Kaplan Southampton

Options
Suzy
Suzy Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I am currently studying the diploma (intermediate) by distance learning with Kaplan but am struggling on my own with huge text books and nobody human to help me. I attended the ECR and FRA revision courses in London recently and found having a real live tutor helped so much! Is anyone out there studying at Kaplan Southampton?? How do you find it?? I am thinking that the last year can only get harder, gulp!:huh:

Suzy

Comments

• Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I always find with distance learning that unless you seek advice, in that, you call or e-mail your tutor they will assume everything is OK. Do you contact them often to seek help?

Also distance learning isn't for everyone, it could be you need a more interactive environment in which classes may be ideal?
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Suzy
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Do you think that a couple of ad hoc classes during the course would help you along the way, and possibly let a number of distance learning students get together?

It might be too late in the course for your Intermediate exams, but say we ran a weekend at the beginning of October, as well as the revision in November for the December exams, do you think that would help?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Suzy
    Options
    Ad hoc classes

Hi Sandy

Thanks for your reply. I think ad hoc classes during the year would be great for all us quiet, unassuming, unconfident distance learners! My colleague (who also thoroughly enjoyed the ECR with you and the FRA with Debbie wholeheartedly agrees). You can sometimes get too bogged down in text books. We will take any help on offer! :001_smile:

Suzy
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Well Suzy,
    I suggest we look at a weekend quite early in your technician programme (say 3 weeks in) and get a small group of like minded students together somewhere reasonably accessible to all.
    That way you can see you are on track, and avoid problems later on.

For the time being, focus on the up-coming Intermediate exams, and make a note of my email address to get in touch later.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Suzy
    Options
    Help with Technician level

Hi Sandy

That sounds good to me. Myself and my colleague Sarah both have another unit to do after the exam so are hoping to start the next year some time in September so we will contact you then. Many thanks for all your help and support. :001_smile:

Suzy
Privacy Policy