brain mush

Primble
Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
hi

i'm attempting to revise for drafting financial statement, business tax and management accounts.
is anyone else doing all these and how are you managing. i dont seem to be achieving anything and am wondering if three is a bit much

Comments

• alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I'm doing the same but Personal tax not Business. Yes the three is tough, lukcily I'm with a good college so the revision lessons have really helped but I'm still finding it hard, I work 30 hours a week too. Are you doing distance learning because that is always harder?
  • Primble
    yeah distence learning so no tutor support and working full time
  • alicemaylara
    Ah no wonder you are finding it tough going! I did foundation distance learning but after finding it hard to motivate myself i went to college for the other two stages.

I think the best thing to do now is do past papers, then you no what they are going to ask you and you can concentrate on key points. Studying from the book you will waste time learning things that wont come up

Good luck!
  • Primble
    cheers. i need it. mayb ill start thoses papers that came at the weekend. and work out pro formas i need to know
  • CathG
    CathG Registered Posts: 145 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    If you're concentrating on past papers for DFS, I've been told don't do any older than Dec 2006 as things have changed slightly. Andrew Harrington's got study material that's available on his website teachmenow.net that looks quite good.
  • lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi,

Has anyone bought anything from teachmenow?

Thanks
    Lucy
  • alicemaylara
    Never heard of them!
  • jow774
    jow774 Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Im studying intermediate and Have brought ECR revision material from Teach me now and it really helped me get a hang of costing. I would say it was invaluable as before I got it I was really struggling.

Cant say owt about technician stuff but if its as good as the ecr one Id recommend it. (He also sells them on ebay).
  • hi

i'm attempting to revise for drafting financial statement, business tax and management accounts.
    is anyone else doing all these and how are you managing. i dont seem to be achieving anything and am wondering if three is a bit much

Perhaps a little too much to take on. In reality, you should only be taking on a max of 2.
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    at our college we did 3 in June. We did the 2 management accounting papers in December and the the 2 tax papers and DFS in June.

However as you are home studying and working full time, I would suggest that you need to organise as much study time out of work as you can. How confident do you feel with the subjects, are you on the revision stage or still going through the texts?
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I also did 3 and 2 whilst working full-time. If you plan your time effectively you'll be fine
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    We split them one (PTC in Dec) and three (DFS, PEV and PCR in June). While working for myself made organizing my time reasonably straightforward, no boss to worry about, it was still pretty tough to fit everything in. My mistake was to over concentrate on PEV, which I was finding hard, to the detriment of the other exams. I managed to pass them all but I was definitely winging it with some parts of DFS.

Still, one of my classmates failed PTC and had to do four exams in June while working full-time (and with a young child as well), she passed all four.
  • Perhaps a little too much to take on. In reality, you should only be taking on a max of 2.

I am being a bit of a hypocrite to be honest.

Iโ€™m sitting CIMA P1 & P7 in November and AAT Unit 19 in December.

I do have 6 & 7 months though to revise.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    hi

I'm in the same boat, these 3 exams to sit and I started just in January. Maybe too much as well?
    However I requested to work part time (4hrs per day) plus I'm now on holiday until the exams to revise.
    I will concentrate too just on past papers, since my distance learning books are not great (with lots of contradictions, errors, misleading stuff!!):thumbdown:
  • mi|kshake
    mi|kshake Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    CathG wrote: ยป
    If you're concentrating on past papers for DFS, I've been told don't do any older than Dec 2006 as things have changed slightly. Andrew Harrington's got study material that's available on his website teachmenow.net that looks quite good.

Thanks for the tip! I'm studying DFS too - looking forward to it being over.

mi|kshake~
Privacy Policy