Working From Home

Options
VickieG
VickieG Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

I thought I would log on to find out if anyone has any advice on how to get started working from home doing bookeeping/accounts work.

I completed the AAT course last year and work in an office, processing payroll, completing year end, sales and purchase ledger, completing company VAT returns and prepare information for management accounts.

Any advice is welcome! thanks!

Vickie

:thumbup1:

Comments

• PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I had been wondering the same as construction industry so dicey, but hopefully now I don't need to worry for another year anyway.
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    The normal reply here is to do voluntary work for charities but you could also look at work for Parish/Town councils, possibly as a Parish clerk. Also put adverts in local convenience stores, Post Offices(if there are any left) and Butty wagons(don't forget a lot of self employed people use butty wagons on a regular basis)
  • JJ43
    JJ43 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I would also add, look at the listings in the phone book / thompson directory and draw up a list of suitable businesses you would like to target. Format some kind of sales flyer and post them off - this is very time consuming, but you can get results.
  • Jon_1984
    Jon_1984 Registered Posts: 186 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    One small point that comes up time and time again in the industry I work in is make sure you inform your insurance company and make sure it doesnt invalidate your mortgauge agreement. Sounds harsh but can be an issue.
Privacy Policy