I need motivation!!!

jackiepowell
jackiepowell Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor โญ
Hiya All

Hope we are all doing ok for exams! I have come here for some help!

Is anyone finding it really hard to get motivated for the exams? Once again they have come around so quickly! I feel like i have hardly done anything.

Can anyone advise and give me the kick i need??

Cheers
Jackie :001_smile:

Comments

• alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    It doesnt help when its boiling hot out side and all your friends are enjoying themselves and your suck in a class room learning about cash flow statements then at work you get asked 'what did you do at the weekend' and all you can stumble upon is 'debit credit debit credit'

Dear me. Rant over

As for advice, I think little chunks with BIG chocolate treats at the end of each question! I also try to make revision exciting by buying new pens! I think I have about 10 different ones! How sad is that. Highlighting in all different colours also brightens the day:crying:
  • jackiepowell
    jackiepowell Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor โญ
    Thankyou for that!!

I have loads of stationary! I still need to re-sit my FRA!! 3rd time in June now!!!
    I'm just so bored of AAT. I just want to get it now! Been doing this since 2007!!

Just dont know what to do between now and exams!

Jackie :crying:
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Past papers past papers past papers, its the only way, I almost find my notes useless when it comes to a few weeks till the exams i just ditch the notes and redo and redo again the exams!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi

I've been where you are.. I can sympathise!

It's taken me 11 months after qualification but this month I secured a job in what could be the start of a cracking career for me - and, at 42, I am sure you would agree that I am very lucky to get any job in this current climate let alone a career launcher!

All I can say is keep your head down for the next couple of weeks, get these exams completed - SUCCESSFULLY - and you will reap the rewards in time.

Good luck to all taking their exams - whatever level!:thumbup1:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Excellent news Welsh Wizard. We are starting to see early indications are that the global recruitment freeze in place by many firms is beginning to thaw a little so all the more reason for those in doubt to persevere with their exams and look forward to brighter futures.
  • lou123
    lou123 Registered Posts: 53 Regular contributor โญ
    Well done Welshwizard, that's fantastic news!:thumbup1:
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Thanks for the congrats guys - the only thing is - the job is not an accounting role as such - I will be teaching Business and Finance Students in a college but hey, a job's a job!
  • cs_1988
    cs_1988 Registered Posts: 231 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    alicemaylara

have to agree, past exams are without a doubt the best revision tools anyone can have. I didnt have a clue three weeks ago, now i know (give or take) exactly what questions will be asked and how to do them.

Works a treat!
  • jewels.p
    jewels.p Registered Posts: 1,774 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hiya All

Hope we are all doing ok for exams! I have come here for some help!

Is anyone finding it really hard to get motivated for the exams? Once again they have come around so quickly! I feel like i have hardly done anything.

Can anyone advise and give me the kick i need??

Cheers
    Jackie :001_smile:

Hi Jackie,

I'm having the same problem as you my motivation has been zero for the past week or so. I am sitting FRA and just cant keep my head in my books. Getting a bit worried now so stress levels rising and brain level dropping!:thumbdown:

Julie:001_smile:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Jackie,

I'm having the same problem as you my motivation has been zero for the past week or so. I am sitting FRA and just cant keep my head in my books. Getting a bit worried now so stress levels rising and brain level dropping!:thumbdown:

Julie:001_smile:
    I did ECR & FRA in December after sitting both skills test in one day in October. Have you already done the skills test? IF you have and passed then don't panic about the exams, I found both of them a bit easier than the skills tests.
  • jewels.p
    I did ECR & FRA in December after sitting both skills test in one day in October. Have you already done the skills test? IF you have and passed then don't panic about the exams, I found both of them a bit easier than the skills tests.

Skills Test? I am doing the Diploma Route are you on the other version (Cant remember what it is called is it NVQ) Now you have got me panicking cause I dont know anything about a Skills Test on FRA!:ohmy:
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I did it NVQ route, think you still have simulations (skills tests) to do in Diploma route - might be wrong though
  • jewels.p
    I did it NVQ route, think you still have simulations (skills tests) to do in Diploma route - might be wrong though

The only Skills Test I think I have to do is Professional Ethics (done that) and CMCC (not done that yet) and exams in FRA and ECR for Advanced Level.

Well I hope so anyway cause thats enough for me!:laugh:
  • Karen L
    Karen L Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor โญ
    PEV for me ... 2nd attempt. Have found it harder this time to get my head into gear ... but I keep thinking that this is it .. 3 years of hard study will be over in two weeks ... past papers are key I think .. Keep going ! It'll be worth it in the end ... Good luck to everyone who is taking any kind of exam !!!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    well think the motivation you should get and the only thing that you should need is .........................................

just think about sitting there for ANOTHER whole year learning the same subject to take the exams again ?
  • Marg22
    Marg22 Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor โญ
    Hi Jackie

Really great to see you back on the website.

Like everyone else past papers are the key. If you study them enough you get use to the type of language they use and what they mean by it. Studying the chief assessors report is really useful and can help to reduce mistakes in the future.

I wish you and everyone else taking exams all the luck in the world, its not the most pleasant of times.

Marg
Privacy Policy