MAC feedback

Options
1235»

Comments

• Kyle
    Kyle Registered Posts: 45 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    No, it's not. Several people in my group did it in pencil, and the exam stated "We strongly recommed you use pen rather than pencil", but you can use pencil if you really want.
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    Snap! :thumbup: Either we are both right, or we'll go down in flames together

i think that what i got
  • alicemaylara
    alicemaylara Registered Posts: 259 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well i thought it was an ok paper (but this always worries me because in the past when i thought i have done well i do badly!)

I was glad i didnt have to write about ratios, its my worst subject, save that for DFS on Wednesday

I told my self i would'nt come on here to check answersbut i couldnt help it! I know i few things i got wrong but im 60-65% it went ok

So much better than Decemeber papers for ECR ect ect when we all crashed the site with compliants at how IMPOSSIBLE it was!

Well Done everyone! now get ready for wednesday!:eek:
  • DOTTY
    DOTTY Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    omg.........

:thumbdown Mac............. i hate this, i didn't like ecr so i knew this was gong to be my worst nightmare and yep it was i got happy doing the past papers, thought i stood a bit of a chance, now i am waiting for my fail, task 1.4 went to peices on just said the target cost was £15.00, indexes looking at everyone elses answers, mine were wrong and task 2.2 i went all over the place and the reduced stock i added to the net assets. I think if i had more time i might have had the time to ponder things but section 1 took me 2 hours, thats when i fell apart some more!!!!!!! oh well i gave it my best shot, i got 100% for effort. Taking PTC Friday and and hoping this will be nice. Only need MAC and PTC to finish y AAT.
    :thumbdown::thumbdown::001_wub:
  • umerali2003
    umerali2003 Registered Posts: 400 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Well i thought it was an ok paper (but this always worries me because in the past when i thought i have done well i do badly!)

I was glad i didnt have to write about ratios, its my worst subject, save that for DFS on Wednesday

I told my self i would'nt come on here to check answersbut i couldnt help it! I know i few things i got wrong but im 60-65% it went ok

So much better than Decemeber papers for ECR ect ect when we all crashed the site with compliants at how IMPOSSIBLE it was!

Well Done everyone! now get ready for wednesday!:eek:

i wish if it was something 2 write on ratios rather then that horrible task 2.2
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    DOTTY wrote: »
    :thumbdown Mac............. i hate this, i didn't like ecr so i knew this was gong to be my worst nightmare and yep it was i got happy doing the past papers, thought i stood a bit of a chance, now i am waiting for my fail, task 1.4 went to peices on just said the target cost was £15.00, indexes looking at everyone elses answers, mine were wrong and task 2.2 i went all over the place and the reduced stock i added to the net assets. I think if i had more time i might have had the time to ponder things but section 1 took me 2 hours, thats when i fell apart some more!!!!!!! oh well i gave it my best shot, i got 100% for effort. Taking PTC Friday and and hoping this will be nice. Only need MAC and PTC to finish y AAT.

same happened to me...went all over the place, I knew I was doing something wrong, but didn't have enough time to think again and do some corrections! I just gave up there, couldn't stress myself even more, I knew I was failing anyway...
  • alicemaylara
    Options
    Yeah i think if i was to give AAT feedback on this i would tell them there was too much in the paper for the time. I was one of the first to finish but i left with only 30 mins to go, i think there needed to be a longer time limit or less questions (i no which one i would have preferred!)
  • Kyle
    Options
    DOTTY wrote: »

I also made target cost £15.
  • KDM
    KDM Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    efficiency variance
    Kyle wrote: »
    Standard Cost £3865800
    Labour Rate Variance £1000F
    Labour Efficiency Variance £200A
    Material Price Variance £50500F
    Material Usage Variance £25000F
    Fixed O/H Exp Variance £100000A
    Fixed O/H Volume Variance 25000F
    Overall variance 1300F
    Actual Cost £3864500

Is what I believe I made it. Was very happy with those figures, too.

How was the efficiency variance calculated because i kept getting £195 even though I wanted it to be £200 to balance my operating statement.

i did 20040 hrs less 20050 x £19.51 =£195 ???
  • Londina
    Options
    Yeah i think if i was to give AAT feedback on this i would tell them there was too much in the paper for the time.

I noticed there is a questionnaire on the top of the page, do you think I can fill it now or in July?
  • umerali2003
    Options
    any body got any idea wat will be going to passing rate epic 70 % or 60 to 65 %
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    I noticed there is a questionnaire on the top of the page, do you think I can fill it now or in July?

do it now .. or u wana do it after result lolzz???
  • Londina
    Options
    do it now .. or u wana do it after result lolzz???

I know my result anyway.....fail..
  • Kyle
    Options
    KDM wrote: »
    How was the efficiency variance calculated because i kept getting £195 even though I wanted it to be £200 to balance my operating statement.

i did 20040 hrs less 20050 x £19.51 =£195 ???

From memory,

(2050 - 2000/50000x51000) x (40000/2000) = 200
    Or
    (2050 - 2040) x 20 = 200
    Or
    (Actual Hours - Standard Hours) x Standard Rate
  • umerali2003
    Options
    come on u never knew wat if the examiner had full bottle of JD and suddenly u get a big PASS on both section
  • alicemaylara
    Options
    'i did 20040 hrs less 20050 x £19.51 =£195 ???'

Its roundings! you would have got £200 if you havdnt of rounded
  • Kyle
    Options
    'i did 20040 hrs less 20050 x £19.51 =£195 ???'

Its roundings! you would have got £200 if you havdnt of rounded

I think KDM used the actual labour rate rather than the standard labour rate.
  • LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    any body got any idea wat will be going to passing rate epic 70 % or 60 to 65 %

No offence, but I'd be pretty annoyed if the pass mark went down to 60 or 65%. It'd de-value the worth of the qualification in my eyes.
  • Londina
    Options
    LondonMatt wrote: »
    No offence, but I'd be pretty annoyed if the pass mark went down to 60 or 65%. It'd de-value the worth of the qualification in my eyes.

you are quite right....but since the paper is complicated with lots of failures, instead lower the pass mark, I would lower the questions, so more time available!:001_tongue:
  • Cazzan
    Cazzan Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    laurie wrote: »
    I got £16950 for my Net Profit on 2.2 b.I had sales of 105 000 revenue of £52500 and GP of 19850.:confused1:

I got this too! Prob the only bit I did get right!!! :001_smile:
  • Cazzan
    Cazzan Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    kateyliz wrote: »
    I got the same. Not sure I worked out the contribution by limiting factor right tho - I got £0.36 and £0.95... I made 20000 of the expensive and 33333 of the cheap ones?

I got 33,333 too and thought it was rather a strange figure!!
  • Kyle
    Options
    That looks like you've multiplied the contribution per unit by the material required per unit, rather than divided?

ie.

9.50 x 0.10 = 0.95
    6.00 x 0.06 = 0.36

Rather than

9.50 / 0.10 = £95
    6.00 / 0.06 = £100
  • Doné
    Doné Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi all. Cant say I was crazy about the paper just hope I make it (its my 2nd attempt!! Only subject that this happened). Just wanna know how this diploma / qualification measures in UK compared to South Africa? In SA its a NQF5 level as opposed to a national diploma which is a NQF6. Most of the jobs advertised ask for a NQF6! Bit disappointed...
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Londina wrote: »
    you are quite right....but since the paper is complicated with lots of failures, instead lower the pass mark, I would lower the questions, so more time available!:001_tongue:

i heard the aat decide the passing rate once they gone through each and every paper then they decide what will be the passing criteria
  • Rao
    Rao Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Re MAC exam

Hi all!

Just to say I am vastly disappointed with my performance in the MAC paper on Monday. Due to nerves and time pressure, I was not thinking very clearly (perhaps a premonition that the paper would be hard). I messed up on the direct labour cost calculation in section 1 as I did not multiply the 40 x 40 by 5 to get the total available hours, making only 1600 hrs and hence overtime. Obviously overtime was not expected as the question did not mention it at all (with the premium).
    The target costing question for some reason threw me and I only could attempt the first part. I realised later that what was required was to calculate the target labour and overhead unit costs, subtract from the total target unit cost leaving the target material unit cost which should be divided by kg/unit (0.1). For some weird reason I used the overall target unit cost (£15) to divide by 0.1, giving £150/kg, which is clearly nonsense as the supplier's normal price is £50/kg. So the object is to reduce the purchase price of materials to its target cost. The rest of section 1 seemed fine.

Section 2 was ok until the tasks regarding the alternative projects involving extra sales by sponsorship and the Orange brand. The original P&L a/c had to be redrafted in the first part, which I presume meant showing the extra contribution and extra fixed cost (£1m) to give revised profit. I used the same format in the P&L as in the question. Was one supposed to show contribution rather than gross profit? They asked to calculate revised gross profit margin (which includes fixed production overheads). The sales to Orange just concerned the extra contribution (fixed costs constant). So this was testing use of relevant costs. I think I came to a wrong conclusion- what did others think?

The standard costing question went ok except for the report where one had to discuss the material and labour variances and any connection. I advised that substitute materials (easier to use) should be bought or finding an alternative supplier. More skilled labour should be hired. What did others think?

Overall I think I did poorly and have failed. It is in the hands of the gods now and I can only hope for the best!

Good luck to you all!
  • umerali2003
    Options
    Rao wrote: »
    Hi all!

Just to say I am vastly disappointed with my performance in the MAC paper on Monday. Due to nerves and time pressure, I was not thinking very clearly (perhaps a premonition that the paper would be hard). I messed up on the direct labour cost calculation in section 1 as I did not multiply the 40 x 40 by 5 to get the total available hours, making only 1600 hrs and hence overtime. Obviously overtime was not expected as the question did not mention it at all (with the premium).
    The target costing question for some reason threw me and I only could attempt the first part. I realised later that what was required was to calculate the target labour and overhead unit costs, subtract from the total target unit cost leaving the target material unit cost which should be divided by kg/unit (0.1). For some weird reason I used the overall target unit cost (£15) to divide by 0.1, giving £150/kg, which is clearly nonsense as the supplier's normal price is £50/kg. So the object is to reduce the purchase price of materials to its target cost. The rest of section 1 seemed fine.

Section 2 was ok until the tasks regarding the alternative projects involving extra sales by sponsorship and the Orange brand. The original P&L a/c had to be redrafted in the first part, which I presume meant showing the extra contribution and extra fixed cost (£1m) to give revised profit. I used the same format in the P&L as in the question. Was one supposed to show contribution rather than gross profit? They asked to calculate revised gross profit margin (which includes fixed production overheads). The sales to Orange just concerned the extra contribution (fixed costs constant). So this was testing use of relevant costs. I think I came to a wrong conclusion- what did others think?

The standard costing question went ok except for the report where one had to discuss the material and labour variances and any connection. I advised that substitute materials (easier to use) should be bought or finding an alternative supplier. More skilled labour should be hired. What did others think?

Overall I think I did poorly and have failed. It is in the hands of the gods now and I can only hope for the best!

Good luck to you all!

My frnd in short we needed bit more time !!!!!!:001_wub:
  • CAPTAIN
    CAPTAIN Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    The wastage has to be taken account of because if you dont you won;t achieve the desired sale forecast, as loo of material will be incurred during productin,
  • The Elf
    The Elf Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    You're right OMG!

How long was that paper! Did the examiner actually sit it themselves, far too much to get through! I did get through it but with no time to check.

Usually the AAT put in proforma P&L templates. That last question wasted a serious amount of time having to rewrite it all by hand!!

Come on AAT - that MAC was far too long! Were not CIMAs yet
  • Londina
    Options
    The Elf wrote: »
    You're right OMG!

How long was that paper! Did the examiner actually sit it themselves, far too much to get through! I did get through it but with no time to check.

Usually the AAT put in proforma P&L templates. That last question wasted a serious amount of time having to rewrite it all by hand!!

Come on AAT - that MAC was far too long! Were not CIMAs yet

I agree with you The Elf! this is my point in my other post http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22871
Privacy Policy