Exemptions for ACCA

Ntensity
Ntensity Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
Hi guys, I was wondering how many exemptions are we allowed to get for ACCA from AAT.

I done 2 tax papers on AAT and originally was going to do the audit unit as I was planning to ACA but circumstances have changed and when I checked the exemptions on ACCA website they mentioned only the first 3 units are allowed to be exempt which seems a little low I thought and wanted to be sure. My friend done an accounting degree and started from halfway of the 2nd stage apparantly.

Comments

• *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Ntensity

I have just completed AAT and currently studying for ACCA and unfortnately you are only exempt from the first 3 papers (F1, F2 and F3)

Sarah
  • anastasia
    anastasia Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    *Sarah* wrote: »
    Hi Ntensity

I have just completed AAT and currently studying for ACCA and unfortnately you are only exempt from the first 3 papers (F1, F2 and F3)

Sarah

Hi Sarah, whould you please be able to tell what's the deadline for registering with ACCA? Do you need to have AAT Technician certificate in hand to register and get exsemptions? And how long did it take to receive Technician certificate after completing last unit???
    I have project and a simulation left (distance learning), so not sure which one I should do first.

Thanks,
    Anastasia.
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    anastasia wrote: »
    Hi Sarah, whould you please be able to tell what's the deadline for registering with ACCA? Do you need to have AAT Technician certificate in hand to register and get exsemptions? And how long did it take to receive Technician certificate after completing last unit???
    I have project and a simulation left (distance learning), so not sure which one I should do first.

Thanks,
    Anastasia.

Hi Anastasia

I am not too sure of the registration deadline for ACCA however I would not suggest registering until you have completed AAT. Without finishing your project and last simulation you will not gain your exemptions. I completed AAT in the last sitting and received my certificate the week the exam results were release. Personally I would start the project first as this can be very long winded as it will need to go back and forth bewteen yourself and your tutor several times before it will be completed

Good luck with the last two units, nearly there now :001_smile:
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you are confident about finishing AAT this year I would register asap. The reason being is that you pay to register and then you have to pay again every January. So you may as well get the magazines etc for as long as possible.

ACCA will take your statement of achievement as proof for exemption so you don't need your certificate.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

The AAT can actually forward your results direct to the ACCA: http://www.aat.org.uk/home/newscontent/item10300/

There is a similar aarangement for CIMA too.

Neil
  • blank
    blank Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    the tax papers will come in handy for F6, you wont get exemptions but you will have a head start on people that havent done those modules for the AAT
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    blank wrote: »
    the tax papers will come in handy for F6, you wont get exemptions but you will have a head start on people that havent done those modules for the AAT

Blank is (as always lol) spot on correct.

You will be so pleased you've done those tax papers
  • anastasia
    *Sarah* wrote: »
    Hi Anastasia

I am not too sure of the registration deadline for ACCA however I would not suggest registering until you have completed AAT. Without finishing your project and last simulation you will not gain your exemptions. I completed AAT in the last sitting and received my certificate the week the exam results were release. Personally I would start the project first as this can be very long winded as it will need to go back and forth bewteen yourself and your tutor several times before it will be completed

Good luck with the last two units, nearly there now :001_smile:

Sorry, Sarah, I've only noticed your reply. :001_unsure: Thank you. That's very helpful.
    I have nearly finished my project (approved by tutor, so I should send it to assessor next week).
    One simulation left but I'm not sure if I'm gona be in time now :(.
    If I try hard to study it quick I could possibly do it by about mid July (Full time job and great weather at weekends don't help!). But I'm not sure how long it takes to mark the skills test and send it back, and also to receive a statement of achievement.
  • anastasia
    ACCA will take your statement of achievement as proof for exemption so you don't need your certificate.

That's very useful to know! Thank you.
    Do you think it will work if I register with ACCA in time but won't send them statement of achievement until couple weeks after deadline(that's if it doesn't arrive in time)?
  • anastasia
    NeilH wrote: »
    Hi

The AAT can actually forward your results direct to the ACCA: http://www.aat.org.uk/home/newscontent/item10300/

There is a similar aarangement for CIMA too.

Neil

I think one of conditions is that you need to sit an exam in June.
    I'm not sure if I don't have any exams in June, but only simulation, if they will do it for me.
    Thanks anyway.
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    anastasia wrote: »
    I think one of conditions is that you need to sit an exam in June.
    I'm not sure if I don't have any exams in June, but only simulation, if they will do it for me.
    Thanks anyway.

Hi

I completed my exams at the December 2004 sitting but didnt do my skills tests until the spring, everything was completed and signed off around July time and the AAT still forwarded my details on to CIMA when the exam results were released in August.

If they only do it for those who have taken exams then, in my opinion, their being unfair.

Neil
  • anastasia
    NeilH wrote: »
    Hi

I completed my exams at the December 2004 sitting but didnt do my skills tests until the spring, everything was completed and signed off around July time and the AAT still forwarded my details on to CIMA when the exam results were released in August.

If they only do it for those who have taken exams then, in my opinion, their being unfair.

Neil

Thanks for that. I'll check it out .
Privacy Policy