Work Outs

Paul24
Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
I reluctantly did a Body Pump class at the gym on Wednesday (thought it was for girls) and I am very sore today!! Anyone else tried these?

Have to play squash at five, hoping to loosen up a bit by then!! :huh:
ยซ1

Comments

• Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    good luck with the squash - it'll hurt for 10 minutes but then it'll be fine - but the tomorrow you'll be hurting twice as much!
  • Paul24
    Hows things J? Im in Manc next Saturday for Oasis. Where would you reccommend heading after it finishes in town?
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    So, did you do the pump class to pick up the ladies???...

I've been cycling with the kids this week. I thought I had enough natural padding on the posterier area,(excuse spelling) but I paid the price for having a cheap saddle the next day!
  • Paul24
    A-ha, that is bad news.

I can take no such advantage of gym colleauges given my circumstances!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Paul24 wrote: ยป
    I reluctantly did a Body Pump class at the gym on Wednesday (thought it was for girls) and I am very sore today!! Anyone else tried these?

Have to play squash at five, hoping to loosen up a bit by then!! :huh:

hey i used to do them 3 times a week . and tell you something if you put the weight on the bars.....you bloomin well hurt and it does wonders....

gave it up thou when my calf went POP !!!

wish i could still do it thou .great fun !!:thumbup:
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hows things J? Im in Manc next Saturday for Oasis. Where would you reccommend heading after it finishes in town?

OO paul get yourself to the printworks or deansgate (even tiger tiger pretty good before hand for cocktails - half price before 7
  • Paul24
    I think we are going to be in town about eleven, cos the bands start in the afternoon. Probably wont matter where we go by then to be fair :-)
  • A-Vic
    I think we are going to be in town about eleven, cos the bands start in the afternoon. Probably wont matter where we go by then to be fair :-)

Most of pubs dont open till lunch but if you go to the little white pub near the big wheel oppersite next there pretty good
  • Paul24
    Nice one Ill look out for it!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I go to Boxercise with my brother on a Monday. I ache for days afterwards, tried VibeCycle last week, that is just evil. Very much admire anyone who does that.
  • Paul24
    I go to Boxercise with my brother on a Monday. I ache for days afterwards, tried VibeCycle last week, that is just evil. Very much admire anyone who does that.

Vibecycle?

Hmm......where should I start :001_smile:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    So where do you put the โ€ฆ no, best not go there.
  • PGM
    PGM Registered Posts: 1,954 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ

I usually just do weights and some cardio, but this year been doing spinning as well! Some people have said "isn't that just for girls", if so then girls stuff it pretty hardcore!!!
  • katsutlieff
    katsutlieff Registered Posts: 459 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Vibecycle?

Hmm......where should I start :001_smile:

:confused1:
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Before I was pregnant I went to the gym for an hour a day every day, and it may sound strange but I miss it! When the baby comes I won't have the luxury of the gym so I'm gonna start with Davina's workout dvd to lose the baby weight then I'm gonna have to get an exercise bike or something to put in the spare bedroom and I think I'll be on a constant diet!
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think I'll be on a constant diet!

welcome to my world

Tracy
  • Steve Collings
    Steve Collings Registered Posts: 997 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜

Definitely recommend the Printworks as A-Vic says (I was in Pure the other week and it was fantastic even though I was probably the oldest person in there!!) The Comedy Store is also a good night as well!
  • A-Vic
    Definitely recommend the Printworks as A-Vic says (I was in Pure the other week and it was fantastic even though I was probably the oldest person in there!!) The Comedy Store is also a good night as well!

Hey steve where is the comedy store am so bad at directions and always wanted to go.

Am more hard rock cafe lass :001_smile:
  • Steve Collings
    A-vic,

If you get off the train at Deansgate station then turn right, over the road is a row of about 4 pubs (Loaf is one of them). The comedy store is on that row. I've been there a few times and it is a fantastic night.:thumbup1:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ...even though I was probably the oldest person in there!!

Whippersnapper...
  • A-Vic
    cheers steve i'll have a look
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    highly recommend comedy store. great night out.
  • Glynis
    Glynis Registered Posts: 488 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Steve forigve me but I had you down as someone in ther fifties. You must be younger looking at this thread.
  • Steve Collings
    Glynis wrote: ยป
    Steve forigve me but I had you down as someone in ther fifties. You must be younger looking at this thread.

:ohmy:
  • mark130273
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    well im hoping im still under 50 !!
  • Paul24
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    well im hoping im still under 50 !!

Im half way to 50 :huh:

Going to another (girly - HA) Body Pump class after work, hoping to be able to move a bit better tomorrow than I could after that first session!
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Going to another (girly - HA) Body Pump class after work, hoping to be able to move a bit better tomorrow than I could after that first session!
    I guess it's just a question of how you employ the pump!!

I always found the classes more knackering than just working out in the gym, actually I suspect it was overdoing various classes that did for my shoulder. I really found them good for working on your core strength though and I never found any downside to being the only bloke amongst a dozen or so fit women :001_tongue:
  • Paul24
    CJC wrote: ยป
    I guess it's just a question of how you employ the pump!!

I always found the classes more knackering than just working out in the gym, actually I suspect it was overdoing various classes that did for my shoulder. I really found them good for working on your core strength though and I never found any downside to being the only bloke amongst a dozen or so fit women :001_tongue:

I hear ya :laugh:

Unfortunately I got stuck at the back with some other bloke, so there were about fifteen of those women in front of us. Was horrible.
  • mark130273
    male pride hey ?
  • Paul24
    There was a hint of sarcasm in there :-)
Privacy Policy