as young as the man you feel lol!
    Don't say that my man is a lot older than me!
  • A-Vic
    is the line up good for reading it was announced a while ago wasn't it, my partner boss is going. He always goes every year!

Its not bad friday the best for main stage for me, but the rest am looking at new bands ect having a wonder round.

Just had a look at the glas line up you really should go to see kasibian they are brill was ment to go watch them the night before exam (grrr).

Ones for me at reading are kings of leon, prodgery, gossip, lost prophets and last but no mean least placebo (woohoo)

Back on topic yet another 3 spam threads posted i see
  • PAMDILL
    One the new website you have to have a 'my AAT' login to get to discussion boards, might cut down on spam but hope it does not stop Blobyh & CJC posting!!
  • CJC
    Well apart from The Nightingales, Robyn Hitchcock and a few dubstep DJs there isn't a whole lot there that floats my boat.
  • CJC
    One the new website you have to have a 'my AAT' login to get to discussion boards, might cut down on spam but hope it does not stop Blobyh & CJC posting!!
    :crying:
  • PAMDILL
    CJC wrote: ยป
    :crying:
    AWWWH, does that mean it will? that is no good, you make my day when you post. You just need to sneak in under the radar, either that or offer your vast knowledge to AAT as forum moderator and developer.

By the by one of the developers is supposed to be calling me this afternoon about the fact I can't access any of the student support for the Technician units on their new website.

What you want to bet they will decide it is just my machine of my web browser? But I am ready for them, I tried it on IE, Firefox & Google Chrome.
  • CJC
    AWWWH, does that mean it will? that is no good, you make my day when you post.
    :blushing:

If they stick with this it'll shut out me and blobbyh and who knows how many other long-term posters. I guess as a former member I don't really have much leverage to change their minds, though maybe those of you who are members might like to mention that this move would be detrimental to the forum community as a whole. There are better and less drastic ways to stop spam.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Well, me and you'll end up barred Chris and I think Helen (Baggybooks) and Jamie (Buff) will also be excluded. Who will the poor youngsters ask for Excel knowledge in the future?!

Oh well, sledgehammer to crack a walnut and all that... Going by how quickly this version of the forum went downhill - only online since November 2007 - the future doesn't look bright for anything with the current admins in charge. They haven't even apologised or responded to any of the criticisms levied against them last night or today. Useless and all you AAT members deserve much better than the shoddy lot you've been lumbered with.
  • columbia
    Pardon me for being a bit thick, (not very technically minded), but why exactly won't non AAT members be allowed to post on the new forums?

It'll be such a shame to not have the vast wealth of experience that many people offer to this forum, not to mention the frienships that many people have built up on here.

Also, there are many tutors who also post on here, does that mean that the likes of Steve Collings and Sandy Hood will also not be allowed to post?
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I'm not sure about Sandy but Steve is still an AAT member so he will still get access
  • A-Vic
    Isnt sandy an aat/cima tutor ? surely tutors will still be able to post?
Privacy Policy