Annoying things about office work

Paul24
Paul24 Registered Posts: 578 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Why do people insist on having terrible hold music - After ten mins on hold I want to pull my ears off!!!!!!

Comments

• mark130273
    mark130273 Registered Posts: 4,234 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hey one of the best ones was a bank i rang the other day they actually let you choose which type of music you wanted to be held on by....but unfortunatly once they went throught all the options they picked up......i asked weather i could be put on hold again for that song...they never...
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    hey one of the best ones was a bank i rang the other day they actually let you choose which type of music you wanted to be held on by....but unfortunatly once they went throught all the options they picked up......i asked weather i could be put on hold again for that song...they never...

Virgin Media have the same but i cought them out they play the same music no matter what you choose
  • mark130273
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    Virgin Media have the same but i cought them out they play the same music no matter what you choose

so what song would cover all the types of music then ?
  • Pigpen
    Pigpen Registered Posts: 331 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Annoying things about office work

Colleagues?

Or having to go there in the first place (work)
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    so what song would cover all the types of music then ?

They just played Heart songs i had to ring them a few times so each time i changed the type and it played heart every time :lol:
  • mark130273
    should ring up and complain that you want something different if you pick soul rather than classical ?
  • Primble
    Primble Registered Posts: 734 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    i was on hold to a certain bank in a capital for an hour with no music. just some annoying woman sayn my call was valued. they then proceeded to tell me it was the wrong number i was ringing (and3 times after that when they gav me the numbr!)
  • mark130273
    i was on hold to a certain bank in a capital for an hour with no music. just some annoying woman sayn my call was valued. they then proceeded to tell me it was the wrong number i was ringing (and3 times after that when they gav me the numbr!)

that one is even worse when they put you on hold and then continue to tell you that you are number 3 in the queue !!! :confused1::confused1:
  • steveJ
    steveJ Registered Posts: 694 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    http://www.ultrathought.com/beat-the-call-centre-queues-and-costs

Check out that link for some secrets on how to beat the call centres !!!

:thumbup1:
  • blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Many times I've found that swearing down the phone helps you get to the front of the queue quicker. Oh the number of times an operator has heard me screaming "..unts!" down the phone in frustration...

Also, sometimes when they put you "on hold", they've only actually put you on mute. You can't hear them but they can hear you calling them every name under the sun as clear as daylight. I only found this out once when one of them repeated almost every name back to me that I'd called him before icily continuing with my query!
  • mark130273
    Many times I've found that swearing down the phone helps you get to the front of the queue quicker. Oh the number of times an operator has heard me screaming "..unts!" down the phone in frustration...

Also, sometimes when they put you "on hold", they've only actually put you on mute. You can't hear them but they can hear you calling them every name under the sun as clear as daylight. I only found this out once when one of them repeated almost every name back to me that I'd called him before icily continuing with my query!

well i think if someone called me in a call centre and they started calling me all the names under the sun im thinging i would keep them on hold for ever and a day !
  • PAMDILL
    PAMDILL Registered Posts: 721 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    THe ones that cheese me off are the call centres that answer put you through all the rigmarole costing you money to then put you on hold for a minute or two and have an automated voice tell you they are too busy to take your call and to all back then cut you off!!!!!
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    THe ones that cheese me off are the call centres that answer put you through all the rigmarole costing you money to then put you on hold for a minute or two and have an automated voice tell you they are too busy to take your call and to all back then cut you off!!!!!

Usually it's HMRC!
  • The Sage helpline gives you options for music. Unfortunately the mighty Metallica was not amongst them. :crying:
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    In a nutshell...

1610.strip.gif
Privacy Policy