Phew - FRA done!

twinmeister
twinmeister Registered Posts: 122 Dedicated contributor 🦉
So what did people think? I thought it was a pretty fair exam, no surprises, a few twiddly bits, but nothing major.

Sure I made some mistakes along the way, but for the first time ever I got my TB's to balance in an exam situation.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Comments

• foz2000
    foz2000 Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Just got back from doing this exam. Wasnt as bad as expected.

Hope everyone else has done well.

Roll on project 10
  • twinmeister
    Quite a few people finished very early - does that mean it was an easy paper?
  • galaxy
    galaxy Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    I think it went ok, took me about 1hr 50 mins. Got pretty stumped on one part so just had to kind of guess at an answer ( thought it was better than leaving it blank! ) but that was the only part I struggled with, to be honest I knew if it came up I would struggle in any case.

Roll on 8pm when we can talk about our answers!
  • rosetta3107
    rosetta3107 Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I also got my TBs to balance so I'm happy about that, even if the figures are wrong!

Couple of questions I didn't like but like galaxy I made educated guesses rather than leaving blanks.

I took two hours - I think the paper was a bit easier than some of the past papers. Still challenging, though.
  • twinmeister
    I found section 1 much harder than section 2 too.
  • rosetta3107
    I found section 1 much harder than section 2 too.
    Me too. I had to really think hard about that question where answer e depended on d which depended on c etc. Get answer a wrong and you were snookered!
  • tigger37
    tigger37 Registered Posts: 200 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Phew - FRA done!

I agree - it was all pretty much straight forward except for a few fiddly bits Nothing like the ECR back in December! Roll on 8pm when we can discuss answers! :thumbup:
  • twinmeister
    How much better do we feel coming out of FRA today than we did coming out of ECR last December?
  • galaxy
    galaxy Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Me too. I had to really think hard about that question where answer e depended on d which depended on c etc. Get answer a wrong and you were snookered!

Yup, thats the part that I was confused by as well, my tutor hinted it would likely come up as well so I spent all last night trying to get my head around it but still couldn't figure it out! Think I got it wrong to be honest, but I'm fairly confident I did ok on everything else so fingers crossed!
  • rosetta3107
    How much better do we feel coming out of FRA today than we did coming out of ECR last December?
    Did ECR on Monday. Found it marginally easier than today's.
  • twinmeister
    Did you look at ECR from Dec 08? I found it horrible - hope Monday's was better than that.
  • ema192
    ema192 Registered Posts: 107 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I feel so releaved! second part was defo easier than first! I got everything to balance though so hopefully thats a good sign or it may jus be i got lucky ha!!

big sigh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wait for results now :-(
  • rosetta3107
    galaxy wrote: »
    Yup, thats the part that I was confused by as well, my tutor hinted it would likely come up as well so I spent all last night trying to get my head around it but still couldn't figure it out! Think I got it wrong to be honest, but I'm fairly confident I did ok on everything else so fingers crossed!
    I'm usually OK with that particular subject area but I thought the wording of the questions (particularly part c I think it was) was odd.
  • rosetta3107
    Did you look at ECR from Dec 08? I found it horrible - hope Monday's was better than that.
    Yes, I looked at it - just glad Monday's was nothing like it. Dec 08's seemed to have a different feel and look about it compared to other past papers. I think the AAT has got wise to the fact the candidates revise just by working at past papers and like to surprise us by throwing in some oddballs.
  • Julie Richards
    Julie Richards Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I found it really quite hard to be honest. TB part one did not balance and P figure part 2 took me yonks to get. Hope ive passed though wii wait and see.:huh:
  • richprice
    richprice Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Fra

Don't know if it's just me. I thought it was really hard today. Had to use a auspense in the end:mad2:
  • KezH
    KezH Registered Posts: 12 New contributor 🐸
    Blimey

Well just back from sitting the FRA exam! Most of you seem fairly happy with the exam, well done! I found problems around every corner! I hope i eventually got there with part 1 but part 2 didn't balance and i ran out of time, I was there for the whole time! Would love to know if everyone else was balancing and if not their difference. Have a feeling i know what it was but had no time left to think it through and get the tipex out - again!
  • goodyuk
    goodyuk Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
    Well I must be dumber than you lot because I thought that this was way harder than previous FRA papers! I DID however get both sections to balance and think I did ok, but it took some work to get there! WOW - they put some crafty things in there!!!!!!! Thank God it's over..... BOY am I stressed out! LOL

:thumbup::thumbdown:
  • mrspnut
    mrspnut Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    I thought it was much easier than past papers I'd attempted and tbh I expected more curve balls like Monday's ECR exam.

I finished pretty quickly, in just over an hour and everything balanced nicely and flowed through. The very last question is the only one I may have not answered correctly but overall I'm very happy with both exams this week.
  • t2000becky
    t2000becky Registered Posts: 27 Regular contributor ⭐
    glad thats over, i ended up staying the full time on this one, trying to get part one tb to balance, managed it in the end which is good. a few things were confusing but not too bad.
    definately harder than mondays!
  • Andypandy
    Andypandy Registered Posts: 526 Epic contributor 🐘
    Think I'll be back in December!
  • rachy1975
    rachy1975 Registered Posts: 366 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    yeah not to bad i thought...cant wait to complare my answers to everyone elses at 8!!!! only 2 hours to go..........:lol:
  • Carolyn77
    Carolyn77 Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Ugh!

I can say that I found today's exam much more difficult than past papers that I looked at for practice. I didn't balance on either section though I wasn't out by much. I went back and checked and rechecked, I guess I'm just thick.

I found Monday's much easier. I was feeling very confident after Monday, where as today, not so much. I'll be very surprised if I passed and won't have to resit it.

Just have to wait wait wait now. :001_unsure:
  • Mog17
    Mog17 Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    I felt much better about today than Monday. Think I feel pretty confident from FRA today but ECR monday - hmmm, not so sure about that one. i thought there were some wierd and wonderfuls but nothing too drastic and managed to get things to balance with only minor tipex usage!!! Was expecting it to be much worse than it was so pleasantly surprised. Loving the lack of written answers!
  • Mog17
    53 minutes and counting....
  • Jessica!
    Jessica! Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    how come we can only talk about them at 8pm?? ops already posted loads of questions no figures tho. should i delete it and write back at 8pm ?
  • Mog17
    Jessica! wrote: »
    how come we can only talk about them at 8pm?? ops already posted loads of questions no figures tho. should i delete it and write back at 8pm ?

If there's detail on exam questions or hints at answers best to delete. It's to do with all the people doing the exam in other parts of the world (time difference) - 8pm is the 'safe time' to discuss it cos everyone's done or in the exam by then...
  • twinmeister
    Wondering whether it's a good idea to look at what everyone says they put for FRA exam???? I know for sure I made mistakes, but because my TB balanced I thought it would be best to leave well alone and go home.

Hope I'm not going to regret it. Nowt much I can do about it now.

Wonder if the pass rate will be high if most people found it a relatively straight-forward exam? In which case it's actually harder to pass than Dec's ECR???
  • Mog17
    Wondering whether it's a good idea to look at what everyone says they put for FRA exam???? I know for sure I made mistakes, but because my TB balanced I thought it would be best to leave well alone and go home.

Hope I'm not going to regret it. Nowt much I can do about it now.

Wonder if the pass rate will be high if most people found it a relatively straight-forward exam? In which case it's actually harder to pass than Dec's ECR???

If TB balanced you must have had the principle right which should count for something! If a figure or two within that wasn't right sure you can lose marks but surely not fail if you've followed through with those figures....? I did that on a mock - messed up right at the beginning with a bad calculation which affected all the figures which followed but still did really well because my 'technique' if you like was bang on. Just dodgy numbers!!!!!
  • twinmeister
    I had to buy a calculator this week as the kids smashed my old one up. Got the world's cheapest one from ASDA and I swear I added up the depreciation 5 times on it and it gave me 5 different answers.

Did think of asking to borrow a different one, but somehow the sentence
    " Please can I have a different calculator, this one seems to be giving me the wrong answers" seemed like a bad joke!!!!

I know, I know - rubbish in, rubbish out!
Privacy Policy