Revising for MAC Exam

Tube
Tube Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi everyone,

Anyone one on here revising for the MAC exam on Monday?

Just wanted to know if it is a good idea to look at PEV and PCR past papers when revising this unit. I picked up the 2008 and 2007 papers for PEV and PCR and found them quite hard.

Has anyone else looked at these unit papers when revising for MAC?

Getting quite nervous now and feel like I don't know a thing. :001_unsure:

Thanks
Tube

Comments

• Dorset Student
    Dorset Student Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    When I was studying for MAC for the Dec 2008 exams, I looked at and attempted both the PEV and PCR past papers, and found them useful. I also did the past papers for MAC. I think that as much practice at questions, whether MAC, PCR or PEV really helped me.

Good luck on Monday!

Tracy
  • Tube
    Hi Tracy,

Thanks.

I was just wondering how may of those that had taken MAC in the past had found it useful to do the PEV and PCR past papers. I'll revise as much I can. I just find that some stuff in these papers are not covered in the MAC books and it is here where I find it difficult to answer some of the questions.

Tube
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    I'm revising for MAC and I prefer to use MAC papers, because I'm finding PEV/PCR slightly different.

In MAC paper there are also service industry tasks which I haven't see in other papers and the questions are a bit harder! Section 1 is a nightmare, every time a different situation!
  • JOEY123
    JOEY123 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    MAC Exam

I am really struggling to revise MAC and feel like I know NOTHING! Anyone have any tips on how to remember how to do variances, each time I keep getting them wrong, I was able to do them in class but am now tieing myself up in knots! Think maybe nerves.:crying: Any tips would be greatly appreciated :confused1:
  • Tube
    I find the questions are alot harder too and the variances trip me up everytime!

I have tried some of the PEV & PCR past papers but find that I just can't answer some of the questions and when I write down what I think they are they are completely wrong.
  • Londina
    Tube wrote: »
    I find the questions are alot harder too and the variances trip me up everytime!

which one you find harder? MAC or PEV/PCR?

Just done MAC June 2008..section 1 took me more than 1 hour and half compared to the 75 minutes suggested...How could I do one budged and one revised one in that short time when also the question is long and awkward?
    I couldn't even get the fraction of the time right, can somebody knows why 15minutes is 0.25 hours and when there is a "fall to an average of 10minutes for each enquiry" the time is 6 for the total labour hours required? (claims 151200 x 6 = 25200 hours):crying:

how to get that 6? I thought 10minutes is 0.17?
  • Tube
    I'm finding PEV/PCR harder than MAC papers.
    Londina wrote: »

there is a "fall to an average of 10minutes for each enquiry" the time is 6 for the total labour hours required? (claims 151200 x 6 = 25200 hours):crying:

how to get that 6? I thought 10minutes is 0.17?

Which question does this relate too?

15 minutes is 0.25 as 15/60 = 0.25
  • Londina
    This one:

Task 1.3
    The average time to process an enquiry is 15 minutes (0.25 hours).
    The result is that from 1 July the time taken to process enquiries and reviews will fall to an average of 10 minutes for each enquiry or review.
    Recalculate the following for July and August:
    (b) labour hours required to undertake the total number of enquiries and reviews

Answer:

Total number of enquiries and reviews
    July 300,000.00
    August 169,200.00
    (b) Labour hours required
    Labour hours at average time (10 minutes)
    July 50,000.00
    August 28,200.00

If I divide the 300000 enquires by the 50000 hours I get 6, but what is it? how to get it? this I dont understand
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello any body got answer of Budgeted operating statment of Merano Ltd the question we did in revision class of MAC 29 of may . I got that page missing .. i just want 2 compare my answers !!!! if any body have it just write the task 1.4 (C) million thanks in advance
  • Tube
    Londina wrote: »
    This one:

Task 1.3
    The average time to process an enquiry is 15 minutes (0.25 hours).
    The result is that from 1 July the time taken to process enquiries and reviews will fall to an average of 10 minutes for each enquiry or review.
    Recalculate the following for July and August:
    (b) labour hours required to undertake the total number of enquiries and reviews

Answer:

Total number of enquiries and reviews
    July 300,000.00
    August 169,200.00
    (b) Labour hours required
    Labour hours at average time (10 minutes)
    July 50,000.00
    August 28,200.00

If I divide the 300000 enquires by the 50000 hours I get 6, but what is it? how to get it? this I dont understand

The answers I get are July 50000 and August 28200

10/60 = 0.1666666667
    July - 300000 x 0.1666666667 = 50000
    August - 169200 x 0.1666666667 = 28200

If you round it up to 0.17 you get a different answer.
  • Londina
    I see...thanks! getting crazy with this paper, cannot think straight anymore!:lol:
  • Richard
    Richard Registered Posts: 373 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Just wanted to know if it is a good idea to look at PEV and PCR past papers when revising this unit. I picked up the 2008 and 2007 papers for PEV and PCR and found them quite hard.

Has anyone else looked at these unit papers when revising for MAC?

I sat MAC in December 08 and found using the PEV and PCR past papers to be helpful. My view was that as MAC is a condensed version of these two papers, PEV and PCR will examine the topics more indepth. Therefore, if I could understand these papers, I stood a better chance of understanding MAC.

Good luck for Monday, MAC was the exam I dreaded the most!!
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The answers I get are July 50000 and August 28200

10/60 = 0.1666666667
    July - 300000 x 0.1666666667 = 50000
    August - 169200 x 0.1666666667 = 28200

If you round it up to 0.17 you get a different answer.

That works, but I find it a lot easier to divide by the number of reviews per hour - 6, instead of multiplying by how long each review takes - 0.167 of an hour
Privacy Policy