Looking for recent graduates studying the AAT

NickyB
NickyB Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor โญ
Hello

This is Nicky from the AAT PR Team. I'm looking for people who have got degrees within the last five years or so - and are now doing/or have done the AAT.

Anyone out there who could help?

Thanks
Nicky

Comments

• Esme
    Esme Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I finished mine in 2005... not accountancy related tho!!
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I have done the AAT, but I won't graduate (from uni, in Accounting and Finance) for another six weeks. What exactly are you after?

EDITED FOR CLARITY
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    im wondering what hes after too ?
  • NickyB
    Actually, I'm female.

But, I'm looking for people who graduated from university and are now doing the AAT because they felt a degree wasn't enough to get a job.

Ideally, people will have graduated within the last few years.

Thanks for your help everyone
    Nicky
  • neen
    neen Registered Posts: 5 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    don;t know if you're still looking for people but i fall into that category if you are!
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    same here??

aat graduate?
  • CrazySexyCool
    CrazySexyCool Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    I've got a Religion degree........now doing AAT for a laugh.
  • Buff
    Buff Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Degree? in religion? wdf?
  • Bookworm55
    Bookworm55 Registered Posts: 479 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Sorry, I'm the wrong way around for you. I did the AAT and then did a degree.

I don't actually know any who did the AAT after graduating, and I do know a few people who graduated within the last five years (not in accounting) and are now doing working in accounts and doing ACCA or CIMA. None of them have done AAT first.
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Here are a couple (and probably a few thousand other) students who probably wished they'd chosen their further education opportunities a little better rather than the vocational - and largely useless outside their specific industry - ones they actually ended up doing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8078034.stm

Degrees in Media studies? Journalism? Graphic Design? How many jobs do these people actually think are out there that require these quite limited skills? One city newspaper employing maybe two or three graduates can service a million readers yet every business, small, medium and large, needs accountants.
  • Sonny_L
    Sonny_L Registered Posts: 201 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Lol. Shouldn't the facebook group be "Against discrimination of Mickey Mouse graduates"?
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    None vocational degrees even include law (which surprised me)
  • CrazySexyCool
    CrazySexyCool Registered Posts: 52 Regular contributor โญ
    Buff wrote: ยป
    Degree? in religion? wdf?

Yea I was going to be a religion teacher
  • marknotgeorge
    marknotgeorge Registered Posts: 158 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Here are a couple (and probably a few thousand other) students who probably wished they'd chosen their further education opportunities a little better rather than the vocational - and largely useless outside their specific industry - ones they actually ended up doing.

I wish someone had told me about accountancy when I was drifting into doing Computer Science at uni, propelled by a row of shiny Acorn Archimedes in the new sixth form block at school...
  • jay cutler
    jay cutler Registered Posts: 57 Regular contributor โญ
    I've got a 2:1 in maths. I just finished my last exam DFS today. Personally the techinician year took more out me than my maths degree, and i believe the AAT is a hell of a jobs worth better than a maths degree. Having said that, my maths degree has certainly helped with the costing elements of PEV and PCR(passed in dec 08). So I'm happy to have acomplished both. Well I should wait till the results in aug for the AAT to confirm that! Still I know employers value AAT far more than a generic topic degree. As for accounting degree and exemptions, well I may only get 3 exemptions for ACCA(need to find a job first!), but at least I got a strong grounding to pass the reamaining ACCA exams rather that exempt my way to the latter stages and struggle.
  • NickyB
    Brilliant responses - cheers!

Just to say thanks everyone for responding. This is very helpful indeed.

Please keep responding everyone!
  • gibbogirl
    gibbogirl Registered Posts: 3 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I have a degree in Chemistry, but its a while ago.

Decided on a career change as there appears to be zero chemical industy in the UK and didn't fancy relocating to China!:001_smile:
Privacy Policy