MAC feedback

Options
alicemaylara
alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Please join me tomorrow afternoon to discuss the paper!!!

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Please join me tomorrow afternoon to discuss the paper!!!

Yep, I'm sure everyone will be on here analysing what they wrote. I just hope the examiner writes a paper with no 'mistakes' or ambiguous wording in it....
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I just say...OMG!:crying:
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    followed by another .. OMG
  • kateyliz
    kateyliz Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I didn't like it at all!!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    cant go in detail before 3 pm .. got another half an hour 2 go . countless fags after 12.45 so far thats wat i can say
  • Gingerheid
    Gingerheid Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    *waits for 3pm so can post...*
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    I didn't find it too bad actually....made a stupid mistake in section 2 - read sales would increase to 5,000 a month, instead of by 5,000. Had to scrap my first P&L and re-do it :001_rolleyes:

Although, I was still the first person out the room....left 35-40 minutes early
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Task 1.1 and 1.2 looked easier at first sight but as u gone more into it things were bit tricky like gram/1000 to make it into kgs plus mintues instead of hrs in labour hrs
  • Gingerheid
    Options
    Was going fine until 2.1, and I thought I was going fine until I got to 2.2; all the 2.1 answers seemed sensible and the ratios seemed plausible.

Then got into a hideous mess by trying to borrow figures from 2.1 to use for the workings in 2.2, so I must have gone wrong somewhere. Sadly I didn't have enough time to work out quite where.
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    What about the question on index calculation???? I got confused!!! And some people did not add the wastage to the material budget as it did not have any value. I am confused! I did add the wastage thought!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    same here task 2.2 was bit tough . have any body noticed 60M recommended for that task hell of a task
  • Gingerheid
    Options
    The wastage had cost, so that needed to be budgeted for.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    wastage should be added seen in few past papers as well where it is added quite confident on that
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    60M ??? What? Production Capacity of 60000 units?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    i messes up the indexation question in section 1 plus task 2.2 b in section 2
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    Task 2.2 ???? Which one was that?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    redraft profit and loss then calculating its ratios
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    I think I did well on the variances as the operating statement balanced at the end plus the comment on the variance was quite easy to give. Did anyone feel the same about it?
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    For the re-drafted profit and loss, I got £16,950 as net profit.....anyone else got something similar?

And for the material costs in section 1, I got £182,400 and £128,000 (I think)
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    redraft profit and loss then calculating its ratios

Oh Yes I messed a little bit too, but I hope for the best... I did not what to do with the stock
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    I think I did well on the variances as the operating statement balanced at the end plus the comment on the variance was quite easy to give. Did anyone feel the same about it?

What was the comment on the variance??
  • umerali2003
    Options
    yea it was ok ... my commenting was particularly focused on Purchase of a low grade material becuase it was mentioned in the scnerio that they have difficulty in handling the material
  • Londina
    Options
    same here task 2.2 was bit tough . have any body noticed 60M recommended for that task hell of a task

I found this task tough too, completely made a mess of it! why has been requested to re-right a P&L....damn is MAC, not DFS...
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    yea it was ok ... my commenting was particularly focused on Purchase of a low grade material becuase it was mentioned in the scnerio that they have difficulty in handling the material

I wasn't convinced it was low grade, because they used less of it than they planned....
  • Londina
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »

unfortunately not..mine didn't balance and didn't know what to comment about:crying:
  • Gingerheid
    Options
    I found that an easy question too; I suggested low grade material, though as wastage seemed to be down I suggested it could also be staff cutting corners and failing to reject goods so they didn't go even more over their hours.

In 2.2 I used my answers from 2.1 to calculate the new variable costs. This gave me some numbers that seemed far too low (even the overheads were too low if you used the figures from 2.1) , but I had to go with them as I couldn't see what was wrong with my 2.1 answer, or see any way of working them out just from the info in question 2.2.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    but again labour was doing over time without premium .. purchase manager manager had no problems so did production manage
  • umerali2003
    Options
    in task 2.2 b they suggested 10000 laptops at the @ of £350 each what i did is firstly i showed 10000 @ £ 500 ( selling price from previouse question )
    then showed 10000@ £350 the difference between 2 were the answer

then gave 2 reason why he should accept this offer
  • umerali2003
    Options
    dont worry abt balancing .. but not commenting any thing is bit of a concern
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    My comment on variances was to increse the supervision on staff and to purchase better quality of material since the cost variance was favourable, therefore they may have purchased poor quality of material at lower cost than budgeted with the result in failure of the finished product. Does it make sense? Anyone thought the same?
Privacy Policy