Tendering for work

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I've been approached by a local accountant (i've done previous bookkeeping work for a number of their clients) to provide a quote for setting up quickbooks for one of their clients. It's to include purchasing the software, installing it, setting it up, providing training to staff & then support afterwards. There's 2 companies involved and several complexities but it's definately something which I'm competent and keen to do - I just feel a bit daunted with providing the quote! There's someone else interested in it too, so it's quite important I get it right. Does anyone have any advice or tips to help? Should I say somthing like 'assuming you have xyz information avaliable I expect it to take me x days @ £x'? should I give them an option of a set fee or an hourly rate? I'm thinking that the more detailed the quote the more I'll cover myself for being able to charge for anythign additional they may get me to do, but I don't want to scare them off with pages of unnessesary details!
I have made customised notes for using quickbooks for previous clients, should I send a copy with the quote as an example?
hope someone who does this regularly can offer some pointers!
thanks

Comments

• sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor 🦉

I often do this type of work and I find it easier to meet the client before providing a quote. During this meeting I can gauge the client's expectations, their knowledge of their existing systems, find out how organised they are, who I will be training and ask to have a quick look at the exisiting accounts records to find out what I have to work with.
    You don't say if you will be working direct with the client, or subcontracting to the accountant so you might need to get the accountants permission first. If you offer the meeting for free they probably won't mind.
    An aditional advantage is that you have the opportunity to presentyour sample training manual and to impress the client with your skills and knowledge.

You should hopefully come away with a clear idea of what you are dealing with, and a better chance of winning the contract.

Good luck
  • Timmne
    Timmne Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi JodieR,

If you email me on timmne@googlemail.com then I should be able to email you a copy of a quote I did for exactly (even QuickBooks too) the same sort of thing. It's on my home PC though so it won't be 'til this evening but I'm sure it'll be of some use!

Timmne
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thanks both of you - Timmne I have sent you a message :001_smile:
Privacy Policy