MAC feedback

Options

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    What did you do about the change in stock?

Took it off the net assets when calculating RONA calculation (so 16950/13000 = 130.38%) Didn't do anything else with it.
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    fox dont forget 2 do a feed back questionare about MAC 33 make sure 2 bombard task 2.2 as the worst task
  • laurie
    laurie Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I got bit stuck on The contribution question i had contribution of £^ for XP and £9.50 for ZM? Did anyone else get anything similar also what was peoples target cost? and discount cost? :confused1:
  • kateyliz
    kateyliz Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Took it off the net assets when calculating RONA calculation (so 16950/13000 = 130.38%) Didn't do anything else with it.
    phew I did the same. I had the same turnover 52500 so must have calculated how much my labour/materials would be wrongly as my GP was 22000 and NP 18100, however they have to carry forward the incorrect figure and mark it right

I'm beginnging to think I may have a chance of passing this paper hurrah!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    any discussion on task 1.1 and 1.2
  • Melegan
    Melegan Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Know I got the limiting factor question wrong!

I forgot how to calculate the contribution per limiting factor! So I said to make all of the second item, ZM or something!
  • kateyliz
    Options
    laurie wrote: »
    I got bit stuck on The contribution question i had contribution of £^ for XP and £9.50 for ZM? Did anyone else get anything similar also what was peoples target cost? and discount cost? :confused1:
    I got the same. Not sure I worked out the contribution by limiting factor right tho - I got £0.36 and £0.95... I made 20000 of the expensive and 33333 of the cheap ones?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    how did u do the contribution ??
  • laurie
    Options
    I wasnt sure about the limiting factor i got 33,333 unts of XP and 20,000 Units of ZM aswell thou. What did people get for 1.4 - Target Costing?
  • Fiorellino
    Fiorellino Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options

This was a horrible question together with the contribution for the limiting factors per each unit. What I did was SP-Fixed Cost= contribution; althought I know that should have been SP-Variable costs = contribution, but I could not find a way to calculate the Vaviable costs. Anyone with same ideas?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    damn some thing fishy in task 1.2 as well damn i am getting worried now
  • kateyliz
    Options
    I got 20% as the discount needed, said no to the offer of 15% and got £40 for the material cost I think?
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    I wasnt sure about the limiting factor i got 33,333 unts of XP and 20,000 Units of ZM aswell thou. What did people get for 1.4 - Target Costing?

Material Target costing per KG £41.20 anyone the same answer??? pleaseeee
  • Melegan
    Melegan Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    1.4 Target costing I had a target cost of £40 kg. So shouldn't take the discount and need 20% discount.

Anyone else get anything similar?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    1.4 a target cost = c = s ( 1+ r )
    25 ( 1+0.4)
    25(1.04)
  • umerali2003
    Options
    b took 15% of 50

and then commented on the difference and told roughly 25% more discount needed
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    20,000 and 33,333 for me as well
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    kateyliz wrote: »
    I got 20% as the discount needed, said no to the offer of 15% and got £40 for the material cost I think?

Same here also
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    I have got a feeling that I will not pass this time. I have got wrong the target costing, the p& L and index did not even do it. In addition to that I sure that there will be more mistake somewhere too. ohohoh noo!!! :001_unsure:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    My indexed cost for December was £108.... and I put % index rise as being 35%....though I think 35% is wrong??
  • laurie
    Options
    You might be ok im hoping that we get most of the marks from the budget variance and ratios thats the only parts i am confident in the rest i have got bits right here and there so you might be ok:thumbup:
  • umerali2003
    Options
    I got the same feeling i wont make it .. but again it depends how the marking is ?? really need 2 know wat sandy hood think of dis paper
  • kateyliz
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    My indexed cost for December was £108.... and I put % index rise as being 35%....though I think 35% is wrong??
    I got 108 and 35% also
    my indexes were 112.5 and 125 although not confident on those!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    well i am trying 2 make 70 % in each section in my mind but finding it hard
  • Fiorellino
    Options
    You might be ok im hoping that we get most of the marks from the budget variance and ratios thats the only parts i am confident in the rest i have got bits right here and there so you might be ok:thumbup:

Yes I feel strong in section 2 actually, althought the P&L is wrong forsure. Oh Well we will see. Fingers crossed!
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    kateyliz wrote: »
    I got 108 and 35% also
    my indexes were 112.5 and 125 although not confident on those!

Yeah, I got those as well :thumbup:

I wasn't sure about the 35% because it seemed too easy.....base date is January 08, Index for December 09 is 135, whats the % change? Well, 35% seemed too obvious....but I wrote it anyway :001_smile:
  • LondonMatt
    Options
    Just checking, but did everyone else only pay out for labour hours worked? And not for all labour hours that were available?
  • Kyle
    Kyle Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yes, labour cost was completely variable.
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Fiorellino wrote: »
    Yes I feel strong in section 2 actually, althought the P&L is wrong forsure. Oh Well we will see. Fingers crossed!

same here
  • Kyle
    Kyle Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Sales 105000
    Revenue £52500
    GP of 19850
    NP was high, 16950 or so?

Think they meant 5000 a year, but the question definately stated 5000 a month. Did a quick calculation and 5000 a year gave much more sensible figures.

Target Cost £40, discount required 20%

Limiting Factor got 40000/16000 production (originally got 33333/20000 like some here, but then redid it using the limiting factor, rather than labour hours - oops!). Contribution per kg of material was £100 and £95 respectively.
Privacy Policy