Comments

• lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I did that too.
  • swampy1901
    swampy1901 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well it's sounds like everyone was ok with the paper - everyone that is except me!! I thought it was awful and I ran out of time. Nearly missed the score card - spotted it 20 minutes before the end and didnt complete the life cycle question.
    I cant seem to get this paper at all - no matter how revision I do.
    I was fairly happy with the performance indicators but dont you just hate it when your mind goes blank. But you know that you know the stuff!!

Resit Number 4 coming up in December!!

Swampy
  • Kinga1989
    Kinga1989 Registered Posts: 18 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I don't think we should include running costs 400000 each year for lease as it was only mention for part a) when you had to consider purchase.
  • nick7543
    nick7543 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Pencil wrote: »
    the overall variance when taking into account all the favourable and adverse variances, the standard cost of actual production was something like £30,030 and the actual cost of production was £28,259, which means the overall production variance was £1,771

Yeah:thumbup: exatly I have got the same ans £1771, and £16900 for cost card but mashed up with 1.3 , hope this would be ok to pass section 1 :001_smile:
  • tonitowle
    tonitowle Registered Posts: 32 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Does the AAT post the answers anytime soon, or do we have to wait until results day?
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    we usually have to wait til after results I believe
  • someone pooped on my exam
    someone pooped on my exam Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    pass or fail

hey,

i completely screwed up the last part of both section 1 and 2. is this a instant fail? what percentage do you need to pass the paper? i thought the first part of both sections went ok then i screwed up.

:crying:
  • columbia
    columbia Registered Posts: 580 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi

I believe that the papers get posted on here quite quickly, around a week or so after the exams, and the answers are posted when the results go out.

The pass rate is not decided upon until all the papers are marked.

My fingers will be crossed for you all!
  • Byrnie
    Byrnie Registered Posts: 16 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    section 2

I didn't include running costs for leasing option as it said in question 125000 is TOTAL cost. Worrying a bit now but seem to have same as most for other questions so fingers crossed. Have been reading these since got home. V naughty as I should be revising for thurs.......:001_tt2:
  • garry_coombs
    garry_coombs Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Byrnie wrote: »
    I didn't include running costs for leasing option as it said in question 125000 is TOTAL cost. Worrying a bit now but seem to have same as most for other questions so fingers crossed. Have been reading these since got home. V naughty as I should be revising for thurs.......:001_tt2:

I added them but wrote a note about my assumption, maybe both ways will be allowed, but I can't lose many marks if not, still got the same conclusion, I just thought it was odd that you'd only have the 4 years instead of the 5 discounted cash flow things.
  • mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    easy easy easy ................bring it on thursday !!!
  • Bennie
    Bennie Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    'Scorecard' question??

Some of you mention a 'scorecard' question in the exam...do you mean the one where we had to calculate the standard cost card? Or have I missed a question completely???
  • heartsandstars
    heartsandstars Registered Posts: 76 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Well, that exam could have gone A whole lot worse from my Point of view - fingers crossed I get enough to pass.

The only one that really made me sit and stare at my paper for a while was the lifecycle costing one, and that is because I didn't revise it as much as other sections(stupid I know).

Really glad I kepy my copies of AAT mag though, as the article back along that had help on report writing was really useful!!
  • Bennie
    Bennie Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Help!!

HELP!!
    Anyone know if 'scorecard' question = 'cost card' question???
  • taskey
    taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    yes bennie i think it was the cost card question

Tracy
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hayley wrote: »
    Yeh, that sounds like what I put. The indexed costs were, I think:

1200 x 126/105 £1440 x 100 tonnes £144,000
    1200 x 119/105 £1360 x 100 tonnes £136,000
    1200 x 133/105 £1520 x 100 tonnes £152,000

Total £432,000

If contracted £150,000 x 3 £450,000....extra £18k

I am always rubbish with indexes but put this so fingers crossed!

I could not get one of my variances right, and had a shortfall of £30 between my 2 totals but did not get my FRA to add last year and past so fingers crossed :confused1:
  • lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Re the new machinery, I ignored the running costs. This was one of my answers to the final part that if the machine broke down, the costs would be covered under the lease agreement, but if we owned it we would have to pay them? Hey nothing I can do about it now!! Not sure what they wanted from the final question in section 2.....
  • helensmith2882
    helensmith2882 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    For the last question for the purchase did you depreciate the asset, I didn’t but your answers look familiar, I only used running costs on purchase.
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i never used the disposal figure with the discounted rate... i think this was wrong but overall i thought it was quite nice to be honest!! bring on tommorow now!! :-)
  • mahdi87
    mahdi87 Registered Posts: 121 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    guys i cnt belive it i didnt x my rona by 100% i left it 0.8!! my cost card was 16900 and messed up my index fingers crossed
  • Flashb
    Flashb Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Cost Card

I thought that fixed overheads wouldnt change regardless of the amount of soap bars made. I left my fixed overhead at £150,000.......in hindsight my answer looks silly! Oh well!! Anyone else do this? Come on make me feel better!
  • lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Yep i done that 2!!! Hopefully we wont lose all marks for getting just that wrong.
  • Tina Sparkles
    Tina Sparkles Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    i did that to i knew it looked wrong but i didnt get it at all! wooopss!!
  • ruthy21187
    ruthy21187 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I came out of the exam feeling really confident I'd done well and feeling as though I'd done enough to pass...it was definately a nice paper compared to some of the others!

Looking at people's suggestions on here now though I am starting to get myself in a tizz.

I think I have got Section 1 pretty much spot on to what others have said on here and so think I might pass that.

On Section 2 question 1, the only ratio I did wrong was return on net assets and so that meant part iii of my report will be irrelevant as well.

I think I completely messed up question 2 but did at least put some workings.

I think I have scrapped through question 3, not sure if I discounted in the right years for the leasing part but have used to right method etc and made the same recommendation as everyone else, although maybe using my own figure.

All in all what is the general consensus, do you think I will have done enough to pass section 2? I am praying so, these are my final exams and am desperate to qualify! Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks.
  • Bella3214
    Bella3214 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    What did people put for Task 1.3? I got abit confused on this one.
  • Francesca 1234
    Francesca 1234 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Npv?

After reading almost everyones threads i think im the only person that 2.3 (b) i calulated kx NPV for 6 years, i.e 0,1,2,3,4,5 oops no wonder my difference was about 110k between purchasing n leasing!!

Apart from that i HATE writing the reports, think my reasons behind my PI weren't very specific.

Also for RONA i put both a decimal and a percentage, 0.8 & 80% surely i cant be marked down on this? (Q2.2) :huh:
  • mahdi87
    Options
    but i dont understand why would they marck us down as 0.8 is same as 80% i did put RONA 0.8 and asset turnover 200% instead of 2X loool i always do opposite to what other ppl do!
  • Francesca 1234
    Francesca 1234 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    True True.... well i gave them both answers so surelly they can't complain!! What did you put for ur reasons for 2.3 D (two other considerations)
  • mahdi87
    Options
    loool i dont even remember as i dont know if i got the NPV right what did u do for your consideration?
    PS: i think i done the hiring right i only remember i said that is better to hire
  • hue
    hue Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Return on additional investment????

I could not work out the increase in profit and the rofa of 80%. could anyone kindly tell me how did you actually do it if you could remember. With many thanks.
Privacy Policy