pcr past papers

taskey
taskey Registered Posts: 1,800 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
OH MY GOD !!!!!

why are they so hard??

from one paper to the next everything is so different.

panicking now

Tracy

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    calm down calm down calm down........

ohh no me scouse is coming out !!
  • taskey
    it is driving me mad as i think i know what to do - then BAM - another dodgy question appears
  • mark130273
    i know......its gets me when they put in opening and closing stock on the flexed budget ?
  • taskey
    i did one this morning and it said about redoing the budget for extra sales etc and asks you to work out the direct hours and overtime hours needed.

then after the questions it tells you more data which you need for the previous question.

how the **** am i meant do this.

i think i am going to go for overkill on answers and put everything possible

how you feeling about it?

tracy
  • tauq786x
    tauq786x Registered Posts: 35 Regular contributor ⭐
    the task 1.1s are okay

its just that when they giv u additional data and task 1.2... ARGHHHH :(
  • mark20
    mark20 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    the examiner for the paper changed in dec08 so the layout has changed..
    I've found dec08 paper far easier than the other papers. Hopefully a similar paper will come up :laugh:
  • taskey
    i am hoping so too. i liked that paper. just some of the revious ones, the answers do not make sense at all and reading past posts on here by the sounds of it the answers were changed a few times too.

Tracy
  • mark130273
    well i never seens that one...but i know in dec 08 paper..i got one little part wrong in sections 2 which put every answer wrong from that point onwards...but i know they rework the answers to match your mistake so you only get marked down once...but wouldnt you think they would only tie in a couple of questions and not the whole section...

im thinking this coming paper we are going to get a massive section 2 and a dead tiny section 1 !
  • taskey
    mark130273 wrote: »
    well i never seens that one...but i know in dec 08 paper..i got one little part wrong in sections 2 which put every answer wrong from that point onwards...but i know they rework the answers to match your mistake so you only get marked down once...but wouldnt you think they would only tie in a couple of questions and not the whole section...

im thinking this coming paper we are going to get a massive section 2 and a dead tiny section 1 !

dec 2007 under task 1.2 it tells you about the restricted vertime and materials

i am going home now from work as i cannot concentrate here.

nice cup of tea, 10 minute breather and then try again.

Tracy
  • mark130273
    ive still got that one to do.if i can get time to do it.....doing jun 08 first then dec 07 !

only a cup of tea ??dont you need something stronger ?
  • taskey
    mark130273 wrote: »
    ive still got that one to do.if i can get time to do it.....doing jun 08 first then dec 07 !

only a cup of tea ??dont you need something stronger ?

oh yes. but it can wait till tomorrow night.

vodka and diet coke - make it a large one!!!
  • mark130273
    taskey wrote: »
    oh yes. but it can wait till tomorrow night.

vodka and diet coke - make it a large one!!!

ok will do...but im sure that you wont be in the same pub as me ??
  • Moseley_21
    Moseley_21 Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    i agree in december 2007 they dont put the information that you need until after the question?? strange??
    Also has anyone done June 2006 it says overtime should be charged to production overheads?? however in the answer it has no reference to overtime in the production overheads?? confused thank you please!! :-(
  • taskey
    that one confused the life out of me as overtime is paid at 50% but when working it out it is paid at the same rate of £6 per hour.

seems to me like they want to trip you up

Tracy
  • gingervicki
    gingervicki Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor ⭐
    just done sect 1 of june 2008 , same as every1 else, i get so fat then the additional data screws me right over, i think i need to get more practise in on
    S1 or im just not gonna be able to do it.

GGGRRR!
  • kls
    kls Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    mark20 wrote: »
    the examiner for the paper changed in dec08 so the layout has changed..
    I've found dec08 paper far easier than the other papers. Hopefully a similar paper will come up :laugh:

did you notice that the PEV was similar to Dec 2008 so yeah fingers crossed!:thumbup1:
  • ali84
    ali84 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Dec 2007 asks you to calculate the material and labour for the additional units in 1.2 based on the increase in sales.

The memo in 1.3 is separate and it is within the memo you need to refer to whether the additional production can be attained using the figures you calculated in 1.2 and the restrictions in material and labour hours they mention.

The restrictions are not therefore needed in 1.2
  • taskey
    but when you look at the answers it uses the 50 hours overtime - total overtime available 50 x 10

confused
  • ali84
    ali84 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Moseley_21 wrote: »
    i agree in december 2007 they dont put the information that you need until after the question?? strange??
    Also has anyone done June 2006 it says overtime should be charged to production overheads?? however in the answer it has no reference to overtime in the production overheads?? confused thank you please!! :-(

Moseley_21
    My understanding of june 2006 is that the labour overtime is included in production overheads and these are charged at £10 per hour, regardless of the amount of overtime. However the labour time, including overtime would contribute to the number of hours used.
  • lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi,

How do you get the cost per test for Dec 08 PCR paper task 1.3 B???

Thanks
  • taskey
    you can do 20 tests in 1 hour, so the £13.23 per hour is divided by 20 £0.66

hope that helps

Tracy
  • mark130273
    so isnt it in dec 2007 that you do the qustion then they give you more info which in that case could be the limiting factor ?
  • lucy1988
    lucy1988 Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks, how do you get the Rent and rates figure of 300,000 in the flexed budget??
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hey I am on the June 2006 paper

I don't understand why in Task 1.1 D & E...they include over time labour hours which are due to be charged to production overheads..and according to the text given these don't constitute as direct labour hours.

Or do they?

Grrrr
  • Chris023
    Chris023 Registered Posts: 93 Regular contributor ⭐
    ahh, having gone over it again..

I think I get it...it is only the premium which is charged to the overheads

The standard part of it is charged to direct labour hours.

I don't know if it is just me...but sometimes find the way that they phrase things on AAT papers confusing and can be easily missinterupted
  • mark130273
    i definately avoiding that jun 06 paper...sounds like a stinker and a half
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Flipin eck I was just about to start on that, June 06, I cant wait now, defo most nervous about this exam, DFS went well this morning, just need to get pcr done THEN I HAVE FINISHED I JUST CAN'T WAIT :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • mark130273
    Big Bird wrote: »
    Flipin eck I was just about to start on that, June 06, I cant wait now, defo most nervous about this exam, DFS went well this morning, just need to get pcr done THEN I HAVE FINISHED I JUST CAN'T WAIT :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ive only got the pcr tmow too then thats it..........woooooooooohoooooooooo

but as long asthey dont give us one like jun 06 thanks very much ?
  • mark20
    mark20 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    lucy1988 wrote: »
    Thanks, how do you get the Rent and rates figure of 300,000 in the flexed budget??

to get the rent and rates figure you have to
    take the number of hours (240,000) and divide by number of chargeable ours at each workshop (70,000)

240000/70000=3.42
    this shows that 3.42 workshops are needed but you obviously can't have a .42 of a workshop so you need to round up to 4. Then multiply the 4 by the cost of each workshop (75,000)

4 x 75,000 = 300,000
  • Big Bird
    Big Bird Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Ive got away with no resits yet, I just think the PCR can be so unpredictable, and the wording can be confusing and in exam conditions its easy to miss bits, Good luck for 2moz:lol::lol:
Privacy Policy