MAC feedback

Options

Comments

• kateyliz
    kateyliz Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I worked out the variable costs of producing the laptops (material costs and labour) think it came to £230 then took that away from the £350 and commented that the gross profit would be £120 a laptop and multiplied it up to give a profit figure on the year and said they should go for it.

I had a v random RONA figure for my reworked P&L - 139.23%! Not sure that was right...
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    in task 2.2 b they suggested 10000 laptops at the @ of £350 each what i did is firstly i showed 10000 @ £ 500 ( selling price from previouse question )
    then showed 10000@ £350 the difference between 2 were the answer

then gave 2 reason why he should accept this offer

I said that they should accept the deal because it will increase the turnover and that they could produce more units since the current production capacity was for 60,000 units and they only were producing 50,000 at that stage before the deal.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    task 2.2 was no doubt a tough question if a lot of people struggled there will some adjustment in marking i hope so atleast
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    My comment on variances was to increse the supervision on staff and to purchase better quality of material since the cost variance was favourable, therefore they may have purchased poor quality of material at lower cost than budgeted with the result in failure of the finished product. Does it make sense? Anyone thought the same?

There was a favourable usage variance, meaning the quality of the material couldn't have been the only factor for the failure of the covers. I said the purchases manager may have bought lower quality materials, but the favourable usage meant the failure also had something to do with the workforce
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    I said that they should accept the deal because it will increase the turnover and that they could produce more units since the current production capacity was for 60,000 units and they only were producing 50,000 at that stage before the deal.

i almost commented the same thing that they have some capacity available so they should go for it
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    There was a favourable usage variance, meaning the quality of the material couldn't have been the only factor for the failure of the covers. I said the purchases manager may have bought lower quality materials, but the favourable usage meant the failure also had something to do with the workforce

Well.. yes but the favourable variance on the usage could have lead in not using enought material required for each unit... I think I said that as well. I do not know.
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    kateyliz wrote: »
    I worked out the variable costs of producing the laptops (material costs and labour) think it came to £230 then took that away from the £350 and commented that the gross profit would be £120 a laptop and multiplied it up to give a profit figure on the year and said they should go for it.

I done something similar but worked out the contribution
    I had a v random RONA figure for my reworked P&L - 139.23%! Not sure that was right...

For the redrafted P&L I got 130.38%
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    does nobody thinks that the time was too little for all these questions? you need time to think first about the situation in order to then reply correctly!
    I noticed almost everybody where still there when the 3 hour were out!!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    i really struggeled to redraft the profit and loss account nd made a terrible mess of it a part from that rest of the questions i did well
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    does nobody thinks that the time was too little for all these questions? you need to think first about the situation in order to then reply correctly!
    I noticed almost everybody when the 3 hourse were out!!

hmm i know it was bit shot on time ... plus task 1.1 and 1.2 really consumed a lot of my time
  • Gingerheid
    Gingerheid Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I done something similar but worked out the contribution

I did the same, and with variable expenses being as low as I worked them out to be it was an obvious goer!

For the redrafted P&L I got 130.38%

Yeah - I got something similar. It seemed wrong.

I didn't want to be the first person to wonder if there was a mistake in the question in case everyone else said that the sponsorship cut profit or something like that, but...
  • umerali2003
    Options
    any body reckon the passing rate will go down ?
  • Melegan
    Melegan Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    That exam was HORRIBLE!

2.2, I said that they shouldn't take the Orange contract as they couldn't produce enough! Guessing that was wrong?! I thought they were already making 45,000 a year and this increased by 5,000 a month, so 60,000 more a year?! Did it actually say 5,000 a year?

Really don't think I've passed
    :confused1:
  • Melegan
    Options
    any body reckon the passing rate will go down ?

That's my only hope!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    if some thing technically gets wrong with task 2.2 ... means there will be some adjustment in passing marks
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    i almost commented the same thing that they have some capacity available so they should go for it

Great that is reassuring!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Melegan wrote: »
    That exam was HORRIBLE!

2.2, I said that they shouldn't take the Orange contract as they couldn't produce enough! Guessing that was wrong?! I thought they were already making 45,000 a year and this increased by 5,000 a month, so 60,000 more a year?! Did it actually say 5,000 a year?

Really don't think I've passed

The production capacity was 60,000 a month, so 720,000 a year.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    i dont know i still feel there was some thing wrong in task 2.2 A or poorly written ??? having passed Dfs already still aint able 2 get it right
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    C'mon, nobody else can remember what they put down for net profit for the redrafted P%L?? £16,950 anyone??
  • Melegan
    Options
    Ooops!

• kateyliz
    Options
    C'mon, nobody else can remember what they put down for net profit for the redrafted P%L?? £16,950 anyone??
    I had 18100 for my net profit so in the same sort of region...!
  • Melegan
    Options
    nobody else can remember what they put down for net profit for the redrafted P%L?? £16,950 anyone??

Fairly certain that's what I got too.
  • Fiorellino
    Options

I do remember that was a small figure though probably less than £10,000 for the gross profit
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    I had 18100 for my net profit so in the same sort of region...!

What price did you use for the labour and material cost per unit? £20 and £150 I think I used?
  • laurie
    laurie Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I got £16950 for my Net Profit on 2.2 b.I had sales of 105 000 revenue of £52500 and GP of 19850.:confused1:
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    What did you do about the change in stock?
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    laurie wrote: »
    I got £16950 for my Net Profit on 2.2 b.I had sales of 105 000 revenue of £52500 and GP of 19850.:confused1:

Snap! :thumbup: Either we are both right, or we'll go down in flames together
  • kateyliz
    Options
    What price did you use for the labour and material cost per unit? £20 and £150 I think I used?
    yes thats what I worked out for unit costs. I was unsure about the closing stock so knocked 5000 units off of my production to reduce the closing stock figure by half. Think I made a mis-calculation somewhere along the way!
  • Melegan
    Options
    I got £16950 for my Net Profit on 2.2 b.I had sales of 105 000 revenue of £52500 and GP of 19850

That's exactly what I got!

:thumbup:
  • laurie
    laurie Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Think i had stock as 2000!!!
Privacy Policy